Do You Shave Your Legs?????

Iain Olivier

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Shave Your Legs?????

• MTB Shaved
    • MTB Unshaved
    • Road Shaved
    • Road Unshaved

Real men wax!? :huh: In just how many ways is that just WRONG?!

Real men leave shaving to girls. And jumpingjackpumkinbotherers.

All this *** about hairy legs and massages. Maybe you guys should pay extra and ask your masseuse to use oil? I've had plenty massages with hairy legs and never was the pain due to hair.

And we merely bow at your feet http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/4s/sg/gc/worship.gif

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this on news24

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Specific_Sports/16-2175-2186-2277,67146.asp

I quote "Swimmers actually shave to remove the layer of dead skin cells on the surface of the epidermis. After the removal of the dead skin cells, the skin becomes more sensitive and the swimmer then has a heightened “water sense”. Some professional swimmers are known to shave their hands and feet."

So next time someone asks why you shave your legs you will actually have a half decent response :clap:

lost a bet ( mkay 8km sprint ) had to shave ALL hair off....... its freekin cold man, wife seems to digg it, seems a bit sadistic. Did it in school for athletics(legs), but must say on the MTB side it helps with the dings, bashes and scratches you pick up. Nothing like a nice roastie under your overgrowth.

Oh, if any hot nurse would like to volunteer to assist me, I am struggling to shave (legs and face) properly with my malfunctioning right hand...

Oh, if any hot nurse would like to volunteer to assist me, I am struggling to shave (legs and face) properly with my malfunctioning right hand...

"hot nurse"....well....if this was chili sauce.....

post-25-0-36359400-1344426893.jpg

Road and MTB and I wax. Makes more sense for MTB if you ask me. Never understood why it was always a roadie thing. Only started waxing about 4 years back when I started road riding.

I crash a lot. Mostly crash on the MTB but Iam pretty much an equal opportunity off artist and have brocken stuff on the road. Waxing helps with all that but it is not the only reason. Mainly it indicates a sense of commitment that is aimed at myself. Don't care what anyone thinks. Never had any comments. Wouldn't give a dam if I did.

That is a good enough reason for me. Starting today

Just remember, for the full effect, shaving just the legs isn't enough...

A resurrected post?? Does kamikazi still visit here??

The primary reason cyclists who spend a lot of time on their bikes remove the hair from their legs is because the wound is far cleaner when you fall, meaning a shorter effort at recovery, less scabbing in areas where the skin folds making the time to being back on the bike far shorter. Yes, we far prefer to shave and never fall, so your idea of how often falling happens in general is valid, however each of us who chose to be hairless on the main movement limbs associated with cycling, prefer to take this as a precaution rather than tempt fate when we have given up staying out late at parties and having a social life in order to get up super early and commit to training towards an event of sorts for months on end.

Dave Tapson, you have obviously not shaved your legs and had a massage so you have no idea how different it feels for both you and the massuese. This is almost as valid as the preventative falling reason it makes that much of a difference.

As mentioned already I know when I am putting my mind towards training from a motivation perspective. Shortly thereafter the hair gets taken off. My choice for removing hair is veet. Both for Mountain and the road.