Amashova flop

Ringking

Six or seven hours and you should be doing the 40km fun ride. Its about the race full safe road closure on a great route not goodie bags and expo's.

We all wish we could be "Racing Snakes"!

If the races were run the way you portray, you'd have 10% of the entries, being those that ride a sub-3hr! That's not what they're about! The big ones are for everyone who has an interest in cycling or wants to get a bit fitter, achieve a goal,or whatever it may be that drives them to complete a 100+k race.

The sponsors are also there to gain marketing exposure from the masses, not just the Elite.

Come on buddy! There's more to this than just the top riders.

Edited by AlsDad

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm tricky - what goes into the goodie bag for a bunch of cyclists who are wingers, but doing good ?

Wingers, Ringers, or Whingers?? :)

PS: I have a bet on with myself with 50/50 odds that one of these days I'm going to come on here and hear that Slo-B has gone postal. The neighbours always say "But for years he's been so peaceful and sane." :)

6th 'Shova for me and the no.s of timed finishers were up from the lows of 3,400 a couple of years ago to 4,000 this. With it being a rainy race from the start i'd say that it was a pretty good result.

Road closure and great marshalling and a cool finishing run to the stadium make this very worthwhile. The water stops had coke, bananas and this 100 drink, so it was fine.

At the end they gave me a can of deodorant - i dont think it was just me....err was it?

The water stops had coke, bananas and this 100 drink, so it was fine.

Dammit, man. You ate all our bananas!

Dammit, man. You ate all our bananas!

I doubt it bwana - i was trundling around social-like in E Group .am guessin u were long gone by then and they hadnt unpacked by the time you got there :)

I doubt it bwana - i was trundling around social-like in E Group .am guessin u were long gone by then and they hadnt unpacked by the time you got there :)

I took a long social ride from L with my girlfriend. Took lots of pics and stopped at all the water points. Established that the orange drink in the cans was rather vile, but the plain one was pretty inoffensive. No bananas, though sad.gif

6th 'Shova for me and the no.s of timed finishers were up from the lows of 3,400 a couple of years ago to 4,000 this. With it being a rainy race from the start i'd say that it was a pretty good result.

Road closure and great marshalling and a cool finishing run to the stadium make this very worthwhile. The water stops had coke, bananas and this 100 drink, so it was fine.

At the end they gave me a can of deodorant - i dont think it was just me....err was it?

Nope, I got a can of deodorant, a small square of nougart and a can of the rather vile '100'... quite frankly they could have kept all that and given me a cold beer ;)

can of the rather vile '100'...

<hijack>does anyone actually like this stuff - the only time i ever see it or drink it is when it is being handed out for free at water tables and at the end of the race</hijack>

It was my first Amashova and most probably my last.I was very dissapointed not to recieve a goodie bag.Also dissapointed about the expo.Stayed in Durban and that is a very K** place.Hope to never have to go there again!!The race itself I enjoyed very much to my surprise.Enough said.

The amashova do not have a expo?

Come do OFM classic, You get an expo, not very big but an expo none the less, there is a goody bag as well.

But the main thing is well organised safe event .

You get a few hills , wind and a fast ride if you can hang on or of cause lead the group.

Try the Free state next time. MTN still sponsoring the event as well.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was my first Amashova and most probably my last.I was very dissapointed not to recieve a goodie bag.Also dissapointed about the expo.Stayed in Durban and that is a very K** place.Hope to never have to go there again!!The race itself I enjoyed very much to my surprise.Enough said.

Easy bru. Durban is a kiff place. Where did you go or stay that was ***?

Was my ninth Amashova. Last 4 years had my number couriered to me in Bloemfontein with no problem. Normally do Amashova in about 4 hours so no race snake. Goody bags and expo never bothered me. Rather have no expo or goody bag than have one that 90% of people complain about it being too small or goody bag worthless. I do it because of road closure and good marshals. Even with the rain this year I still enjoyed it. Will be back to do tenth next year.

Easy bru. Durban is a kiff place. Where did you go or stay that was ***?

+1 don't be dissing our towns bru :D

Where is Polokwane anyway?