Iain Olivier

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Shave Your Legs?????

• MTB Shaved
    • MTB Unshaved
    • Road Shaved
    • Road Unshaved

Real men wax!

I can't stand the velcro semi shaven state and am too lazy to shave every day.

Plus I have a hot beautician lady person that seems to enjoy inflicting pain - I guess that qualifies as a win-win situation.

Do you have a "safe" word?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real men wax!

I can't stand the velcro semi shaven state and am too lazy to shave every day.

Plus I have a hot beautician lady person that seems to enjoy inflicting pain - I guess that qualifies as a win-win situation.

Wax on wax off. So Mr Mijagi was a cycling enthusiast after all?

I wax, MTB and road.

Kamikaze - I do it for the looks, pure and simple. Had a few comments on my legs so far - one while schlepping up the Swartberg pass during the Cape Pionneer. So there...

I've also had comments about my hair free legs, things like "jissie bra! I've seen better legs hanging out of a birds nest" But during a recent mtb race I took a tumble and ended up in the medic tent. The old paramedic dude said to me "Jissie bra! It's so much easier getting *** out of wounds when there is no hair involved" ....made me think....first time ever.

geez people are touchy!

i give an honest observation and it gets deleted.

obviously everyone who was offended by my post are women (or gay), in which case i will kindly donate a box of tampons for the first 10 replies to this post, because it is clearly "that time of the month"

i stand by my observation - in twenty years of cycling, no one has been able to give me a consistent reason as to why they shave their legs!

just admit that you like the feel of smooth legs and that it has nothing to do with cycling....

geez people are touchy!

Your comment was deleted because of the anti-Semitic observation. How can you think it's funny to use that as a simile?

Bloody hell. Nicked myself 7 bloody times shaving this morning. Made a huge blood donation to the drain!

Bloody hell. Nicked myself 7 bloody times shaving this morning. Made a huge blood donation to the drain!

you'll give more back tonight when you fast?

you'll give more back tonight when you fast?

I am going to try to, but I am going to Cullinan for a MTB ride...

If I could shave I would - but being close family with wolverine, I wouldnt know where to stop.

Same here :thumbup: It just wouldn't work :blush:

Only softies shave their legs, real men wax them, they can handle the pain...

Real men wax!? :huh: In just how many ways is that just WRONG?!

Real men leave shaving to girls. And jumpingjackpumkinbotherers.

All this *** about hairy legs and massages. Maybe you guys should pay extra and ask your masseuse to use oil? I've had plenty massages with hairy legs and never was the pain due to hair.

Edited by davetapson

Guest agteros

Real men wax!? :huh: In just how many ways is that just WRONG?!

Real men leave shaving to girls. And jumpingjackpumkinbotherers.

All this *** about hairy legs and massages. Maybe you guys should pay extra and ask your masseuse to use oil? I've had plenty massages with hairy legs and never was the pain due to hair.

I'm man enough to admit that I shave my legs, and I don't even consider myself a competitive/recreational cyclist/fun rider.

I'm man enough not to be bothered by 'general consensus', 'public opinion', 'status quo', and other BS phrases to make people confirm.

I'm man enough to tell those who have a problem with that to get over themselves.

Are YOU man enough to let others be, or do you have to make everybody around you confirm to YOUR opinion to feel like a man?

geez people are touchy!

obviously everyone who was offended by my post are women (or gay), in which case i will kindly donate a box of tampons for the first 10 replies to this post, because it is clearly "that time of the month"

People with a sense of decency were offended by your post.

Why don't you do like your user-name, and auger in somewhere away from us?

I haven't shaved in years but yesterday i rode in my long bibs and saw far to many silver/grey hairs sticking through the black tights.This morning i put the hair clippers through the bush and i feel much better now.

MTB shaved :)

Road shaved :)