Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  OH NOOOOOO!!!!

Of ALL the dogs in the world.....it had to be a St Bernard. The one dog you are desperate for Tumbles :blush:

But no - you cant have her, especially not if you are thinking of moving away.

I love Ruby - she is absolutely gorgeous :wub:

Pikey are you sure she wouldn't be ok staying in the smaller garden? I don't think they're particularly active dogs are they? Maybe you could walk her everyday for a bit of exercise? Its heartbreaking to think of her missing her family. :blush:  

Maybe I will stay a little longer... :-)I know, I know...

my new little boy. Vinny

11892100_10153499628854892_5463242486117

Can't help but think of Joe Pesci when I hear that name!

Edited by Tumbleweed

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  OH NOOOOOO!!!!

Of ALL the dogs in the world.....it had to be a St Bernard. The one dog you are desperate for Tumbles :blush:

But no - you cant have her, especially not if you are thinking of moving away.

I love Ruby - she is absolutely gorgeous :wub:

Pikey are you sure she wouldn't be ok staying in the smaller garden? I don't think they're particularly active dogs are they? Maybe you could walk her everyday for a bit of exercise? Its heartbreaking to think of her missing her family. :blush:

Hi little fish,she is not particularly active and we have taken her for walks,when she hears her lead she goes mad,as she knows what's coming.

The garden is really tiny,if you can call it a garden. But a big concern for me is that she can't see the outside world or any activity. And I think she is lonely after having company for a few months. And we there is no ways we can take on a companion for her in this space.

Believe me we are distraught over this decision ,but do honestly feel that it would be for her benefit ,there's no gain in this scenario. But as long ruby ends up in a loving home with companions and part of a family I can deal with the loss.

We have to dogs schools here that does IPO training, its not as big as in JHB

3phases, that would be great but we have to see if he has the drive for it and we have to still put in the hundreds of hours to get there

Hi little fish,she is not particularly active and we have taken her for walks,when she hears her lead she goes mad,as she knows what's coming.

The garden is really tiny,if you can call it a garden. But a big concern for me is that she can't see the outside world or any activity. And I think she is lonely after having company for a few months. And we there is no ways we can take on a companion for her in this space.

Believe me we are distraught over this decision ,but do honestly feel that it would be for her benefit ,there's no gain in this scenario. But as long ruby ends up in a loving home with companions and part of a family I can deal with the loss.

I so want to take her. My son wants me to take her after seeing her pic. But I just can't. I think we're settling into a rhythm with my pack now that Scar and Ghost are properly settled in. The ball thing would be a problem too, as Squamish lives for his tennis ball.  

I took one look at him and his italian nose and I thought: mafia hitman

I had one exactly the same colors, named him Hitler, o man that was so wrong. He ate 3 cats and 2 poodles in one week, was very aggressive towards other people and unfamiliar animals. I had to give him away, but if I have been living on a farm or somewhere else, he would have been the best guard dog.

Pikey, it was nice to meet you and the family. Sorry there were some tears involved, but Ruby's settling in. She spent a while outside, reluctant to come in, so I left the front door open while the rest of us dozed all over the lounge. Ghost sat with her outside. Eventually, I woke up at about midnight, and went outside and she came in without too much coaxing...and slept between Ghost and Scar. Wolfed down her food this morning...! She also took to the trotters they all got as a treat this morn. Will send ya some more pics later, but these are from yesterday...        

post-1604-0-13936900-1442207452_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-90983500-1442207461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed