Cricket......

E1A104

Go on, sing us a song...

Noo, the last time we Kumbaya'd look what happened

Keeping my trap shut about the p r o t e a 's, feet crossed and firmly planted on the ground

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well they made it to lunch. faf and elgar will be happy with their 50 partnership.

aussies got quite a slow over rate in, siddle bowled 8 on the trot.

a bit interesting that both lbws where from the 'leg side' of the bowler (RH Harris to LH smith, LH Johnson to RH Amla)...pre hawkeye, many umpires would have gone not out due to pitching outside leg, we should see more lbw in the future...since the batsman's benefit was a big safety blanket.

a comment on cricinfo and I think our cricket is due a big overhaul

ben: "Elgar proving just how out of touch the CSA management is "

another classic comment

Kyle: "What makes this knock by Elgar even more impressive is that he is doing it without his middle fingers. Both of them are directed at CSA."

um ja, I think that's a bit unfair. he got quite a free ride being in the test squad without really playing much., and we all know CSA have had to make cuts everywhere due to revenue loss from shortened india tour.

I would be feeling a whole lot better if we had an extra 30-40 runs on the board

170/3 ok?

johnson not looking the big title he was made out to be, even started spraying some all over the place. he'll be back for the new ball and let's see then.

They are batting way to slow. If they keep this up, they will prob bat tomorrow aswell for the whole day, and at the end, it will be a draw!!

They are batting way to slow. If they keep this up, they will prob bat tomorrow aswell for the whole day, and at the end, it will be a draw!!

181 / 4 is WAAAAYYY better than 220 / 7 after 70 over. I have to privelage to work from home today, so I can tell you that the wicket is low and slow. Scoring is going to be difficult. Good luck to the side batting last on this pitch.

so as expected (by some), QdK hasn't learnt the price of a first class wicket yet. Caught trying to slog the 6th bowler with half a session left and new ball coming.

so as expected (by some), QdK hasn't learnt the price of a first class wicket yet. Caught trying to slog the 6th bowler with half a session left and new ball coming.

He scored 6 more than what Alviro would have scored. It was great to see how upset he was with that shot. He seems like the type that will learn from this experience.

I woke up this morning wondering who of the 2 captains would be the most satisfied after yesterday's play.

Clarke is leading the series 1-0 and made sure that SA did not get away. His bowlers did not look nearly as effective as in the first test and they held on to their chances.

Smith won the toss and batted on a track that will play its best today. 3 wickets were soft dismissals. Only the 2 LBW's were of very good deliveries. He has some batting left and if De Villiers, Duminy, Parnell and Philander (and increasingly Steyn) can get another 150 we would be in a reasonable position to at least not loose this one.

Session 4 is going to be key. Play is starting a bit earlier and if SA can take the score to 300 by lunch without losing too many wickets, we may look to try and accelerate to tea to be in excess of 400.

We will then have to bowl really well to ensure that we can dismiss Aus cheaply and have enough time to build the lead to 400 plus and take another 10 wickets.

He scored 6 more than what Alviro would have scored. It was great to see how upset he was with that shot. He seems like the type that will learn from this experience.

Whatever, 1-0 down against australia and he showed that he's not yet got the mindset or patience for test cricket. It was like watching a car crash, and all it took was a loopy leg break from the 6th bowler's first over for him to charge the bowler and try hit it out the ground. This is 4 overs away from the new ball, how often do you get lucky enough to have an opener at the crease to see off the second new ball?

No denying the freakish talent - very similar to AB in many ways, he should be one of our best players in time to come.

More than happy for QdK to prove me wrong in the second innings and beyond, but i don't think he's going to change overnight. T20/ODI on the other hand long may he blast it off from the first ball.