Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Day 20 not smocking doing well hows every one else doing?

Nice dude!! Im craving like a mofo!! But Im nervous for my first fishing trip without my pipe.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Shawn!!!!! Tomorrow is 3 weeks and the average duration to breaking or starting a habit. Keep it up you winner!

C'mon Pieter, there can be only 1, fish or no fish, you can finish this thing you've started dude!

Anyone know how Strada is doing??

Great going guys. Keep on quiting :thumbup:

After 2months of quiting I feel great and dont crave anymore

Thanks for the advice but I am more of a point and laugh for starting in the first place kind of guy.

And I'm not sure the first question I asked was totally unreasonable anyway. Smokers seem unable to sit through a 2 hour rugby match without puffing away at the back of the stands so I'm wondering how they manage a ride.

EDIT : Ah, just realised who posted that response. Figures really. Next you'll be threatening to visit me in Durban again.

Do you think all people that smoke are incapable of doing sporting activities. How many professional rugby & football players smoke, the answer will be more then you think ;)

I stopped for a fag on long stag races . Wasn't really a problem , my partner knew it and therefor we would spend an extra 5 minutes at a water point so I can get some fresh air !! Like Caerus said , there a lots of smokers in the sports world but for obviuos reasons they don't run around with they puff in the mouth .

• 2 weeks later...

Good work!! In ten days it would be two months for me.

Edited by Pieter1

When it gets tough; just think of the quality of life that you deserve. The quality of the one life which lies ahead for you and all those around you.

When it gets tough; just think of the quality of life that you deserve. The quality of the one life which lies ahead for you and all those around you.

What got me through a crave, was thinking that if i had to smoke another one, I'd had to quit from scratch.....never again.

+- 2 weeks now going cold turkey.

Not craving at all and I hardly think about it. Easiest thing Ive done. First day was tricky but starting at a new job helped a lot.

Keep strong all!!!

Do you think all people that smoke are incapable of doing sporting activities. How many professional rugby & football players smoke, the answer will be more then you think ;)

But for how long can they keep it up? When I was in my 20's we would play a round of squash, down a G&T, have a smoke and carry on.

Doubt I could do that now I am almost in my 40's!