Cycle Lab - Bad customer service

Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new (and will by all accounts, from what I see on here, be ridiculed for being new) but I have read through this thread with interest. Surely it is perfectly acceptable for someone to come and vent on here under a sub-forum specifically named "Rant and Rave". Or are you only allowed to rave if you have less than a certain number of posts and rants are the exclusive preserve of regulars?

I found this comment particularly interesting. What does the poster have to personally gain from this? Yes, you could argue that he is a competitor but you seem to insinuate that he is hoping to benefit directly by doing this and by getting the Cycle Lab owners to jump. How? He has used a pseudonym and in all likelihood this "Ben" fellow will not remember him anyway. He had the bike fixed so they cannot now offer to do this for him. It seems to me that it is rather likely that he felt frustrated by the service he got and felt the need to share it. Good on him. Surely that is what forums are for?

You may choose to ignore his one complaint but it is now on record. If someone else comes along and complains about bad service at this branch then you might start wondering about the accuracy of these complaints. Add ten more and there clearly is a problem. You may get great service, but then again you seem to know the owners personally so this is always likely to be the case.

And "Andrew", should probably not jump at one complaint like this but as an owner of any business I would take note of it and at the very least chat to my staff.

EDIT : After reading further it was interesting to read Andrew's response to this. So it seems all of those jumping to Cycle Lab's defence were indeed wrong as he admits the manner in which the client was told was perhaps lacking. It is great to see him respond directly to the client, and as stated above, take the complaint to heart. Most people will not go to the effort of signing up and complaining just for the hell of it.

@clintza

Do you in all honesty think this was the best way the OP handled this, sitting behind a pseudo taking shots at the lab without giving them a chance to fix this problem. By all means get upset with the service but at least phone and inform the owner of this before jumping at the chance to smear his name or company on a public forum, it's just not cricket. Andrew handled this very well and I can guarantee you the response would have been the same if he went to him directly, why come here first. The rant and rave section isn't Hello Peter, and guys will call your bluff if the story doesn't check out.

PS Newby or otherwise...if you post drivel, the guys will call it. It's got nothing to do with your post count. I also don't quite get the admission out of andrew's post just good PR. Anyway it doesn't matter what me or you think.... case closed

It’s great to see so many comments on my post. Sorry it is a bit difficult to answer all of them as it would take me all day...

No, I have nothing to gain from this post. Yes I did speak to the manager right there and then and told him how the matter was handled. Sure, any story has 2 sides, imho I was not rude. You are welcome to ask Ben his side of the story if you like. And I am not insulting Andrew in any way. He is a far better cyclist than what I’ll ever be. Also Andrew cannot take the blame every time someone somewhere scr#ws up. It is unfortunate that this gets associated to the brand when it is one individual that caused it, I guess that is how it goes.

You are welcome to call me a noob; and yes I am sure most of you would have been able to fix the problem yourself, does that mean that I need to have this skill or am not allowed to get assistance with it? Would these bike services even exist if everybody could fix everything on their own? Sure, the money spent at the store does not grant me the right to be helped before anyone else, but then again this was not the issue. To the comment about the big 4 x 4 that I drive (or any expensive car for that matter), sorry dude, it’s not the case, not even close... and I did not go into a rant at the store about money as suggested....

Sorry, I guess it was wrong to mention Dunkeld as it is not about comparing the shops but rather to point out that I got bad customer service and that another shop was glad to assist me without any hassles.

The comments thus far is very amusing, I have to say I did not know this is such a hot topic. You are welcome to assume anything you like, but know that I described the event exactly as I experienced it.

PS- I just read Andrew’s post. Thank you Andrew, I will give you a call shortly. And for those of you that are wondering, I will e calling Andrew only to discuss this matter, not to gain anything else from it.

Bru don't worry about any of these guys say (not all of them) :D Just a bunch of guys that think being an "Ultimate Hubber" means you are a cyclist :clap: I laugh every time some of these guys post :w00t: You had the right to speak your mind and it was poor service.

However Cyclelab is not to blame, it's the sales man. Maybe he had a bad day ^_^

It’s great to see so many comments on my post. Sorry it is a bit difficult to answer all of them as it would take me all day...

No, I have nothing to gain from this post. Yes I did speak to the manager right there and then and told him how the matter was handled. Sure, any story has 2 sides, imho I was not rude. You are welcome to ask Ben his side of the story if you like. And I am not insulting Andrew in any way. He is a far better cyclist than what I’ll ever be. Also Andrew cannot take the blame every time someone somewhere scr#ws up. It is unfortunate that this gets associated to the brand when it is one individual that caused it, I guess that is how it goes.

You are welcome to call me a noob; and yes I am sure most of you would have been able to fix the problem yourself, does that mean that I need to have this skill or am not allowed to get assistance with it? Would these bike services even exist if everybody could fix everything on their own? Sure, the money spent at the store does not grant me the right to be helped before anyone else, but then again this was not the issue. To the comment about the big 4 x 4 that I drive (or any expensive car for that matter), sorry dude, it’s not the case, not even close... and I did not go into a rant at the store about money as suggested....

Sorry, I guess it was wrong to mention Dunkeld as it is not about comparing the shops but rather to point out that I got bad customer service and that another shop was glad to assist me without any hassles.

The comments thus far is very amusing, I have to say I did not know this is such a hot topic. You are welcome to assume anything you like, but know that I described the event exactly as I experienced it.

PS- I just read Andrew’s post. Thank you Andrew, I will give you a call shortly. And for those of you that are wondering, I will e calling Andrew only to discuss this matter, not to gain anything else from it.

The only reason you need will be calling Andrew is to ask him how to get the egg off your fsce!!!!

Isn't that a kind of valve?

It can like to be one, but that is a differant daffarant other spelling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better to be a valve then a tappit.

:D

Tappit se gat, ek is n valve..... fokus

Edited by Sammajoor

It can like to be one, but that is a differant daffarant other speeling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tappit se gat, ek is n valve..... fokus

Is dit warrem daar in die bosveld?

Is dit warrem daar in die bosveld?

Nog nie, was laas week BLOEDIG warm. Medupi het werk gestop omdat dit 57'C op die torings was, verf het op die staal gekook. was regtig onaangenaam.

Wanneer gaan julle terug oerwoud toe?

Do you also go to cycle lab every time you have a puncture. I'm sure that is more complicated than tightening the cable.

..u win some, u lose some

clean the sand out your bibs and go kick the store manager up his *ss !

Do you also go to cycle lab every time you have a puncture. I'm sure that is more complicated than tightening the cable.

So you joined the hub just to add to this topic , mmmmm

welcome

Edited by Iron

Went to Neils Wheels the other day to get my gear cable tightened. Stripped all my components on the spot and gave them a free service! When I got going again it was like riding a different bike.

Went to Neils Wheels the other day to get my gear cable tightened. Stripped all my components on the spot and gave them a free service! When I got going again it was like riding a different bike.

Went in riding a Pinarello, came out with a Raleigh, same frame though!!!!! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Let me say upfront, I will never support Cycle Lab again.

Here is the story...

We're all grown-ups (well, most us based on some comments made on this thread ;) ), why didn't you ask to see a manager? Bet you the problem would've been resolved right there and then. You would've saved yourself a trip to another shop.

Some days when I read posts like these, I think there should be a Supplier Protection Act.

and you did not notice it before you left?