Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't his fault remember! It was the devils fault...

I thought he was talking about a certain spin bowler.

Lights out cost us some runs imo. Still, well played NZ. We had our opportunities, did not cash in on them. Our Spinners were not great, Peterson had a poor game imo.

Edited by Christie

Is it just me or are our commentators all idiots?

Funny how Kepler Wessels has a lot to say about our batsment and their strike rates etc.

Kepler himself averaged a mere 34 in ODI at a strike rate of 55%. This means if you had 2 x Keplers batting through the inning we would post 165 every 50 over match.

Also Kepler keeps saying the same **** over. "The openers need to asses the pitch and decide after 6 overs what a good total will be". What does that even mean Kepler? Block the first 30 balls like you would have and then when you are 15 for 0 decide to kick on? Crap. The first 2 or 3 guys should always go out all guns blazing. In the event that they fall then you can have one or two accumulating type players before having the big hitters coming in at 6 and 7.

Even Mr Ackerman is very irritating with his critisism of our players. He didnt even make it at international level.

Great cricket festival last night.

Happy to see the beleaguered Kiwis show some fight.

Guptil, what a champ!

Great cricket festival last night.

Happy to see the beleaguered Kiwis show some fight.

Guptil, what a champ!

Yes that Guptil oke deserved the ton and the win. It was obvious that the Proteas thought the game was won after batting hence they decided not to field. They literally choked like in the world cup. And I thought only batsmen choke!

Behardiens mouth is always so wide open maybe he should try and swallow catches in the future........

Is it just me or are our commentators all idiots?

Funny how Kepler Wessels has a lot to say about our batsment and their strike rates etc.

Kepler himself averaged a mere 34 in ODI at a strike rate of 55%. This means if you had 2 x Keplers batting through the inning we would post 165 every 50 over match.

Also Kepler keeps saying the same **** over. "The openers need to asses the pitch and decide after 6 overs what a good total will be". What does that even mean Kepler? Block the first 30 balls like you would have and then when you are 15 for 0 decide to kick on? Crap. The first 2 or 3 guys should always go out all guns blazing. In the event that they fall then you can have one or two accumulating type players before having the big hitters coming in at 6 and 7.

Even Mr Ackerman is very irritating with his critisism of our players. He didnt even make it at international level.

I was getting very annoyed with the SABC commentators last night had to mute the sound after a while.

I was getting very annoyed with the SABC commentators last night had to mute the sound after a while.

Yep. I guess if Kepler actually did know anything worth while he would have been a coach or team manager of a note worthy team by now. I just dont understand sometimes where the TV stations get some of their commentators. Seems any ex-player can be a commentator.

The only guy I really enjoy listening to is Barry Richards. Boeta is also not too bad.

Pommy "thats him - got him!!" Mbangwa is boring as hell and has crap theories himself.

HD Ackerman was a nice change at first but I get the feeling he is a bit overconfident.

Yep. I guess if Kepler actually did know anything worth while he would have been a coach or team manager of a note worthy team by now. I just dont understand sometimes where the TV stations get some of their commentators. Seems any ex-player can be a commentator.

The only guy I really enjoy listening to is Barry Richards. Boeta is also not too bad.

Pommy "thats him - got him!!" Mbangwa is boring as hell and has crap theories himself.

HD Ackerman was a nice change at first but I get the feeling he is a bit overconfident.

I like most of the Radio 2000 commentators my favorite being Niel Johnson, they still seem to be able to capture the excitement of cricket where the TV commentators are just talking and don't add much value to the game.

I like most of the Radio 2000 commentators my favorite being Niel Johnson, they still seem to be able to capture the excitement of cricket where the TV commentators are just talking and don't add much value to the game.

I agree. Peter Kirsten is also pretty funny. Just a pity the sound is not synchronised with that of the TV.............

I agree. Peter Kirsten is also pretty funny. Just a pity the sound is not synchronised with that of the TV.............

Peter Kirsten is very funny and its also nice hearing inside stories of Graeme and Gary.