Amashova flop

Ringking

I beg yours pardon. The cops have to be 'paid' for?!?

What the hell do I pay tax for?

It should be part of their sworn friggin 'duty to serve and protest'. Bloody Metros. Damn daylight rip-off artists. :thumbdown:

Its the same with football and rugby matches, the Metro Police get paid extra, not sure how that filters down to the guys actually on duty, mabe a KFC burger & chips for there troubles.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No goodie bag ohmy.gif

Seriously I don't know what you goodie bag fans are missing specifically, but I don't particularly enjoy the Argus experience - you cannot leave the 'expo' without trudging for 10km through the good hope centre cash-extracting funnel which is carefully designed to fleece as much loot as possible from the entrants.

Goodie bags remind me of those lucky packets you used to get at Santa's Grotto with the disgusting pink musk sweets in them. Maybe Bellairs can dress up like Father Christmas and raise a bit more cash charging the die-hards 50 bucks extra to sit on his knee whilst he hands them their bag of tat.

Is a lover of goody bags a tit for tat? :huh:

Stop winging and train harder, simple as that.

What has the level of training got to do with any of the issues raised in this thread?

Its the same with football and rugby matches, the Metro Police get paid extra, not sure how that filters down to the guys actually on duty, mabe a KFC burger & chips for there troubles.

the only money the guys from metro get is overtime, the guys manning the events aren't usually the guys on duty to work that day, the city still has to be patrolled. In the past we also used to get an events allowance, though that came in months after having worked an event and generally didn't amount to much after taxes. The money collected goes to the city if I understand it right, which obviously also goes to metro.

What has the level of training got to do with any of the issues raised in this thread?

Read the content and you will understand, how much food and refreshments do you need for a 105km race, one banana, an energy bar and maybe two bottles of water. Six or seven hours and you should be doing the 40km fun ride. Its about the race full safe road closure on a great route not goodie bags and expo's. The first Amashova was 25years ago, no expo no goodie bag and no winging, get real.

Everything. Didn't you know, the Elite's do get goodie bags.

I think you must come and play with your SS on our ride next year and enjoy French Toast and Coffee at the first WS on day 2

Ahhh fresh french toast and myprodols.... best water tables ever!

Event buff instead of medals!

Ahhh fresh french toast and myprodols.... best water tables ever!

Event buff instead of medals!

:lol: :lol:

I wish I got a pic of that

Morning Mr Bee... Will we be getting a goodie bag for the Charity Ride? So we can give it to charity?

mmmm tricky - what goes into the goodie bag for a bunch of cyclists who are wingers, but doing good ?

Read the content and you will understand, how much food and refreshments do you need for a 105km race, one banana, an energy bar and maybe two bottles of water. Six or seven hours and you should be doing the 40km fun ride. Its about the race full safe road closure on a great route not goodie bags and expo's. The first Amashova was 25years ago, no expo no goodie bag and no winging, get real.

Damn and here I thought it was about the fun people get from riding these events and the sense of achievement that they get from finishing something that is significantly removed from their normal experience. Nevermind organisers not delivering on what they'd promised.

Edited by Edman

Damn and here I thought it was about the fun people get from riding these events and the sense of achievement that they get from finishing something that is significantly removed from their normal experience. Nevermind organisers not delivering on what they'd promised.

+1 :thumbup:

And there it is. Elitism raises its streamlined, carbon head. I am sorry I am not elite enough to ride your events, support your sport. Hell maybe I don't even qualify to post on your hub board because I happen to not not ride in groups, weigh less than 80kgs, insist on having hairless legs and tight spandex as a wardrobe and can't do the 100km's sub 3.

Some of us ride to get healthy and we have goals like anyone else. Finishing the shova for me may well be as big an achievement as you riding the TDF. So why don't I get to ride it, even if I take 6 hours and why doesn't my input count because I'm not a racing snake?

If you got what you wanted from the shova then great state that and move on, let everyone else enjoy their right to an opinion as well.

Edited by cyberaver

And there it is. Elitism raises its streamlined, carbon head. I am sorry I am not elite enough to ride your events, support your sport. Hell maybe I don't even qualify to post on your hub board because I happen to not not ride in groups, weigh less than 80kgs, insist on having hairless legs and tight spandex as a wardrobe and can't do the 100km's sub 3.

Some of us ride to get healthy and we have goals like anyone else. Finishing the shova for me may well be as big an achievement as you riding the TDF. So why don't I get to ride it, even if I take 6 hours and why doesn't my input count because I'm not a racing snake?

If you got what you wanted from the shova then great state that and move on, let everyone else enjoy their right to an opinion as well.

well then maybe you should not comment about an event you where not even at, leave it to those who were there

Gotta chip in here!

This was my 7th Shova in a row!

I was disappointed, but then I have to realise the implications of the Title Sponsor pulling out. The whole thing about the races for the "Weekend Warriors" is the vibe, and that was sadly lacking due to cutbacks at every possible point!

When I got to the first waterpoint, my initial thought was "This okes pulling a pirate marketing stunt!"

I mean it was a bloke with his bakkie and a steel table or two, not what I've come to expect from a race as great as the "Shova"!

well then maybe you should not comment about an event you where not even at, leave it to those who were there

Oh but I was, I am one of the great unwashed that did a 6:34. But I was there and it was my first full race and last year when I started riding I couldn't ride around my block. So I think my 6:34 was a great time. Of course I shouldn't have even wasted the race organizers time and stayed home according to you.

I am glad that you were happy with the event and I will always remember the event for what it was, my first 100km+ race and I got my medal.

I do believe though that feedback will allow the organizer and perhaps other organizers improve the event and other events for the future.

I would be happy to a couple of years from now come into the finish to see a tent being set up for the people at the back of the field rather than taken down as they arrive. To see the bananas handed out to those in need who need more than a banana and energy bar and two bottles of water to finish the race.

I'd rather ride with the people like those who ride the 94.7 twice just to help people like me on the second round make it through, rather than sit on the side of the road and snicker bout them fati slow people blocking up your racing lines.

Maybe its time to pull your horns in before you are made to look more foolish than you have already