it's solely to warn other consumer just to be weary regarding what they buy

So what should we be avoiding ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what should we be avoiding ?

Well to start with always find out how the warranty works and if you need to buy warranty as an extra, BUY IT, try find out from guys riding similar stuff what their experience has been with the frames and so on. Also try and find out if the manufacturer quality controls his stuff before putting it out on the market. As a last check with your insurance if they will cover for that specific frame. I'm by no means saying that one frame is "crap", but there is definite quality differences, just make sure you buy the right stuff

Well to start with always find out how the warranty works and if you need to buy warranty as an extra, BUY IT, try find out from guys riding similar stuff what their experience has been with the frames and so on. Also try and find out if the manufacturer quality controls his stuff before putting it out on the market. As a last check with your insurance if they will cover for that specific frame. I'm by no means saying that one frame is "crap", but there is definite quality differences, just make sure you buy the right stuff

There is no reason why it won't be covered by your insurance (subject to the terms and conditions of your policy). The fact that it is a no name brand, has no bearing on the "insurability". If you can replace it for R4000, you just need to specify it for the same amount

Your missing the point completely, this is not about pointing out bad suppliers because frankly there are none, Dominic from Summit Bikes, has no responsibility regarding this frame, I've said it before and I hope this will be the last, I'm not publishing the suppliers details, if you see that to be pointless then you're missing what it's about, it's solely to warn other consumer just to be weary regarding what they buy

Huge contradiction there. Are you suggesting there are only bad frames and it has nothing to do with the suppliers? Try telling a few Cape Town folks there aren't bad meat suppliers but they must be weary of what meat they eat (bit of a scandal going on here in Cape Town about pork as halaal, buffalo as beef,etc).

Is that a possibility?

A warranty is supported by a manufacturer and included in the price of the bike for a Specified period, I was not aware there was optional warranties available out there for purchase, I cant imagine who would cover this kind of aftermarket warranty if it is available, the conditions must be quite onerous.

Yeah, as someone else, said insurance companies are not interested in brands, they insure product value, so if you list it as costing 20k and pay your required installments they will cover it, irrespective of brand or lack thereof.

Just read 9 pages of this post only to see that ive just wasted my f ing time :thumbdown: I think the moral of the story is DONT buy these frames and even worse dont buy a second hand one!

Just read 9 pages of this post only to see that ive just wasted my f ing time :thumbdown: I think the moral of the story is DONT buy these frames and even worse dont buy a second hand one!

I think you have hit the nail squarely, it's an age old thing, you get what you pay for.

I think the moral of the story is don't ride off bridges , no matter the make of bike.

Huge contradiction there. Are you suggesting there are only bad frames and it has nothing to do with the suppliers? Try telling a few Cape Town folks there aren't bad meat suppliers but they must be weary of what meat they eat (bit of a scandal going on here in Cape Town about pork as halaal, buffalo as beef,etc).

Let me put it in plain English, if you buy a premium brand frame, let's say "Giant", from your local bike shop, and the frame brakes after 2 months of use, is it the shop that should take blame for it or "Giant"?

So if we came into Linden Cycles and asked you what frames to avoid, what would you say?

So if we came into Linden Cycles and asked you what frames to avoid, what would you say?

Any brand that doesn't quality control their stuff or any brand that doesn't offer warranty

There is a guy in the greater RSA area stealing bikes, I will not be making any other info public in this regard. It’s not his fault, it’s his circumstances.

BUT REMEMBER BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME SOMEONE MIGHT GET HURT.

But still I will not give you more info.

Remember be careful.

Now that the pointless sh.t is done, I can go back to picking my nose

Call me cynical or brand conscious but I see it like a cheque, if no ones willing to put their name on it then I'm not interested. I'd rather be ripped off by a known brand than ripped apart by an unknown one.