Ban FAKE selling

Puxi

If it is illegal it is illegal.

That's not the same as morally wrong. I think it is morally wrong, nay stupid, for anyone to PAY good money to advertise someone elses business. Why? If they want me to advertise their products/services they need to pay me. (of course they wouldn't but still)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. Replica kit is still made by the correct manufacturer, fakes are not. There is a big difference between fake and replica. I've got a fake Springbok top. Have never worn it in public as I'm too embarrassed to. If people complain about the price, then live without it. I can't afford to eat at larny restaurants, so I eat at the Wimpy. If it is important to you, save up for it of worse, buy on the credit card.

Couldn't agree more!

These multi billion dollar companies that are sponsouring cycling events are not making money off there merchandise. It is merely for marketing. By less people wearing their kit you are actually doing them a dis-service. Know one here seems to know the licence or patent rules in SA regarding this kit. So maybe just let things be untill you do know.

P.s. I don't buy team kit because I also think it looks silly.

These multi billion dollar companies that are sponsouring cycling events are not making money off there merchandise. It is merely for marketing. By less people wearing their kit you are actually doing them a dis-service. Know one here seems to know the licence or patent rules in SA regarding this kit. So maybe just let things be untill you do know.

P.s. I don't buy team kit because I also think it looks silly.

Huh, does that mean its ok to sell crack cause at least we give the police something to do? I don't get your argument, its illegal. Punt, stop, klaar.

There used to be a guy on the HUB selling Specialized knock off kit.

Check the classifieds..." Guess who's back?"

Hi All,

Selling of illegal goods of any nature is NOT allowed on The Hub.

Any adverts selling fake kit will be removed and the account will be banned without warning. Any advertisers with adverts containing fake kit will have until 17h00, 7 November 2011 to remove their advert. Any adverts remaining will be deleted and the accounts will be banned.

As others have already mentioned, please note the distinction between "fake" and "replica":

- A replica is a licensed, legal product and most often produced by the same manufacturer of the original team / brand kit

- A fake is an unlicensed copy and is ILLEGAL

Watch out for ambiguous adverts which may present a fake as a "replica". The price is usually a good indicator.

If you come across any adverts selling or suspected of selling fake kit please hit the report button on the right hand side and we will investigate.

Thanks,

Matt Eagar - Admin

What is next? "don't support CRC!" ?

and then cwc

They don't sell fakes, do they? Grey (parallel) imports, in the case of CWC, are not illegal anymore.

They don't sell fakes, do they? Grey (parallel) imports, in the case of CWC, are not illegal anymore.

I am not saying they do...I am saying that next there will be request to ONLY buy local....

I am all for the lowest price....and parallel imports...not FAKE

How will we know if something being sold here is fake anyway?

How will we know if something being sold here is fake anyway?

If it looks too good to be true, it's a fake.

Replica kit is what the bike shops sell for R1500.

Fake is what is sold on the interwebs and the Hub.

The quality of the fakes is way lower than the original.If you can afford the originals buy it,it will last much longer.

Crap.