Ban FAKE selling

Puxi

Now theres one further, far more worrying problem, you hubbers ever notice how you get CWC emails, ever wonder how they got your email address?

Um, cause I gave it to them when I registered for their newsletter?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me quickly explain something.

CWC import bits via non-standard channels, those channels are knowingly breaching contracts with their suppliers. The law is pretty simple: breach of contract is illegal. CWC is fully aware that some if their channels are in breach and are buying and selling stuff on. An example is the Shimano OEM parts they sell. Shimano is VERY clear about OEM parts, they are not for resale. It often says so IN BIG BOLD LETTERS on the packaging CWC throw away.

Heres another example: http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/giant-anthem-x-2-29er

CWC are fully aware that Giant worldwide does not allow their bikes to be sold online, nor do the local distributor, yet they continue to sell them online.

Those, my fellow hubbers, are two examples of CWC knowingly breaking the law.

Admin, now would be a good time to ban CWC from this forum. They are advertising and selling illegal stuff on this forum.

Now theres one further, far more worrying problem, you hubbers ever notice how you get CWC emails, ever wonder how they got your email address?

Yoh schmoozy! You seem so angry, somebody took the white bread from your table? Please refer to the actual law as in number, year and then paragraph that is broken by CWC.

I've not received any CWC mails, so I wonder how they did NOT get my e-mail address? Should I feel excluded? How am I going to sleep tonight!

"breach of contract"... yadah yadah yadah... ever heard of anti-competive? Nothing other than death and taxes are cast in concrete, so just relax will ya? Getting uptight ain't not good for yer health ok!

Why don't you start a petition to force admin to ban CWC from the interwebs? While you are at it sommer appoint yerself as the internet polizei and shut the whole place up/down will yah?

Admin/Mods/Managers let us rather start to ban FAKE users with FAKE egos and FAKE intentions?

Yoh schmoozy! You seem so angry, somebody took the white bread from your table? Please refer to the actual law as in number, year and then paragraph that is broken by CWC.

I've not received any CWC mails, so I wonder how they did NOT get my e-mail address? Should I feel excluded? How am I going to sleep tonight!

"breach of contract"... yadah yadah yadah... ever heard of anti-competive? Nothing other than death and taxes are cast in concrete, so just relax will ya? Getting uptight ain't not good for yer health ok!

Why don't you start a petition to force admin to ban CWC from the interwebs? While you are at it sommer appoint yerself as the internet polizei and shut the whole place up/down will yah?

Admin/Mods/Managers let us rather start to ban FAKE users with FAKE egos and FAKE intentions?

Fark steaks! For once I was the polite one.

But, yeah, I'm with this pete oke.

My fake Spez gloves are still working hundreds...

But are they fake, counterfeit, replicas, or imported via a channel other than the official distributer?

Let me quickly explain something.

CWC import bits via non-standard channels, those channels are knowingly breaching contracts with their suppliers. The law is pretty simple: breach of contract is illegal. CWC is fully aware that some if their channels are in breach and are buying and selling stuff on. An example is the Shimano OEM parts they sell. Shimano is VERY clear about OEM parts, they are not for resale. It often says so IN BIG BOLD LETTERS on the packaging CWC throw away.

Heres another example: http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/giant-anthem-x-2-29er

CWC are fully aware that Giant worldwide does not allow their bikes to be sold online, nor do the local distributor, yet they continue to sell them online.

Those, my fellow hubbers, are two examples of CWC knowingly breaking the law.

Admin, now would be a good time to ban CWC from this forum. They are advertising and selling illegal stuff on this forum.

Interesting post, but incorrect. CWC's supply line in the past is an open secret in the industry, but your contention that CWC is acting illegally in factually incorrect, and borders on defamation. While the CWC's suppliers could be in some sort of breach with regards OEM products, CWC has toed the line by complying with parallel import legislation by carrying the required grey import notice. There is further packaging requirements regarding products not intended for distribution in this country that may need to adjust in terms of the CPA in the new year.

Further, you are obviously unaware of the relationship between the local Giant agent with regards floor space in the new CWC store.

If you feel aggrieved about e-mails or unsoliticed marketing, there are channels for recourse.

How did fake items turn into unauthorised distribution? Grey imports are not illegal in SA and it does not mean it is fake.

How did fake items turn into unauthorised distribution? Grey imports are not illegal in SA and it does not mean it is fake.

This is The Hub, of course it was gonna happen ;)

Let me try get something into perspective here....

I shall start with the example of a trip to a local hardware CHAIN store some time ago.

I purchased a product. I required a copy of a document that was supposed to come with the product, but didn't. The teller called the Manager. The Manager obliged, begrudgingly, and strolled off casually to do same.

10 minutes later I had my copy, and smiling (not) left the CHAIN store.

Whilst lounging in my vehicle I noticed that the Manager had allowed some 'thought for the environment', and had copied my requirement onto a piece of recycled paper.

The piece of recycled paper in question was in the form of a stock delivery inventory, for paintbrushes, rollers, paint trays etc. The columns reflect box quantities, quantities of items per box. Cost of items per each from wholesaler. Cost of items to retail stock.

The last two columns got my attention.

Let us take the paint trays first. Cost of item wholesale - R5.80. Cost of item to floor stock - R26.10

Let us take the paintbrushes second. 1 size, cheap ass plastic handle. Cost of item wholesale - R2.50. Cost of item to floor stock - R11.50

Now I am not going to do the math for you. But that is a MASSIVE markup. Even if we factor in transport. Rental. Staff, etc. etc. etc.

Now let us bear in mind, that the items in question were IMPORTS. They come from a factory, that in itself probably turns a tidy PROFIT for the owner/s. They are then shipped to and enter the country via an AGENT, who himself is making a tidy PROFIT, before selling them on to the CHAIN store; who incidentally are known to screw their supplier for 'the best (lowest) price', who OBVIOUSLY are themselves making a tidy PROFIT.

My estimate of the produced cost, shipped, of that paintbrush would be R0.25

Now apply that to your bicycle parts. If an "online store" such as CRC can sell - shipped, exactly the same item as you can purchase here, but for 50-60% of the price, and make a tidy PROFIT, well....then something is wrong.

You can't argue that their overheads are non-existent. They own a massive warehouse, filled with technology and the people to operate it. Can you imagine their shipping invoice every month?

Agree? So who are the suckers here then? Do you notice the COMMON TERM?

Let me state. Here and now. If I can buy that same brush/crankset for 200% of the RETAIL PRICE, from another source, then I shall be doing it! I do not give a toss who's marketing / sponsorship / My Crib budget takes a walloping.

OPEN SOURCE vs CAPITALISM, and may the best man win! :thumbup:

The last two columns got my attention.

Let us take the paint trays first. Cost of item wholesale - R5.80. Cost of item to floor stock - R26.10

I don't think that markup is possible. 500% is too much. Hardware is a competitive market with many players, they would be competing on price and this would come down to the point where they're comfortable with margins.

I don't think that markup is possible. 500% is too much. Hardware is a competitive market with many players, they would be competing on price and this would come down to the point where they're comfortable with margins.

Makes you think hey? (450% actually)

But I will tell you what makes it sadly believable. You can purchase the same paintbrush for about 5-6 ZA rond at Chinatown in Springfield Park, and I can assure you that they are still making a PROFIT.