Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Another day done and dusted :D , this is definatly getting easier. Not craving the early morning ciggie with the coffee( or any ciggie with coffee now,) my breathing is definatly improving as well, I'm trying my hardest not to eat crap as a substitute(dont want to put on any weight, god I sound like a woman now too,lol.) Another thing I noticed yesterday was the smell of a smoker :( when I walked behind them, that is putting me off smoking big time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seams like I've got through the worst of it, no cravings for a ciggie whatsoever. :D Long may it continue

Hey Crack; I dig reading your updates and look forward to hearing that you are going strong. Brilliant. Thanks

Well seams like I've got through the worst of it, no cravings for a ciggie whatsoever. :D Long may it continue

http://www.sportsforumpicks.com/forum/images/smilies/Smiley%204.gif

Well done mate.

http://www.sportsforumpicks.com/forum/images/smilies/Smiley%204.gif

Well done mate.

Thanks Mr Potato Head. :lol: I cant wait to ride this weekend. Gym workouts are definatly feeling easier as well. My reward will be my new Rudy Project Impacy Rx sunnies B)

Thanks Mr Potato Head. :lol: I cant wait to ride this weekend. Gym workouts are definatly feeling easier as well. My reward will be my new Rudy Project Impacy Rx sunnies B)

Excellent motivation, whenever I work overtime or I work so hard that I go completely dilly, or I have trained exceptionally hard, I reward myself with something small, it makes it feel worth it.

Thats 1 week that Ive no longer been a smoker :D :P :) Best thing I could have done. I think from my own personal experience is that you need to be ready to quit, dont let anyone force you to make the change, it has to come from within for it too work ;)

Crack O Brother, well done, I love your updates. :D :D :D :D

And this is what your bike thinks .

http://www.trilifeadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/smiley-face-001.jpg

Did my first race today since I stopped smoking..... Amazing difference! Didnt feel like my chest wanted to jump out! I also noticed my efficiency rate on the trainer has jumped from 22 to 28 (Average speed / average HR)*100. I you ever need another reason to stop is noticing that my Heart rate has dropped 22 BPM in a controlled spin training session.

If there are any ex smokers or anybody wanting to take back there lives and need to chat or want advice ( I have tried stopping about 50 times and tried everything from willpower to Zyaban to Allan Carr) I have finally found something that worked for me . Feel free to drop me a note - If I can share my learnings and it helps - then that is great

Did my first race today since I stopped smoking..... Amazing difference! Didnt feel like my chest wanted to jump out! I also noticed my efficiency rate on the trainer has jumped from 22 to 28 (Average speed / average HR)*100. I you ever need another reason to stop is noticing that my Heart rate has dropped 22 BPM in a controlled spin training session.

If there are any ex smokers or anybody wanting to take back there lives and need to chat or want advice ( I have tried stopping about 50 times and tried everything from willpower to Zyaban to Allan Carr) I have finally found something that worked for me . Feel free to drop me a note - If I can share my learnings and it helps - then that is great

Nice one, well Done. Its been 10 days of Non - smoking for me :D Had two great rides this weekend. What was your secret, I just got to the point when it was time, I tried the other methods as well. Just had to bite the bullit and its all good now. :)

Nice one, well Done. Its been 10 days of Non - smoking for me :D Had two great rides this weekend. What was your secret, I just got to the point when it was time, I tried the other methods as well. Just had to bite the bullit and its all good now. :)

Well done! Keep it up!

I went for accupuncture at a clinic in Randburg. Haven't had any cravings or pangs. I could stop with Allan Carr, but after 5 days or so I was back smoking.

Have you noticed any gains in cycling/running/gym?