Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Well that makes it two weeks being a non smoker, everything is comin together now, sleeping better, training is way easier and climbing hills is a breeze(almost.) My riding has drastically improved for definate and I've got extra cash in the pocket - Life is good :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, soon you stop thinking of how long its been...the extra cash is a great boost, money for your toys now!

My girlfriend and I are spending the R2000.00 a month we save on brand new mountain bikes, quite nice ones too. We are just getting into the sport although I was quite a serious road cyclist from 2001 - 2004.

Would have bought them today but my shop of choice (Cycle Fusion) is out of mediums in all the Silverback models we are interested in.

Week 3 - Done! And feeling super strong.... the 21 day Milestone reached.... now life begins smelling wonderful !!!

Week 3 - Done! And feeling super strong.... the 21 day Milestone reached.... now life begins smelling wonderful !!!

Well done

28 days for me today and 25 for my girlfriend

Makes you wonder what took you so long to stop.

Awesome thread.

It was that I enjoyed it, weather it was bad for me or a waste of money, over shadowed all of these things. I was fit,yet still smoked. Ive never just sat on my arse being a fat lazy bastard, I've always been involved in various types of physical activity be it running,cycling, football, surfing & bodyboarding and been pretty good at all them ,if its no too arrogant to say :lol: .

Then I got to the point where I no longer enjoyed it basically. That and I felt I was being selfish around my wife(who doesnt smoke) Priorities in ones life also change. I wanna start havin a family soon as well.

Ive always maintained that I would eventually stop at some stage and that time is now. There are far worse things in life then havin a smoke(alcohol being a million times worse, Im sure you would have to agree with that), yet its more "socially" acceptable, bearing in mind Ive also never been more then a ten a day smoker.

So tomorrow will be three weeks, my second 21st(woo hoo)I will be celebrating by havin my hardtail revamped(got my parts today)

Thanks for the support, much & enternally gratefull ;)

Hope that sheds a bit of light for you too :)

Well done Chris, Crack, Wizzard and others. KEEP IT UP!

Today is day 424 for my wife and I.

I replaced the smoking with cycling and healthier living and to date have dropped in weight from 104kg to 87kg and still losing.

IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was that I enjoyed it

Crack you know I support you and well done to all the others.

I think people enjoy it because it's too difficult to admit that they actually feel guilty of being a smoker.

I don't even know how people start the habit, peer pressure perhaps, I can imagine being around someone like the Knersis avatar dude and feeling pressured.

Thank goodness I never felt pressured and those who have fallen in to the trap and decided to get back out, well done, it takes courage, discipline and self control to kick any dirty habit.

I think people enjoy it because it's too difficult to admit that they actually feel guilty of being a smoker.

I don't even know how people start the habit, peer pressure perhaps, I can imagine being around someone like the Knersis avatar dude and feeling pressured.

Thank goodness I never felt pressured and those who have fallen in to the trap and decided to get back out, well done, it takes courage, discipline and self control to kick any dirty habit.

Dangle I take offence to your statement, I have never encouraged nor presurized anyone to pick up the habit. I smoke because it is a choice I made, good or bad doesnt make a difference it is my choice.

Why the ciggie in the avatar you ask, simply becuase i know it irks my good friend heartcoppi, yeah we started out with bad blood but i'd say we are cool now :) even with my disgusting habit.

And not going to get into the debate, but most of my friends dont smoke, I even put extractor fans all over my house so my smoking does not bother them when they come over. We are not all ........, (insert multiple superbatives of your choice here)

Anyway back to the point You can make personal statements about me after you have spent the time to get to know me.

End of ranting....

Well done Chris, Crack, Wizzard and others. KEEP IT UP!

Today is day 424 for my wife and I.

I replaced the smoking with cycling and healthier living and to date have dropped in weight from 104kg to 87kg and still losing.

IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats awesome well done to yourself and the missus :D :) - What got you too finally stop or want to stop? Does the wife cycle now too

I dont agree with this statment at all( maybe it does apply to some people, not myself in particular though)- I smoked cause I really really did enjoy it :D I dont think anyone ever pressured me or I know of anyone of my mates that still smoke were ever pressured either. Its just something you either enjoy or you dont(like marmite, you either love it or you hate it). Its like lots of things in life(dont get me started on alcohol).

I can't stand someone berating or trying to force their views down someones throat cause they smoke, or drink(whatever) . No problems with expressing ones own view or opinion, in fact I would encourage it to everyone cause they smoke, its their choice. End of ;)

Anyway enough about that :)

I so agree with Crack, so eggs what your telling the rest of us if we reverse your statement, all non smokers have class?