Amusing Triathlete Hating Blog

gummibear

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can totally identify with this dude's vibe.

sure there are *douche's in every sport, but it just appears that the douche:legend ratio in triathlon is just stratospherically higher than anywhere else. This is of course despite there being some serious legends there in the first place. I'm not totally sure of this, as I've never been on the 'inside' of the sport. I've been close enough to confirm these suspicions, and am not going to bother finding out more.

pull the wedgie out of your unitards and flame away!

*never noticed that douche and **** are such similar words, despite their totally gender contrasting origins!

*never noticed that douche and **** are such similar words, despite their totally gender contrasting origins!

Good observations. But where's the gender clash?

douche v. To wash your ****.

May I offer a few pointers to try and soften the image.

Ditch the 'Ironman in training ' t-shirt.

Resist the urge to collect your 94.7 race number in your IM finishers tee. .

When riding in P,Q or R don't do it in your IM kit.

Worse, if you've just joined a triathlon club. Do not pitch up in Z with your club kit, compression socks and two bottles at the back of your bike.

When checking in at the airport and we're all heading for the Argus and you're on the way to PE (you're arriving early for the event) mention it only once.

I'm not going to say anything about the tattoo.Except that becoming a CA is very hard but I have yet to see the Chartered Accountant's crest anywhere in the gym.

Disclaimer : This opinion may change if I ever manage to finish one myself.

Padfietsryers is die laaste groep om te kritiseer of "raad aan te bied". EK is ook een en weet julle is stuck up snobs. Ooo jitte, ek ry `n pinarello, daarom is my tril langer.

En hou op pis oor driekamp net omdat jy nie kan swem nie. Dis nooit te laat om lesse te kry nie....

Worse, if you've just joined a triathlon club. Do not pitch up in Z with your club kit, compression socks and two bottles at the back of your bike.

When checking in at the airport and we're all heading for the Argus and you're on the way to PE (you're arriving early for the event) mention it only once.

I'm not going to say anything about the tattoo.Except that becoming a CA is very hard but I have yet to see the Chartered Accountant's crest anywhere in the gym.

Ha ha ha this would be sad if it wasn't so true.

Eldron's modified MBA joke:

How do you know if someone has done the Ironman? They tell you!

Dude, in general I disagree.

Firstly the IM is quite an accomplishment. It would be fair to say you guys are sour cause you cant do it... Having said that, I dont believe one should brag about any event accept maybe the Cape Epic.

If a guy wants to ride with his IM shirt, let him. He deserves it and deserves respect. Remember the IM doesnt suddenly make you a sub 3 hour 94.7 rider. The IM is about endurance, not speed. Respect that. Who cares if the guy with the IM bib starts is Z. He has done the IM and you not. Get over it and show some respect.

If someone likes to train as he races, what is wrong with that? If he wants two bottles on the back of his bicycle so what?

Why are you so preoccupied by triathletes?

I agree on the tattoo point made.

All in all I dont boast and dont like boasters. Very few people know I have done an IM. THere is also a list I can give to roadies in general that pisses me off.

I am however both an triathlete and a roadie so I guess I am stuck in the middle..

Edited by Garfield2010

Dude, in general I disagree.

Firstly the IM is quite an accomplishment. It would be fair to say you guys are sour cause you cant do it... Having said that, I dont believe one should brag about any event accept maybe the Cape Epic.

If a guy wants to ride with his IM shirt, let him. He deserves it and deserves respect. Remember the IM doesnt suddenly make you a sub 3 hour 94.7 rider. The IM is about endurance, not speed. Respect that. Who cares if the guy with the IM bib starts is Z. He has done the IM and you not. Get over it and show some respect.

If someone likes to train as he races, what is wrong with that? If he wants two bottles on the back of his bicycle so what?

Why are you so preoccupied by triathletes?

I agree on the tattoo point made.

All in all I dont boast and dont like boasters. Very few people know I have done an IM. THere is also a list I can give to roadies in general that pisses me off.

I am however both an triathlete and a roadie so I guess I am stuck in the middle..

And then someone had to go and get serious on us...

Riser bars with bar ends, mtbers with booties, fat roadies on Pinarellos, roadies that don't wave - the world is full of silly stereotypes we make fun of - today is the turn of trithletes. Go with the flow man.

Go on - post a pic of yourself training at Kyalami with your TT helmet on!

Haha, What are you doing Dave? You do not wear a Tear drop helmut when averaging 25km/hour.

Seriously that was quite funny last week with the troi sports tri with guys averaging 20 - 25km/hour having full blown tri bikes, helmets etc....

Haha, What are you doing Dave? You do not wear a Tear drop helmut when averaging 25km/hour.

Seriously that was quite funny last week with the troi sports tri with guys averaging 20 - 25km/hour having full blown tri bikes, helmets etc....

I once did a lap in a UK 24 hour mtb race wearing nothing but my duathlon hot pant and my TT helmet on. Backwards. The brits totally digged it. In retrospect summer probably would have been a better choice.

One tjop actually asked me if I knew my helmet was on backwards. When I said "gosh no!" he went on to tell me that it would probably void the guarantee if I fell...

Brits - some of them need humour implants.

And the next triathlete that drafts me for 50kms is getting a snot bomb or two coming their way. You're making me look bad by association. I work hard on my coolness factor on the road bike, I don't need that all undone by a wheel sucking swim-ride-runner...

And the next triathlete that drafts me for 50kms is getting a snot bomb or two coming their way. You're making me look bad by association. I work hard on my coolness factor on the road bike, I don't need that all undone by a wheel sucking swim-ride-runner...

:lol: They do suck don't they...

A real triathlete wont draft, drafting is reserved for roadies who cant TT :D

Bwahahahaha!

This weekend at the Valverde challenge Gripen and me is going to suck you all dry.

Fortunately we will be going under cover so no tri bars. So you will not even realise that it is 2 tri athletes slipping the whole day.

I will however come out of the bunch sprint time as we need bragging rights over you guys! And after the race when I have won you, I will put on my compression socks and IronMan finishers T-shirt and come talk *** to you guys as if we are best buds......