Cricket......

E1A104

I am an ABD fan, he is the best batsmen of his this generation. Superb in all forms of the game.

Imo not a good captian, and also lacking in bmt a bit (how many times have MSD or Koli won matches for India, almost man alone? AB is not on their level wrt bmt)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0

First time in Aus history

Lehman would've cried himself to sleep last night

Shame ????

AB is an amazing batsman. I was at the ground when he took the WI apart at wanderers. Wonderful to watch

I just get the impression that he has to feel like it though. And sometimes I it seems he would rather be making money at the IPL. Fair enough. Cricketers have a short shelf life when compared to say engineers. On the technical side as captain I don't think he is bad. Field placings and so on but then I am not an expert at those things. Where he doesn't seem to work well as captain is as a leader of men. The team really pull together under Faf.

On the quota issue it's quite interesting how the team is doing so well with fresh young black players, Indians, coloureds and whites. Very encouraging. It's a team that the country can get behind. Wish the rugby could be more like this.

AB is an amazing batsman. I was at the ground when he took the WI apart at wanderers. Wonderful to watch

I just get the impression that he has to feel like it though. And sometimes I it seems he would rather be making money at the IPL. Fair enough. Cricketers have a short shelf life when compared to say engineers. On the technical side as captain I don't think he is bad. Field placings and so on but then I am not an expert at those things. Where he doesn't seem to work well as captain is as a leader of men. The team really pull together under Faf.

On the quota issue it's quite interesting how the team is doing so well with fresh young black players, Indians, coloureds and whites. Very encouraging. It's a team that the country can get behind. Wish the rugby could be more like this.

Your last paragraph is the most NB thing. Loved the way they klapped the Aussies, but every match all I could think of is how lekker it was to feel like you are rooting for an SA team where all the okes looked and felt like they deserved to be there on an international field. Were you watching, Fikile Mbabalas?

Your last paragraph is the most NB thing. Loved the way they klapped the Aussies, but every match all I could think of is how lekker it was to feel like you are rooting for an SA team where all the okes looked and felt like they deserved to be there on an international field. Were you watching, Fikile Mbabalas?

CSA seems to actually have a plan ito getting the sport into a point where even though there's a quota system it's STILL a merit based selection process keeping the National team the priority and keeping it's brand strong. Something SARU knows nothing off - apparently.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Fikile is something else. Hopefully he will go with Zuma.

Quinton de Kock warmed up for the Test series against Australia with a century on South Africa's first day of play on this tour, while JP Duminy fell just short of triple figures. Against an inexperienced Cricket Australia XI at Adelaide Oval, the South Africans piled on 415 against the pink-ball in the day-night contest, with Hashim Amla also posting a half-century.

Cric info

Quinton de Kock warmed up for the Test series against Australia with a century on South Africa's first day of play on this tour, while JP Duminy fell just short of triple figures. Against an inexperienced Cricket Australia XI at Adelaide Oval, the South Africans piled on 415 against the pink-ball in the day-night contest, with Hashim Amla also posting a half-century.

Cric info

Thank goodness cos the last I saw was 19 for 2.

From the vantage point of the present, though, Australian cricket looks unaccountably vulnerable, mortal. Watching their ODI side being drubbed 5-0 here in South Africa a month ago, I was reminded of nothing so much as a South African side of yore, almost to the point of caricature. There was precious little variation in the right-arm-over bowling, and a curious diffidence hung about them. They had no big turning spinner and there was a certain iffiness about the batting. Things pretty much seem to have come full circle.

READ MORE HERE

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/1063094.html