CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

For sure. I am not implying that the money is going to personal pockets, but as Mnr. Lemmer says "...where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management."

My Q? is. What are these funds SUPPOSED to be used for?

not losing it on a court case

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Response from CSA

Resignation of Road Director - Cycling SA Statement

Dear Colleagues

Please be informed that Hendrik Lemmer has resigned as Road Director from the Board of Cycling SA with immediate effect. We would like to thank him for his efforts in steering the discipline with some good achievements. We wish him well in his future endeavours.

Cycling South Africa prides itself on good corporate governance with principles of sound financial management and discipline in running the sport in the best interest of the riders. Cycling South Africa continues to work hard at providing a world class service to our riders, with rider safety being of paramount importance at all times.

Thanks

William Newman

Vice President

Cycling South Africa

SO WHY THE HELL DO WE PAY THEM MONEY THEN? Is it a HERD Thing?

If every (or even 80%) of cyclists said "screw you" (unless we know EXACTLY where these amounts go) where would they stand? People need to stand up more dammit. Taking it on the chin is ok. But getting kicked in the nuts to boot is NOT ON.

Let me let you in on a little "mission" I had with P*** & P** I had a few years back.

With the death of the 1c piece (closely followed by the 2c piece) and the R29.99c or R29.95c issue, I suddenly found that after ringing up at (same store) I was frequently not being handed my 5c change. "Eish' sorri. Nuthing 5c." (try hold up a queue whilst fighting for 5c <_< !)

Not that I am Jewish (no offence Chubba), but I have principles, and I was buggered if Ronald* was going to receive 5c x 5000+pax per day, just because HE believed the 5c piece was now dead.

And so followed about 14 months worth of emails, phonecalls and ranting (I was not alone), in order to ensure that (A) 5c pieces were ALWAYS available at (same store), or else the product is rounded down to the nearest rand. (B.) (-as a compromise based on some silly argument) That a drop slot be provided at each till in order for the customer to decide what to do with the 5c change. This then goes to charity.

I no longer shop at P*** & P**, but that is another story.

As Dangle said. 5c might not mean a lot to an individual. But compounded by the day, hour, week and month, it very shortly allows the recipient of the grand total a holiday in the Grand Caymans.

*some names have been changed to protect the stupid, and the innocent.

Below the links to CSA website where the income statement and balance sheet at 31 August 2011 can be found - this shows how much they receive, what they spend it on and what the own & owe

http://www.cyclingsa.com/App_Resources/Uploads/FILE00000628.PDF

http://www.cyclingsa.com/App_Resources/Uploads/FILE00000627.PDF

It would be interesting to know whether the problems relate to funds received but badly spent/wasted OR whether funds via for example LOTTO that perhaps went missing before "reaching" CSA ..............

When somebody leaves, the measure to how much he will be missed is the size of the hole his hand leaves in a bucket of water. Hennerik will go on, he has always been destinied for greater things, he might even again be allowed to post on the Hub.

CSA will continue to stagnate even deeper into the cesspool and cyclists are used by now too fight for themselves. Where is Lonestar when we need him to sort SACF out!

If you read the report on the SA champs in PE on the CSA web site HL was at the top of the blame game along with others it takes time to read both reports but it is good for a laugh. ( he also gets paid a retainer from CSA!!!)

remember that the CEO that caused all of the problems 5 mil lost on the TOA, 700K BMX world champs and 1 mil on the MTB world champs plus court cases and lost sponsership left and joined the TOA team plus all of the other MANFIN members that have had hands in the problems along with conflict of interest by some members (DB)

As members it is up to you to make sure that these people are not voted in at the next congress in Febuary, force your clubs to make the changes not at provincial level because these people are trying to make changes at the bottom and do it for nothing.

And for the cape town riders remember that it is PPA that is screwing up riding in the rest of the country because they do not want to be a part of moving cycling forward

Naplam. Gail my have taken the money but is paying it back so no more with the swimming pool comments.

Ask other provincil bodies how much they have lost along with CSA present and past members!!!

Rant off

If you read the report on the SA champs in PE on the CSA web site HL was at the top of the blame game along with others it takes time to read both reports but it is good for a laugh. ( he also gets paid a retainer from CSA!!!)

remember that the CEO that caused all of the problems 5 mil lost on the TOA, 700K BMX world champs and 1 mil on the MTB world champs plus court cases and lost sponsership left and joined the TOA team plus all of the other MANFIN members that have had hands in the problems along with conflict of interest by some members (DB)

As members it is up to you to make sure that these people are not voted in at the next congress in Febuary, force your clubs to make the changes not at provincial level because these people are trying to make changes at the bottom and do it for nothing.

And for the cape town riders remember that it is PPA that is screwing up riding in the rest of the country because they do not want to be a part of moving cycling forward

Naplam. Gail my have taken the money but is paying it back so no more with the swimming pool comments.

Ask other provincil bodies how much they have lost along with CSA present and past members!!!

Rant off

Yeah that is just some bizzare stuff right there :blink:

Snip Snip

Cyclists do not care about this, they do not have the balls or do not understand how the process works. They are normally the first to complain about the cost of races, liscences, mal-administration and bad management.

Could it perhaps be that the PPA saw it coming and did not want to be sucked into this mess? They've been around for a while and despite lots of complaints from racers, seem to be doing a fair job for the average rider. I dare say the rest of the country may be better off if they learn from the PPA?

Or am I stirring the hornets' nest too much?

Could it perhaps be that the PPA saw it coming and did not want to be sucked into this mess? They've been around for a while and despite lots of complaints from racers, seem to be doing a fair job for the average rider. I dare say the rest of the country may be better off if they learn from the PPA?

Or am I stirring the hornets' nest too much?

I think you're close to the mark. PPA aren't perfect but when you see how the other guys operate it makes them look like rock stars.

I think you're close to the mark. PPA aren't perfect but when you see how the other guys operate it makes them look like rock stars.

but we still b1tch and moan! LOL! ;)

Cyclists do not care about this, they do not have the balls or do not understand how the process works. They are normally the first to complain about the cost of races, liscences, mal-administration and bad management.

What you mean?

They do not have the balls to care?

or

They do not have the balls to complain?

You can't understand how a process works if the process is not transparent, the websites don't work and neither do phonecalls.

Of course cyclists are the first to complain. It is CSA - CYCLING South Africa...who else is going to complain. The national jukskei team ?

Dear

I really cannot be part of an organization where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management. I don’t agree with this and hereby resign from all positions in cycling with immediate effect. Thanks everyone for the 3 years in which we improved on a number of things, but unfortunately also bankrupted the organization with the ...result that our riders are not getting what they deserve. I was asked to resign a while ago due to the fact that I dare to criticize the organization in the social media. I can no longer be silent and see this sport being ruined by a few people at the top.

It is also clear that CyclingSA does not have the political will to improve safety aspects of road racing in this country. It is only a matter of time before riders will get killed in races under our jurisdiction and I cannot be part of that.

It is not fair to my family that I spend hours a day as a volunteer where the only reward is constant criticism and negativity.

Kind regards

Hendrik Lemmer

I really cannot be part of an organization where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management

Fully agree with you!!!!

If you ask questions you become known as being controversial. The sad part is people murmur and once in the formal forum they turn their backs and dont want to be seen or heard. YOU HAVE BALLS!!! Think you smell the NESCAFE' and noses around lost their sense of smell.

The "Tour Da SA" was a disaster in any case.

Rant off

I would like to understand your post better as I think it contains interesting information. But as a layman what do all the abbreviations refer to, (TOA, MANFIN,) and who is the CEO.

As for voting, I dont think the average rider even knows he can vote, certainly I have never been told about it, and even if he knows he can vote, how would he know who is standing.?

When someone is expected to vote for a person I would expect a prospectus be sent out to all elegible voters tabling those standing for election, I would expect to be able to find basic information like their names, their back round, their qualifications and a brief description of what they hope to do for the basic Joe Public cyclist,- or at least that's how its done in most organisations I have been involved with.

Certainly I have never seen anything like this, and I would be interested to see who has, perhaps someone here better than me can set up a poll to ask, "Who has actually ever been sent a prospectus of candidates?."

Its all very well to say, "Go vote" but where, for who, when, how, as a layman I am unaware of the mechanisms and I am pretty sure their are many others in the same boat.