Cricket......

E1A104

Morris, all-rounder show of note

Nicely done

Key dual skills, not to mention those excellent one-handed low-down slip catching super powers

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 300 would be a very competitive total on the pitch. Lots of swing about and good movement off the seam. Nice and fast, lots of bounce. That second new ball is going to take casualties. We should at least try to have around 250 to 260 on the board by then.

I agree (strangely and unfortunately) get to 300 and its a good job for your lot.

We could have got more - lots of soft dismissals. Only Amla got a ripper. Our team looks vulnerable, I cant say what exactly is wrong, but there are problems. Im a fan of Faf, but he is still messed up from India. He needs a stint for the Titans to regain his confidence.

Morris, all-rounder show of note

Nicely done

Key dual skills, not to mention those excellent one-handed low-down slip catching super powers

I have felt previously that he was lucky to be picked for SA as I saw him as being of dubious quality when it comes to being an all rounder albeit a bowling one. Glad to say his performances is both eye catching and opinion changing in nature. I hope he continues the good work because it'll give the selectors a nice headache to have once Vern is fit again.

I have felt previously that he was lucky to be picked for SA as I saw him as being of dubious quality when it comes to being an all rounder albeit a bowling one. Glad to say his performances is both eye catching and opinion changing in nature. I hope he continues the good work because it'll give the selectors a nice headache to have once Vern is fit again.

problem with our all rounder slot. Philander is getting better with the bat, jpd better with the ball, morris with the bat. They all falling a bit short in their main role.

problem with our all rounder slot. Philander is getting better with the bat, jpd better with the ball, morris with the bat. They all falling a bit short in their main role.

Not sure I agree so much with you regarding JP. Felt that the Indians were never under pressure from him at all and I personally feel that his bowling is crippling his batting. He should be considered only for his batting.

Felt that Morris bowled better in the second innings at Newlands. Still very new to test cricket and up against a largely settled English batting unit. Hopefully Morris shows himself worthy of his place in the team.

What do you make of the choice of having Viljoen ahead of Abbott? Viljoen's numbers have been good, certainly good enough to deserve a test place but Abbott's swinging ability might've been useful.

They are not all rounders

They are bowlers who can bat a bit.JPD is a batsman who can bowl a bit in the one day game.

We have no all rounders at the moment

They are not all rounders

They are bowlers who can bat a bit.JPD is a batsman who can bowl a bit in the one day game.

We have no all rounders at the moment

Morris has a first class average of 31 with the bat. Shaun Pollock ended on a first class average of 33. Do you think that Pollock was a bowler who could bat a bit or was he an All Rounder?

Unfortunately we are going to feel the void that Jacques Henry Kallis left for a long time to come...

At this point in time Morris seems to be gunning for the allrounder spot but I agree, he needs to fulfill his primary role of bowling, just like JK had to do with his batting.

I heard some of the commentators mention that England did not bowl very well in the 1st session so we are very lucky to be where we are it seems.

Morris has a first class average of 31 with the bat. Shaun Pollock ended on a first class average of 33. Do you think that Pollock was a bowler who could bat a bit or was he an All Rounder?

Pollock is an exceptional cricketer but I would not have called him an allrounder

Kallis Big Mac Proctor Rice Barlow those are all rounders

Zulu and Kemp also spring to mind

Edited by Kranswurm

7000 runs in first class cricket?

Undefeated century on test debut?

I'll say that he's definitely good enough to be in the test side, but he's trying really hard to convince me otherwise. He's not an opener, and it's showing. 

Sunfoil series - batting stats 2013/2014

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=8339;type=tournament

2012/2013

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=7535;type=tournament

I dont argue that he is a good cricketer that can play at that level, BUT not as an opener.  We need a opener in the side, that is the spot that is open and they should fill it with one IMHO

What an entry to test cricket.

As we'd say in Aus: this bloke is built like a brick shithouse!