Show us your pets

tunariaan

By moving in a circle you force to dog to move his front feet or he is going to fall over and in theory the dog will then let go.

That makes sense because their natural instinct, especially in a fight, is to stay upright. Thanks.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

down at Kenton over Easter and Jack the Scottie had an absolute blast. His first visit to the seaside. Every evening he was absolutely knackered after chasing the waves back and forward and just having a jol. He also fitted it in a 6km walk to the Dias cross..which is quite impressive for someone with such short legs

12912796_210227076014972_814222566_n.jpg

with my eldest

12912654_991184644296765_551074948_n.jpg

Awesome dogs, Skotties. Strangely enough my mom also had one named Jack. Unfortunately though, she came home the one day from work and found him at the bottom of her pool. It was a very sad day for her household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juno, Ziggy & Emma

10665653_520922464735164_1065587799_n.jp

The middle one, looks like he/she might be on something, or maybe s/he is the weird one in the family. LOL

The middle one, looks like he/she might be on something, or maybe s/he is the weird one in the family. LOL

With a name like Ziggy, you maybe on to something

Awesome dogs, Skotties. Strangely enough my mom also had one named Jack. Unfortunately though, she came home the one day from work and found him at the bottom of her pool. It was a very sad day for her household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never thought I would have been a Scottie fan.. But they have incredible character... And yeah... They can't swim.... Sadly

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ziggy is proper high energy, in fact both Juno (smaller female version on his left) and Ziggy are. Proper squirrel hunter.  Emma's just happy to totter along by my side, not bothered with hunting.

Please help - advice needed wrt small dogs and taking them on a ride. We have a toy poodle and I'd love to take her along on the bike just for a cruise around the neighbourhood. Anybody got suggestions re bike basket or pouch of sorts that would work? (that don't cost an arm and a leg). Anybody tried a kango baby pouch?

Guest notmyname

Please help - advice needed wrt small dogs and taking them on a ride. We have a toy poodle and I'd love to take her along on the bike just for a cruise around the neighbourhood. Anybody got suggestions re bike basket or pouch of sorts that would work? (that don't cost an arm and a leg). Anybody tried a kango baby pouch?

It's a dog... Well sort of.

Are you serious?

its a dog let him run

dont make him a mat kakkerkie or a spoilt child let him enjoy his legs

Are you serious?

its a dog let him run

dont make him a mat kakkerkie or a spoilt child let him enjoy his legs

I'm dead serious - she's marginally larger than a rat (fluffier too) so it takes a while to get from A to B.

I'm dead serious - she's marginally larger than a rat (fluffier too) so it takes a while to get from A to B.

It'll set you back about R500-ish, but Topeak do a good basket. It's clips on and off a bracket unlike some older one which are "braced" on the front axle of a bike. I bought one for my cruiser. My dogs don't fit in it, though!  

http://www.topeak.com/products/baskets/basket_front_fixer3e_bk

post-1604-0-16383200-1460973499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed

It'll set you back about R500-ish, but Topeak do a good basket. It's clips on and off a bracket unlike some older one which are "braced" on the front axle of a bike. I bought one for my cruiser. My dogs don't fit in it, though!  

http://www.topeak.com/products/baskets/basket_front_fixer3e_bk

attachicon.gifbasket_frong_bk_fixer3e (1).jpg

Somehow I cant imagine Ruby fitting in there  :lol:

Edited by scotty

Never thought I would have been a Scottie fan.. But they have incredible character... And yeah... They can't swim.... Sadly

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Serious, not at all? never knew there was a dog that cant swim..

Will have to warn my sister in law she has a pool and would hate to see her scottie (mac), but come to think of it i recall he is not keen on open water...