Cricket......

E1A104

GO, AMLA, BE A HERO!

Gary Kirsten once batted for 12 hours to save a game for SA against England, I think.

Geeez!

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My batting card for the 3rd test:

Alviro

Smith

Amla

Kallis

AB

JP Duminy

Bouch

Steyn (sting in the tail)

TRUE TAIL

Out: Prins, Rudolph

I think a few guys have come to the end of their careers.

I feel sorry for Jacques Rudolph as he definately has the talent and has scored tons of runs recently. Think he is just a bit out of form.

Prince has grown bigger than the game (refer to the ball tampering incident recently Warriors/Knights as well as that he was openly upset in the media when they chose him as a makeshift opener a season or two back - talk about being a team player)

Kallis maybe needs to give up the ball, get down to earth a bit more and focus on his batting only and not dating a different model every 2 weeks :blink:

Smith also needs to stop talking **** in the media about how they plan to play etc and start leading by example only. We have achieved very little if you really look at it.

Sri Lanka (who apparently suck) have won one World Cup and played in two World Cup finals.... And we??

Bring in Rilee Rossouw, Dean Elgar, Ryan Mclaren and Colin Ingram. Also bring Duminy back into the squad along with Alviro and Richard Levi.

Oh and we desperately need a new wicket keeper............

Need more energy!

Cricket is a form game so why not pick form players.... A guy like Dean Elgar could have gotten a massive boost playing in these test instead of a guy like Jacques Kallis who has contributed absolutely nothing with ball or bat. And it wasnt difficult to predict it after his form against Auz.

Yes he is a class player when on form. So let him play local cricket and regain that form?

My batting card for the 3rd test:

Alviro

Smith

Amla

Kallis

AB

JP Duminy

Bouch

Steyn (sting in the tail)

TRUE TAIL

Mine:--

Alviro

Smith

Amla

Elgar

AB (keeper)

Ingram

Rilee Rossouw

Rest

Remember Rilee was the first SA batsmen to score 300 runs in one day this year in a domestic game.

We need to balance our side with good quality technical players and game breakers. AB, Smith and Rossouw are breakers, Elgar, Alviro, Elgar and Ingram are technical guys.

I hope SA cricket learn from this (again) and make the changes NOW. .

The Mafia style old Gods need to go - Smith (Captain, my captain) Kallis, Boucher. Duminy, Prince is not worth the risk.

I would rather loose with a young developing team now than with a team which contains, best all rounder, best bowler, best batsman, best this , best that (as per commentators) Craig Marais got it right for a change.

I hear England (and Zimbabwe) just cannot wait to play us.

Math fixing? I could go on but I am too P off with the whole situation! Damn!!

I hope SA cricket learn from this (again) and make the changes NOW. .

The Mafia style old Gods need to go - Smith (Captain, my captain) Kallis, Boucher. Duminy, Prince is not worth the risk.

I would rather loose with a young developing team now than with a team which contains, best all rounder, best bowler, best batsman, best this , best that (as per commentators) Craig Marais got it right for a change.

I hear England (and Zimbabwe) just cannot wait to play us.

Match fixing? I could go on but I am too P off with the whole situation! Damn!!

Will be spending one day @ Newlands for, possibly and most likely, the deciding test.

Gonna be a tense affair.

*Some where else, to think that Mickey Arthur is now the coach to Australia. :blink:

....and picking sides on merit...must be strange for him.

!st time in history we are going to lose to SL at home. SS commentators have been talking team changes as well.

1. Ask the groundsman for a pitch friendly to fast bowling in Ct. On a batsman friendly pitch, we my just collapse again against their medium pacers.

2. Imo Smith must go - he's got too much power, looks to me like the head of the player mafia. I don't think the team will be able to move foreward with him there.

3. If the pitch is going to support fast bowling, put Duminy in as an all-rounder, to share 5th bowler duties with Kallis..

Suggestion for CT:

1. New opener (Alviro Petersen?)

2. Rudolph (has the talent, let him find form)

3. Amla

4. Kallis (I would not be barve enough to drop him yet. Hope he raises his game on home ground.)

5. New batsmen (Elgar/Ingram/Russouw)

6. AB (keeper, perhaps captain)

7. Duminy (all rounder)

8. Steyn

9. Philander

10. Morkel

11. De Lange

Team has a lot of fast bowling, is weak in the spin department, but bats down to nr9 (although Philander hasn't scored any runs so far.) 5,6 and 7 gives the lower middle order a very solid look, to address the huge batting weakness we have got at present.

Edited by Christie

Agee Christie but they will not drop Smith now. He is going to England etc so we have to deal with that. Maybe even bring in Alviro as a middleorder batsment?

Perhaps push Steyn up the order to bat at 4, Kallis 5 (on current form :devil: )

I read on the crickinfo.com commentary that Steyn averaged 65.5 with the bat over the last 6 innings.

Edited by Christie

.... and that is an example of how to lose to the #6 ranked test team on home ground.

4th straight loss at Kingsmead, pitch can't be blamed for this one.