Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody on this thread has a love for animals. Recently the Centurion SPCA started to be active on Facebook, presumably through a volunteer. Now often have Saturday markets, donors for shade cloth etc. Wife started a monthly debit order etc.

Made me wonder if anybody is actively involved in supporting animal shelters and how you do it?

Being the wuz I am I would rather donate than spend time with the dogs, I even look away whenever there is a sad scene on tv so don't want to go to the cages Etc. Last time I did that was when we had that cycle to Midrand SPCA for Jacques to donate food Etc for those that remember.

My organization of choice is the woodrock animal rescue. No kill shelter. I keep promising to go walk the dogs but like you I know I'll be in a ball of tears and wanting to take them all home. They make money through kenneling, and donations, I've manned a second hand book sale table for them, but damn that's boring as hell.

When they have special needs, like an emergency case I'll donate funds, otherwise they have a bric & brac store, I'll drop off random stuff they can sell.

They often get pregnant mommies in, so anyone wanting to adopt puppies, check their Facebook page.

Edited by Uni

, though. Ian Jones is one of my heroes. All-round awesome guy.

Where is Ian Tw? Haven't seen him online in a while. Him And his pack well?

Where is Ian Tw? Haven't seen him online in a while. Him And his pack well?

Awfully busy if the traffic on the husky FB page is anything to go by! And of course his own page is filled with his pack! Oh, and he's about to become a father-in-law now that Gareth and Celeste (some hubbers may remember her as Chilli Pepper's daughter) are betrothed!     

New addition have a name yet, Bar?

Was wrestling* with Rubes on the floor when this lyric played, "My pockets are out and running about and barking in the street, to tell what I have hidden there..."

I thought that was a nice way to end off the weekend...night all :-) 

post-1604-0-37158300-1457292858_thumb.jpg

*She won, by the way, but we are in different weight divisions....

This just the wierdest couple. She refuses to hang out with the other Greyhounds. Where he goes, she goes. Where she goes, he goes. They share a kennel and are inseperable.

attachicon.gif20160304_182831.jpg

Perfect match! They look like a couple that will, um, make old um bones together... :clap:

Got this link from the old dog this morning.....no need for a tissue...get the whole box....

To be neglected and treated like this and still willing to forgive, we can learn a lot from animals. 

Everybody on this thread has a love for animals. Recently the Centurion SPCA started to be active on Facebook, presumably through a volunteer. Now often have Saturday markets, donors for shade cloth etc. Wife started a monthly debit order etc.

Made me wonder if anybody is actively involved in supporting animal shelters and how you do it?

Being the wuz I am I would rather donate than spend time with the dogs, I even look away whenever there is a sad scene on tv so don't want to go to the cages Etc. Last time I did that was when we had that cycle to Midrand SPCA for Jacques to donate food Etc for those that remember.

We adopted our Lab from Purrpaws, a no kill shelter near Denneysville. We go there from time to time to help socializing the dogs, maintenance of the camps and to donate food. They currently have about 500 dogs and 300 cats, and the numbers just keep growing.