Cricket......

E1A104

So you would drop AB, Smith, Morkel and Tahir?

Tahir for Robin P - ok. But the other 3? Seriously???

Dont...take...the...bait!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

India vs England

1-1 in 3 match Test series.

3rd test now on.

'The Little Master' batting. Always awesome to watch.

India vs England

1-1 in 3 match Test series.

3rd test now on.

'The Little Master' batting. Always awesome to watch.

See he's on 67 now, wonder if he can get to 100 before the new ball. Sachin is not really that old, the groundsman at Eden Gardens is 83!

CORRECTION - 4 match series. India get what they want, wonder if teams are going to be angling to get more fixtures against the proteas now?

Eng dropped their vice captain, stuart broad - can't happen often. Only four quicks in the match, with a lot of spin already on day 1 being bowled.

some stats on the little master, including his current 69*

career ave:54.84

2012 - 28

since 2011 - 39

since 2010 - 55

since 2009 - 57

Edited by The Dictator

and in other news, Shane Warne, is well contemplating,um , go figure:

Shane Warne@ warne888

Clarification guys & thankyou for the kind words, but... I was asked 'could' I play not 'would' I play..yes, I could..didn't say I would !

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/ashes/news/121204/Warne_open_to_Ashes_return

Former Australia legspinner Shane Warne believes he still has the ability to play at the highest level and will consider coming out of retirement to play in next year's Ashes series if asked by captain Michael Clarke.

"If your best friend says, 'Mate, I want you to seriously consider making a commitment to Australian cricket and coming back out of retirement', (to) make myself available for selection, that's a different scenario,'' Warne, 43, told the Herald-Sun newspaper in Melbourne.

"Especially with back-to-back Ashes coming up next year, it could be a 12-month thing where you take three spinners with you and say, 'Righto, work with these spinners and see how you go for 12 months.' That's a different kettle of fish.

"I'm definitely not asking for Michael Clarke to come out and say that - that's a different scenario.

"You asked me if I think I could still play international cricket if I wanted to just turn up, do my bowling and if the first test match was in three weeks, do you think I could play, (then) I'd have no hesitation in saying yes - and I think I'd do pretty well."

Warne, who retired from international cricket in 2007, is the second highest test wicket-taker ever with 708 dismissals. He was named as one of the Wisden almanac's best five cricketers of the 20th century.

"From a purely bowling perspective, I don't think my form would be the concern, it's just the time and actually making that commitment again," he said.

"For me it's not a matter of whether I could do it or not - I have absolutely no doubt if I wanted to commit to try to make a comeback and go through grade cricket, first-class cricket and try to get selected...that I could do it."

Very well done to the flower power boys (AKA Mrs Smiths team.)

I didn't think the win would be as convincing as it was and you proved me wrong. For once, I am liking the taste of 'humble pie'.

AB and Hash were so hot they were on fire. Faf was fabulous. And the less said about Dean the better.

Can't wait to see the series on home turf against the black-caps and Pakkies.

and in other news, Shane Warne, is well contemplating,um , go figure:

Shane Warne@ warne888

Clarification guys & thankyou for the kind words, but... I was asked 'could' I play not 'would' I play..yes, I could..didn't say I would !

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/ashes/news/121204/Warne_open_to_Ashes_return

Former Australia legspinner Shane Warne believes he still has the ability to play at the highest level and will consider coming out of retirement to play in next year's Ashes series if asked by captain Michael Clarke.

"If your best friend says, 'Mate, I want you to seriously consider making a commitment to Australian cricket and coming back out of retirement', (to) make myself available for selection, that's a different scenario,'' Warne, 43, told the Herald-Sun newspaper in Melbourne.

"Especially with back-to-back Ashes coming up next year, it could be a 12-month thing where you take three spinners with you and say, 'Righto, work with these spinners and see how you go for 12 months.' That's a different kettle of fish.

"I'm definitely not asking for Michael Clarke to come out and say that - that's a different scenario.

"You asked me if I think I could still play international cricket if I wanted to just turn up, do my bowling and if the first test match was in three weeks, do you think I could play, (then) I'd have no hesitation in saying yes - and I think I'd do pretty well."

Warne, who retired from international cricket in 2007, is the second highest test wicket-taker ever with 708 dismissals. He was named as one of the Wisden almanac's best five cricketers of the 20th century.

"From a purely bowling perspective, I don't think my form would be the concern, it's just the time and actually making that commitment again," he said.

"For me it's not a matter of whether I could do it or not - I have absolutely no doubt if I wanted to commit to try to make a comeback and go through grade cricket, first-class cricket and try to get selected...that I could do it."

Just old fatty trying his best to stay in the limelight. It'll never happen.

I follow old Warney on twitter and his actually a pretty cool guy.

All the references to fatty is getting confusing. Smith, Warne, who's next?

All the references to fatty is getting confusing. Smith, Warne, who's next?

And just to make it more confusing, I have to admit that Warney is actually quite trim these days. Seems like Liz Hurley is doing something to keep him in shape.

CORRECTION - 4 match series. India get what they want, wonder if teams are going to be angling to get more fixtures against the proteas now?

Eng dropped their vice captain, stuart broad - can't happen often. Only four quicks in the match, with a lot of spin already on day 1 being bowled.

some stats on the little master, including his current 69*

career ave:54.84

2012 - 28

since 2011 - 39

since 2010 - 55

since 2009 - 57

He scored 70+ yesterday.

But precious runs as India was in trouble.

What a batsman.

4 tests? Okay.

Great.

Edited by ' Dale

He scored 70+ yesterday.

But precious runs as India was in trouble.

What a batsman.

4 tests? Okay.

Great.

India skittled all out for 316.

England are 216/1 at stumps Day 2.

Both teams only using four bowlers, surprising none of the part timers been given a chance.

Interesting to see Cook hit a rich tun of form once taking on the captaincy. Strauss has already been forgotten.

You've got to have money on england winning this series, either 2-1 or 3-1

I don't see it happening, but if India can somehow save this test with a solid 2nd innings and win the next one our lead on the test log will increase from 6 to 9.

Some very average bowling by the Indians. In general, the art of spin seems to be on the decline again after a decade or more of being on top.

In my opinion Ajmal is the only true world class, wicket taking spinner out there.

Edit - Maybe Swann as well

Edited by El Dodgius Bastardo

Yeah, Cook is cookin'. Doing very well.

And there's so much time left.

They'd wanna bat once and leave enough time and bowl the Indians out.

I like Zaheer's Oakleys. Lime or something colour frame.thumbup1.gif