Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the U19's is still in the game against the U19 Aussies. We made 230/9 in our 50 overs. Rabada is on fire! 17/3 after 5 overs and by the sounds of it, he's rather quick!

Our U19 boys dismissed the Aussies for 150. Huge win for a semi! Now for the finals! Go get some silverware boys!

Awesome!!!

remember this guy used to be an aussie...the mike haysmen column sums it all up nicely

What more do we want to see from a test series? So far the South Africa-Australia series has been box-office stuff at its best and shows no sign of relenting.

The individual performances we have been privileged to witness have been stupendous.

We have gone from the brutality and sheer dominance of Mitchell Johnson to the intensity and hostility of Morne Morkel, the double-dipping brilliance of AB de Villiers to the splendid serenity of Hashim Amla. From the satisfaction of Shaun Marsh grabbing a unique opportunity to Alex Doolan and Dean Elgar doing similar.

A masterpiece from JP Duminy produced knowing nods coupled with relief while David Warner's savagery, particularly on Morkel, abruptly assaulted the senses. We have all also disbelieved his good luck. Enduring qualities of Nathan Lyon have impressed and the sheer magnificence of Dale Steyn and his unique reverse swing wizardry has astounded all and sundry.

Batsmen have been bombed, bruised, battered and bloodied. Bowlers have become emboldened one day and hamstrung the following. The catching has totally dismayed one moment and jaw-droppingly enthralled the next.

The pitches have been distinctly different, demanding instant adaptation and vastly different strategy. The captaincy has been starkly varied with styles ranging from extremely proactive that stimulated thought, to periods of stagnancy.

We have been dismayed by the home team's capitulation in the initial encounter and exhilarated by the single-minded bounce-back ability of a determined unit that many had written off.

We have saluted the local hard-nosed skipper who refused to surrender and been intrigued by two of the finest leaders with extraordinary records who are both moving targets and bereft of runs.

No matter which side you are rooting for your emotions have been yanked from pillar to post leaving you elated, exasperated, but always gasping for more.

And it all happens one last time starting Saturday at one of cricket's finest theatres.

The victor can rightly strut.

some one needs to come in for parnell, reckon they will go with

biff

alviro

#

faf

ABDv

elgar

duminy

Abbot

Philanderer

Steynja

Morkel

so with not much else on the newsfront currently, Domingo was tightlipped with team selection. This is exactly the team selection I was pondering, will have to wait and see.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-02-26-cricket-south-africas-selection-conundrum-for-the-third-test/#.Uw7ugfmSz2d

the De Kock conundrum

Should Petersen return to the side, Quinton de Kock will most likely be the player to get the chop. Although he has remained with the group for the final Test, there are still doubts over whether he is mentally ready for Test cricket. His first innings effort ended with a reckless shot and although he looked much better in the second, South Africa might not be quite progressive enough to stick with the youngster, despite ignoring the usual conservative selection protocol for his call up in the first place.

De Kock was only fourth in line behind Temba Bavuma, Reeza Hendricks and Stiaan van Zyl, but it’s hard to argue with scoring three hundreds in limited overs at international cricket, and thus De Kock ended up leapfrogging his competitors...

...While there is a certain pecking order, the decision to opt for De Kock might hint that South Africa are moving towards a more progressive selection policy. If that is indeed the case, then it’s only good news for SA cricket. With Jacques Kallis now gone and retired from the Test team, it’s the ideal opportunity to start a new era and add new dimensions to the side.

so with not much else on the newsfront currently, Domingo was tightlipped with team selection. This is exactly the team selection I was pondering, will have to wait and see.

http://www.dailymave...t/#.Uw7ugfmSz2d

the De Kock conundrum

Tough one to push Elgar down the order after batting so well at the front but Alviro will definitely be opening with Smith, I imagine. Keen to see Abbot have another crack as well. I can't remember if he can bat a bit with an old ball like Parnell can but he's surely the stronger of the two bowlers and hopefully another surprise element for the Aussies.

Interesting stats at Newlands. Since readmission there has been 26 tests at Newlands. SA won 18 of those and there has been 5 draws and 3 losses. All three losses were against Australia. We have won twice against the Aussies and there has not been a draw against Aus at Newlands ever.

This would be my side if I was a selector working with the current squad, however I would possibly be inclined to throw a certain pakistan born leg spinner into the mix as a surprise factor, and the posibility of a turning Newland's day 5 pitch.

1) Smith

2) Elgar

3) Amla

4) Peterson

5) de Villiers

6) du Plessis

7) Duminy

8) Philander

9) Abbot

10) Steyn

11) Morkel

Edited by Dusty

This would be my side if I was a selector working with the current squad, however I would possibly be inclined to throw a certain pakistan born leg spinner into the mix as a surprise factor, and the posibility of a turning Newland's day 5 pitch.

1) Smith

2) Elgar

3) Amla

4) Peterson

5) de Villiers

6) du Plessis

7) Duminy

8) Philander

9) Abbot

10) Steyn

11) Morkel

Fine selection there Dusty!

Here's hoping SA can win their first Test series against Oz on home soil since the isolation era ended.

Edited by ' Dale

where will the walking sick note bat?

http://www.thebounce.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/pic1_shane_watson_naked_001-332x456.jpg

Edited by Shebeen

Fine selection there Dusty!

Here's hoping SA can win their first Test series against Oz on home soil since the isolation era ended.

Would be special, especially taking the first test horror into consideration,