Show us your pets

tunariaan

At last they have arrived from Port Elizabeth.

Our two adopted labradors:-

Duke - Chocolate

Kheera - Black

This is their 2nd rehoming since July 2014 and they are understandably a bit clingy.

post-43-0-53875200-1414044749_thumb.jpgpost-43-0-73202400-1414044750_thumb.jpgpost-43-0-85757100-1414044751_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At last they have arrived from Port Elizabeth.

Our two adopted labradors:-

Duke - Chocolate

Kheera - Black

This is their 2nd rehoming since July 2014 and they are understandably a bit clingy.

Beautiful dogs.

I have mad respect for people that adopt.

Those two will need plenty of exercise but will give you many years of joy.

Hi Guys - while we were over in Hawaii earlier this month, I saw these which I thought were really trendy! I unfortunately missed the chance to buy two for our dogs (they were closed the day we left) so I am going to order in the next week or so - if anyone wants to piggy-back on the order to reduce the shipping, let me know! They are all between $15 and $20 so thanks to our lovely exchange rate about R220. Not cheap, but the quality looked pretty impressive so I'm going to take a chance!

post-15215-0-09971300-1414044927_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-02050600-1414044934_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-77634800-1414044941_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-63609500-1414044951_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-77503500-1414044973_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-61940000-1414044983_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-82789400-1414045017_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-25070900-1414045101_thumb.jpg

yeah I bought that yesterday for her. Thanks

It does help with them.

When they get older you need to keep some Rymadol handy.

My Boerboel had hip displacia and he live to 11 and was 75kgs.

He ended up passing in an opp to save him from bloat.

I disagree with not walking her,

i was still walking my boy the day of and to be honest kept him strong which helped.

It does help with them.

When they get older you need to keep some Rymadol handy.

My Boerboel had hip displacia and he live to 11 and was 75kgs.

He ended up passing in an opp to save him from bloat.

I disagree with not walking her,

i was still walking my boy the day of and to be honest kept him strong which helped.

We have a 10000sqm property and the vet reckons with her younger sister (also a collie) and her playing she will get more than enough exercise.

Got a lump in my throat this morning though when she brought her soccer ball for me to kick.

We have a 10000sqm property and the vet reckons with her younger sister (also a collie) and her playing she will get more than enough exercise.

Got a lump in my throat this morning though when she brought her soccer ball for me to kick.

Eish... when my jack lost his nail I was pampering him like he lost his whole foot... Can't imagine how you must feel...

all the best

My dogs are not allowed on the couches ect but they are allowed ..morning and evening on the bed till we chase them off.

This is my male Stuka...he's PILLOW DRIVEN..

I work away from home for 6 months of the year and he will always lay on my side and on my pillow. post-25947-1414049334,8441.jpgpost-25947-1414049345,918.jpgpost-25947-1414049357,0675.jpgpost-25947-1414049377,6192.jpgpost-25947-1414049393,091.jpgpost-25947-1414049412,0473.jpg

My dogs are not allowed on the couches ect but they are allowed ..morning and evening on the bed till we chase them off.

This is my male Stuka...he's PILLOW DRIVEN..

I work away from home for 6 months of the year and he will always lay on my side and on my pillow. attachicon.gifIMG-20140507-WA0010.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20140427-WA0006.jpgattachicon.gif20140325_221855.jpgattachicon.gif20140130_213334.jpgattachicon.gif20130905_205106_2.jpgattachicon.gif20130713_231307.jpg

Liked your post, but I would not like it if it was my bed

Ahh got ya,

A walk though if she is well behaved and if she really enjoys it will still be beneficial.

Chasing games are unfortunately a no no, its the hard acceleration and declaration thats the problem..

My staffie slipped a disk,

found him one morning on his back unable to move and thought he had broken his back.

6 weeks of NO jumping/running, try to handle that with a super enthusiastic dog that doesnt feel pain.

He was a frisby dog and now can never play with it again as he will jump off a cliff to catch it and cant risk him having a bad tumble.

Good luck though 

It is all to the betterment of them though.

yeah I bought that yesterday for her. Thanks

My Rottie is 11 and a bit - he doesn't have hip issues but he is arthritic in his elbow as he broke it as a pup. He is on a supplement called rejuvadog (as are other dogs in the family who are displasic)

Also I swear by MSM ( white powder found at health shops) I didn't know how much of a difference it made to him until I ran out last week.

The vet wanted him on the Hills JD diet but I couldn't keep his weight down on it so I put him back on his raw diet and the supplements above.

Good luck - so sorry she was so young - 1 1/2 is very young for a diagnosis tho - they normal wait until after 2 so that all the growing is done. Did he say how bad her hips were on the score sheet?

Edit: Sorry wanted to ask if she is grossly overweight? Sometimes a lot of damage can be undone by slimming down especially as to some degree the are still growing.

Mr Fine - Strongs to you your loss :'(

And loving all the other pics :)

Edited by Da Vinci

Sad day for me as my Louie the Weimaraner who you Hubbers always see had to be put down this morning.His liver had a tumor which ruptured and his stomach swelled up.First thought he had been poisoned.Vet did a scan and found that his stomach was full of blood.All this happened all of a sudden in a matter of two days.Last week he was still chasing hundreds of lizards around.Not much could be done.Miss him like crazy.Also loved doing the trails with me.Good luck with your JAZZ

Strongs, thats never lekker.

My rotti is 11 and a bit - he doesn't have hip issues but he is arthritic in his elbow as he broke it as a pup. He is on a supplement called rejuvadog (as are other dogs in the family who are displasic)

Also I swear by MSM ( white powder found at health shops) I didn't know how much of a difference it made to him until I ran out last week.

The vet wanted him on the Hills JD diet but I couldn't keep his weight down on it so I put him back on his raw diet and the supplements above.

Good luck - so sorry she was so young - 1 1/2 is very young for a diagnosis tho - they normal wait until after 2 so that all the growing is done. Did he say how bad her hips were on the score sheet?

Edit: Sorry wanted to ask if she is grossly overweight? Sometimes a lot of damage can be undone by slimming down especially as to some degree the are still growing.

Mr Fine - Strongs to you your loss :'(

And loving all the other pics :)

We started  noticing a limp and thought that she might have just hurt herself playing. But after a while she would run and go nuts.

We then started seeing the limp more and more and especially when she was getting up from sleep.

Took her in on monday to get checked out and they thought it might just be some inflammation in the joint and gave her some anti inflammation tabs to monitor. Also we were checking her right leg,

On tuesday morning i had to catch an early flight and when she got up to greet me i saw she wasn't even standing on the left leg so arranged with the vet to do X-rays.

Didn't ask for the damage in terms of scale. I was too mortified to ask. I love this dog more than any other dog i have ever had. Her birth name is the same as my son. Her birthday is the same as mine. Her personality is just like mine.

She is superb with my son. He can lay on her like a pillow and she will stay there until he gets up.

I had dreams of running with her. Taking her on holiday with us and her running on the beach. 

In terms of her weight she is not obese but the Vet wants her to look almost anorexic so that the joint have less weight to bear.

Being able to feel her ribs is a good starting point. Definately no "forced" exercise. It's not the end of the world - could be mild. Get her thin - all it will do is slow down her growth if she is overly slim and that's not too bad ( can be good actually) as long as what she is fed is nutritious and good quality. She can still do many of those things but give it time. She will stop and rest if she is too sore. Quality of life is important too [emoji6]