Cricket......

E1A104

This is what happens when we play mostly to potential. I still think Steyn hasn't quite hit his straps properly yet.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the really good news is that winning this series means we're going to be #1 for a while now(assuming we can at worst draw with nz and pakis at home).

what remains unanswered for me:

*AB as a keeper, despite his one good innings I still don't think it's the long term answer for team and his career.

*spinner option. Tahir is not working, but shouldn't be dumped. I think our attack will vary on conditions from here on, Robbie p has done bloody well on his second 'debut', but even harry could get another look in here. Phangiso still has a lot to prove imho.

*batting lineup. can't drop Faf now, what will the mix be when JP comes back - think this could be the focus of the summer, but if our top order fires then the #6 position might not get tested against kiwis and pakis.

*how much longer kallis will play for. He's show that he is still in his prime as a batsmen, and could manage to stay in for at least 2 more seasons with limited bowling. He's been injured in three series this year alone, but the eye is still good.

*why Graeme Smith remains most unappreciated sportsman in the country.

the really good news is that winning this series means we're going to be #1 for a while now(assuming we can at worst draw with nz and pakis at home).

what remains unanswered for me:

*AB as a keeper, despite his one good innings I still don't think it's the long term answer for team and his career.

*spinner option. Tahir is not working, but shouldn't be dumped. I think our attack will vary on conditions from here on, Robbie p has done bloody well on his second 'debut', but even harry could get another look in here. Phangiso still has a lot to prove imho.

*batting lineup. can't drop Faf now, what will the mix be when JP comes back - think this could be the focus of the summer, but if our top order fires then the #6 position might not get tested against kiwis and pakis.

*how much longer kallis will play for. He's show that he is still in his prime as a batsmen, and could manage to stay in for at least 2 more seasons with limited bowling. He's been injured in three series this year alone, but the eye is still good.

*why Graeme Smith remains most unappreciated sportsman in the country.

I am glad That I am not the only person that thinks AB is wasting space in the team. Graham Smith is a great batsmen, but I think an avg captain. Morkel is over rated as a bowler. Tahir is also a waste of space!

This is getting ridiculous. All of a sudden we cannot bowl. The covers should have been on the pitch by now.

A bit harsh. We manage to beat Australia on the 4th day by 309 runs and still people criticize them??

Well done to the boys!!!clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

i just love how the new boys always do well in whats meant to be one of the toughest places to play cricket....

Last time out, JP was the Hero of the Tour of Aus, this time around i believe that Faf saved us!!!

Well done again to Biff and the lads...thumbup1.gif

Wanted to post this yesterday already while the "experts" were busy wading into the Proteas, but I did not get the time.

Guys, consider this. The Aussies were on the top of their game the previous two matches. The bowled and batted brilliantly. The Proteas on the other hand were having so-so games with both the bat and ball, but still held the Aussies out with relative ease.

Tells me the Proteas is the better team, period.

GO PROTEAS, YOU BEAUTIES!!!!!!

And I rest my case!!

Giving Clarke the Man of the Series seems to be very much a Boobie-prize. The player that affected the result of the series the most must surely be Faf. We all remember what he did at Adelaide, but lets not forget his contribution in this game. His 87 not out in the first innings was the difference between leading with 63 runs when we came out to bat again, affording us the opportunity to be positive.

Giving Clarke the Man of the Series seems to be very much a Boobie-prize. The player that affected the result of the series the most must surely be Faf. We all remember what he did at Adelaide, but lets not forget his contribution in this game. His 87 not out in the first innings was the difference between leading with 63 runs when we came out to bat again, affording us the opportunity to be positive.

Agree, Clarke was good (no, very good) but even his double hundred did not influence the series in the manner that Faf's heroics did.