Ban FAKE selling

Puxi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big picture is ride in plain kit, team kit or club kit. There is nothing 'genuine' about paying a pile of cash to wear the same kit your favourite Euro Pro wears.

Only branded kit I have is some cheap chinese Rock Racing kit, which I think is quite fitting, given that most of their riders were ripped to the tits on drugs. Not feeling too guilty about 'cheating' Michael fridge-full-of-EPO Ball out of a few pennies.

Pity I had none of that today in my Rock Racing Kit :lol: :lol: :lol: You okes made me work my ass off.

I noticed some adverts on the hub clearly stating its replica kit, personally i did not see an issue with that, unless i am naive. Yes the sponsors paid a lot to have their name on the pro riders back, but anybody else wearing kit showing the brand is still good exposure for the sponsors surely. so no i dont see the issue here, so long as its not sold as original kit.

Is buying a fake Springbok jersey on the side of the road taking money from cantaberries profits, who have paid to be the kit sponsor? In cantaberries sponsorship plan will be income from jersey sales, is this different a cycling kit producer who sponsors a team?

Why would you want to dress up like someone else? Be original or join a team or club or something. Support your lbs and get some of their logos on your beer boep instead of some obscure company that no ones ever heard of.

Do people actually go out and look for their favourite cyclist or cycling teams kit and buy it????

It's kinda like a kid buying batman or spider man kit! :unsure:

A rugby jersey or soccer jersey is understandable, but not too convinced on white lycra!

Edited by Smolster

It's kinda like a kid buying batman or spider man kit! :unsure:

ha i think you have hit the nail on the head. I can definitely see the value in buying the official batman, spiderman or in my case hulk costume.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

laughing my as off for this thread. I agree sell the fake kit! How else would we (students) be able to afford cycling. If hard enough gathering money to buy bike parts. And the parents just tell me save for kit. I'm gonna save forever if i want a decent looking kit. Think everyone should call it replicas rather then fake. Just sounds not so fake.

if it is against the law it is wrong! It is wrong to sell copied oakleys, it is wrong to sell copied dvd's...so it is wrong to sell copied clothing, and the hub should therefor not allow it. Remember it is against the law.

Its also laws that's state you should stop DEAD at every stop sign, look 10million times and then drive, also 60km/h zones/ 80kmp/h etc.. Don't know of ANYONE who obey those laws to the letter?? That's also against the law..

laughing my as off for this thread. I agree sell the fake kit! How else would we (students) be able to afford cycling. If hard enough gathering money to buy bike parts. And the parents just tell me save for kit. I'm gonna save forever if i want a decent looking kit. Think everyone should call it replicas rather then fake. Just sounds not so fake.

+1

Agree, can't afford all the original stuff after servicing your bike, on an allowance of R2000 or so.. Let's do the " REPLICAS"

Nothing says "FUNRIDER" like wearing Intercontinental Pro team kit. Its almost as amusing as the guys and girls that think that they need to match up their bike brand with the branding on their cycling kit.

The sponsor doesn't make huge amounts of cash from selling merchandise. In fact they are more than happy if people copy their kit as it is free advertising for them.

Think everyone should call it replicas rather then fake. Just sounds not so fake.

Replica kit is what the bike shops sell for R1500.

Fake is what is sold on the interwebs and the Hub.

The quality of the fakes is way lower than the original.If you can afford the originals buy it,it will last much longer.

Edited by gummibear

Interesting topic. But the debate is whether replica kit should be sold on The Hub, not if you would buy replica kit in principle. Rolex, Tag, etc. pay insane amounts of money in advertising to entice you to buying their product, yet a thriving market for fake watches exists. If we're comfortable with selling fake anything here on The Hub, then I guess it's ok to sell stolen bikes here too? Just a thought. Not an opinion.

Edited by flymango