Favorite Saddle

Nickzta

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizik Aliante Gamma XM works for me - How Do I know - 97Kg and no saddle sores at the epic :)

The Fizik Gobi is the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever used - Just shows you .. different strokes ..

• 1 month later...

I liked my Arione, but I like my Spez S-Works Toupe even more.

115 grams and very comfy, available in two widths for narrow and wide butts

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/contentimages/Neil/Specialized/1IMG_3528.jpg

Gobi...end of story

Heck no! The two "default" saddles (MTB: Gobi; Road Arione) simply does not work for me.

Edited by The Crow

No joy on a Gobi.

Best saddle I've used is On One's Bignose...cheap and cheerful and no ass damage after a 15 hour Trans Baviaans...wonderful.

Got a Brooks B17 on my SS which is in a different world of comfort altogether but feel too sorry for it to use it in the wet months so it doesnt really count...

Heck no! The two "default" saddles (MTB: Gobi; Road Arione) simply does not work for me.

I have to agree with Crow. I'm surprised just how uncomfortable that Gobi XM is. It just crunched up my manjunk pretty badly. Since, I've moved over to the Selle Italia SLR. The flatter profile with cutout helps alot when moving up and down the saddle depending on the riding conditions.

The Gobi has a slight concavity just past halway toward the front of the saddle. It's that hump that crunched my nether regions. Very eina after a few hours on the saddle. Great build on the Gobi, bt not for me :(

Since, I've moved over to the Selle Italia SLR.

Same here. Trying the latest Superflow at the moment.

http://img.over-blog.com/630x470-000000/1/19/62/02//EUROBIKE-2011/EUROBIKE-Equipements--Pieces-et-Accessoires/SELLE-ITALIA-SLR-Super-Flow.JPG

Same here. Trying the latest Superflow at the moment.

http://img.over-blog.com/630x470-000000/1/19/62/02//EUROBIKE-2011/EUROBIKE-Equipements--Pieces-et-Accessoires/SELLE-ITALIA-SLR-Super-Flow.JPG

Dont you find this sort of saddle 'pinches' you ?

....I am a self confessed saddle whore.

:rolleyes: :D

Me too - is there therapy available??

I always gravitate back to a Fizik Aliante, especially on the Road bike and currently riding with the Spez Phenom on the MTB, but been through my share of Fizik's and others.

In the process of trying to find the best TT saddle - any suggestions? The most comfy that I have got on the TT bike is with a Profile Design $50 special, but even this is not comfy over 80km!

Never enjoyed my Gobi, but loving my Phenom 143, great for my ringpiece, a very personnel choice a saddle.