Cricket......

E1A104

With all due respect, you're a tjop to say that.

We lose the first game in the super 8's and predictably the done-to-death chokers sledge comes out. Come on man, that's bloody unnecessary.

I agree, we always lose the games that matter in the major tournaments but lets pretend all is ok. Go proteas!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we always lose the games that matter in the major tournaments but lets pretend all is ok. Go proteas!

I agree with all your crticisms wrt to batting, bowling and captaincy. However, to just jump to 'chokers' is totally too much.

Also, remember that we still have 2 more games. We're not out yet. Plenty of time to get the tar and feathers ready...

Edit: 2 more games

Edited by G-Unit

Can't really blame the bowlers. 130 something is not a defendable total. I thought we did wellto push them so far.

It's more the strategy employed by the captain.

And mastering the more consistent Yorker is an important death bowling strategy...

I agree with all your crticisms wrt to batting, bowling and captaincy. However, to just jump to 'chokers' is totally too much.

Also, remember that we still have 2 more games. We're not out yet. Plenty of time to get the tar and feathers ready...

Hey I would love them to win this thing but WTF are they thinking?? We've seen this movie before, stop bowling short. Too full is better than too short and as for the batting, the less said the better. Don't we ever learn?

sorry, choked again

2 from 2 required...

Then semis.

Lets see whether they can get to the silverware.

KICK AZZZZ PROTEAS!!

I'm with @Dale; Proteas took foot off pedal with Pakis at 75-7 odd and Kallis and the Morkels persisted in bowling long hops to the "nothing to lose" Gal . Kallis a "slower ball" ffs. Where's the Wasim Akram toe crusher I say? Persist like this and enjoy the "chokers" tag.

They did not choke. I suppose the parrots will always shout chokers-chokers-chokers whenever they lose a tight game. A look at history will show that teams lose close matches all the time in t20.

Imo they lost because of lack of death bowlers and bad captaincy. It was AB's call who should bowl when, he had spinners with overs left, should have bowled them out in the middle game - they got us back into the game in the first place. Morne Morkel bowled superbly in the ipl, but he has lost his mojo since then. Kallis does not have enough control to bowl at the end. I dont think we can do well in this tournament without a bowler that can bowl toe-crunchers.

They did not choke. I suppose the parrots will always shout chokers-chokers-chokers whenever they lose a tight game. A look at history will show that teams lose close matches all the time in t20.

Imo they lost because of lack of death bowlers and bad captaincy. It was AB's call who should bowl when, he had spinners with overs left, should have bowled them out in the middle game - they got us back into the game in the first place. Morne Morkel bowled superbly in the ipl, but he has lost his mojo since then. Kallis does not have enough control to bowl at the end. I dont think we can do well in this tournament without a bowler that can bowl toe-crunchers.

i dont think albie deserves to be there... also i recon we have an awesome bowling unit! why did JP not bowl more then 2 overs??? that was a poor decision by AB... he needs to learn to play the situation! be brave and bowl a slower bowler at the depth... we still there and i still believe we can take this T20... our bad game is out the window now! :thumbup:

So how did that go then? Boom.....gone!

I don't get it! The 1st ranked team beaten by the 9th ranked team. And soundly. Let's face it, our players are not in the correct mind space when playing cup tournaments. They need a shrink, not a cricket coach at the moment. It's like Ricky Ponting said years ago: South African cricketers play bad in crunch games because they are too scared of loosing.

Edited by Moridin

I don't think this loss was a choke. I do think there were some nerves, but a good t20 team must have either very economical bowlers or big hitters in the top 4. We dont have enough of either. Levi and Faf du Plessis was supposed to provide power hitting, but both struggled against seam in England, and Levi is very very poor when it turns. Parnell was brought in to bowl yorkers, but that did not happen, either.

Also, the squad have been on tour for a long, long time - they left SA at the end of June, so perhaps being on tour for a long long time also led to a lack of form. AB, Amla, Kallis, Morkels kan play better.

Despite this, we have not played so badly. We were ok against Sri Lanka, and we would have beaten Pakistan if AB were a better captain. Against Oz our top order were too tentative, and the game could have been closer had the chance of Watson been taken. That drop may have been a choke, or just because Parnell is useless. He should have no place in the national set-up imo.

Edited by Christie

You sound well chuffed. Eyeing Perth are we?

Saw it coming, have a mug of warm tea. Hope you fell better soon.

Perth is not for me thx.

If India beats Pakistan, we may still have a chance to go to the knock out phase if we beat India. I still dont think we have the right combination of players to win this, and our best players (except Steyn) is not on form.