Varsity College 12hrs of Adrenalin

Kwashi

Great event, quality turnout of riders, good route. Love the venue, almost like a hobbit warren of tent/gazebo locations.

Bloody great vibe and the storm just become part of the event's happenings. What with Jaggermeister being passed round and the prize giving being pelted with jelly babys and water bottles after a bad joke. :lol:

Was great, well worth attending!

The jelly baby-biltong combo in your mouth at the same time was a lekker combo!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 12hr solo event and I loved it! Just about every rider who came past had some words of encouragement. Nearly fell off the bike laughing when the leopard roared past me. You guys are good sports.

That hill got the better of me after a few laps and ended up walking the last piece each round. :(

Great event. :thumbup:

Edited by Fester

My first 12hr solo event and I loved it! Just about every rider who came past had some words of encouragement.

People ar very supportive to the solo guys, good to see the event was a success.

People ar very supportive to the solo guys, good to see the event was a success.

That they are. But everyone there on Saturday seemed to be cheering on and chirping just about everyone else. Sure there was some intense competition, but there was none of the unpleasantness you get at some races. Okay, there was that one moment when "Growling Elvis" passed me… :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was a great event!! We will definately be back next year to attempt the 6h or maybe the 12h event. Kudos to the okes that did this solo or on a single-speed :thumbup:. You guys/gals are either super fit, totally nuts or a combination of the two :clap: :clap: :clap: !!!

Thanks for a great event. I enjoyed it - dont think the legs did though. Not such and easy course after hitting those hills 8 times in a row. Will be back next year but with a few other people. Course was too tough for a solo stint without the rest.

Vibe was good and I think next year will be better.

I think though you should move some of the transition area up to the first climb so we can setup our stops with a view of the racing.

Thanks to the marshals as well that were constantly fixing the drop off and the incline just after it :clap:

Well done !

Yes big up and thanks for being out there at night, good to know if we had momentary loss of talent, thr was someone around...

Any idea whether photos of the event will be posted on the internet and where we could access these?

Well done Richard!!! You were spot on with the course ( for me anyway) right distance,right mix and mostly right vibe. Pitty about the wedding but " if the music is too loud you are too old" Your staff/ helpers were just great "Thank You " nice to get an encouraging word each lap. Hope these guys will all be coming to the Vlei 24 hour.We look forward having events for people who absolutely appreciate what they get.... roll on 2012 and a bigger better 12hour. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :drool:

Thanks Wendell, glad you came through and showed the other guys how to ride a bike. My staff were fantastic, great to have guys and girls that go the extra mile, and keen to be out there even in the rain.

See you at the The Vlei 24hr, its going to be wicked!

I will load links to the photos shortly.

Rich

Do you know when the entries will be open for this. Glad to hear your team will be involved with it

Do you know when the entries will be open for this. Glad to hear your team will be involved with it

They're open already. www.entrytime.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Wendell, glad you came through and showed the other guys how to ride a bike. My staff were fantastic, great to have guys and girls that go the extra mile, and keen to be out there even in the rain.

I will load links to the photos shortly.

Rich

Photos?