Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really think the Aussies will be stunned waking up this morning after klapping a very vulnerable England and then a brilliant opening Test victory against SA.

I'm sure they thought this great SA team was mentally fragile and destroyed after Centurion.

Think again, visitors.

GO STEYNTJIE

Edited by ' Dale

Really think the Aussies will be stunned waking up this morning after klapping a very vulnerable England and then a brilliant opening Test victory against SA.

I'm sure they thought this great SA team was mentally fragile and destroyed after Centurion.

Think again, visitors.

GO STEYNTJIE

Still puzzles me as to why Clarke agreed to the extra half hour play yesterday?

Surely he knew they had a good chance at a draw by extending it over to the 5th day. The weather here is iffy, very overcast, drizzly with big front pulling in from Jeffereys Bay's side.

Surely he knew they had a good chance at a draw by extending it over to the 5th day. The weather here is iffy, very overcast, drizzly with big front pulling in from Jeffereys Bay's side.

Is'nt that the Aussie way, rather than be accused of bad sportsmanship, gungho it out, I think he would have thought that the worlds best no11(Lyon) would be able to block it out, after going 9 tests without being given out, and without Rodgers brainfart they could have done it.

from polly

Weather report today

BhOR4vQIQAAOMes.jpghttp://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhOR4vQIQAAOMes.jpgpost-7169-0-75437800-1393240119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stretch

Think again, visitors.

GO STEYNTJIE

The best for me was their sense of disbelief you could see on their faces directly after the match. After their 6 wins in a row, they probably thought they are invincible...

He, he...

Well done Proteas.

The best view was that of the Aussie players when first Rogers and then Lyon walked! The shock on their faces was something to behold.

That said, they are fighters and deserve respect, although it was disappointing that some of their players never went down to shake hands.

Lets hope Newlands answers the question once and for all.

I dont think Clarke had to give permission. Smith requested it from the umps, they have sole discretion to give the extra 30min, if they think the game could end in that 30 min. They made a good call.

3.2 Extra Time

The umpires may decide to play 30 minutes (a minimum of eight overs) extra time at the end of any day (other than the last day) if requested by either captain if, in the umpires opinion, it would bring about a definite result on that day (this is in addition to the maximum one hour's extra time provided for in 3.1 (a) (iii) above). If the umpires do not believe a result can be achieved no extra time shall be allowed.

If it is decided to play such extra time on one or more of these days, the whole period shall be played out even though the possibility of finishing the match may have disappeared before the full period has expired.

Only the actual amount of playing time up to the maximum 30 minutes extra time by which play is extended on any day shall be deducted from the total number of hours of play remaining, and the match shall end earlier on the final day by the amount of time by which play was previously extended under this clause.

Edited by Stretch

This guy should already be in the team or at least in the squad

http://www.sport24.c...Abbott-20140224

cool,so he's in the squad for the final match then. I think he'll play, and not maclaren or kleinveldt. It does show that they are picking on merit, could have been justified putting in beuran hendricks who has had a hot streak as a left hander and that would have made the suits happy.

Doubt they will drop elgar since he contributed, so it's a toss up between alviro and qdk for the 7th batsmen spot.

A comment that caught my eye on crickinfo went something like

" In the mighty jungle of South Africa, the lion sleeps, but next to the ocean, he stares"

Probably posted by one of the Aussie batsmen, because he could not get the staring eyes out of his mind :-)

Edited by Christie

cool,so he's in the squad for the final match then. I think he'll play, and not maclaren or kleinveldt. It does show that they are picking on merit, could have been justified putting in beuran hendricks who has had a hot streak as a left hander and that would have made the suits happy.

Doubt they will drop elgar since he contributed, so it's a toss up between alviro and qdk for the 7th batsmen spot.

I hope he plays but don't think the team/squad is on merit ... Thami and Rory are there ahead of KA/QdK/SvZ/BH ect.

The best view was that of the Aussie players when first Rogers and then Lyon walked! The shock on their faces was something to behold.

That said, they are fighters and deserve respect, although it was disappointing that some of their players never went down to shake hands.

Lets hope Newlands answers the question once and for all.

Really, I never saw that, that is bad sportsmanship, and would never have been tolerated in Steve Waugh's time, shows how they have fallen, didn't think much of Punter as a Captain, he was lucky to have inherited the core of a mighty side from Waugh. Whatever decisions he made, he had the players to back him up. Hopefully Pup will be a better captain. As much as I cannot stand the stereotypical Aussie cricketer, there is no better test than to be playing them at their best.

This guy should already be in the team or at least in the squad

http://www.sport24.c...Abbott-20140224

He's proven that he has the ability to bowl in tests, so I hope he's included, pity about Parnell, I rate him as a better player than Maclaren, with the ball and bat.

I dont think Clarke had to give permission. Smith requested it from the umps, they have sole discretion to give the extra 30min, if they think the game could end in that 30 min. They made a good call.

Yip.

I read that they were granted an extra 8 overs.

What was unusual was that Oz were only 7 down, not the customary 8.