Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good . Smelling all the crap in the air now , eating like a pig , started to drink a lot more , only improve my Babaas 70km time by 4 minutes .

3 weeks clean...all fine. off the pills as well.

Interesting article on chantix http://whyquit.com/pr/082506.html Without counselling it doenst give great odd in the longer term. How is it going with the quitters on here?

I trust my doc, so does millions of others who quit on the stuff...

Edited by Karma

Im on day three of the pills, have

Not noticed anything different yet. Mabey tomorrow when I start taking twice a day? Well done to you guys who quit!

still going strong. Cravings only come every 2-3days and don't even last a minute. Still can't see were that cigi money is :huh:

Went for blood tests this morning so I will now be saving in terms of life insurance installments as well as the R20 a day this habit used to cost me....

Went for blood tests this morning so I will now be saving in terms of life insurance installments as well as the R20 a day this habit used to cost me....

what did you smoke @ R20 a day?

How long did you have to wait to get your insurance to acknowledge you as a non-smoker?

Yes, you have to sign a declaration that you have not smoked for a year. Makes a huge difference on life insurance. I'm saving R2000 p/m on not buying smokes and insurance alone.

With Discovery it takes a year before you qualify as a non-smoker.

Nope - 2.5 months...you can do the declaration on line.

Nope - 2.5 months...you can do the declaration on line.

That's for the 5000 vitality points. You only get the cheaper life cover after a year though.

That's for the 5000 vitality points. You only get the cheaper life cover after a year though.

ahhh I see, thanks!

what did you smoke @ R20 a day?

How long did you have to wait to get your insurance to acknowledge you as a non-smoker?

There is a loophole......you can go for the test after 3 days as you will test clean. You will also begin paying the lower premiums from the next month. With Liberty, Old Mutual and Sanlam you do not have to inform the insurer if you start smoking again. With Discovery and Momentum you have to inform them and switch to the higher premiums again. Should you not inform them of your smoking status the will only pay out the amount of cover you would have received if you were a smoker for similar premium.

The official times between the companies vary from 6 months to 1 year, the cotinine test is however the only thing they can go on.

Did you guys that took Champix also become very irritable? Um stil smoking with the pills but I have no patience. Also Im freaking thirsty most of the morning, today I start taking both tablets so

Ill see how the hidration issues are after the 2nd tablet.

Edited by Pieter1