Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

I'm using a giant road bike...and am very pleased with the quality...so you must just be seriously unlucky, sorry about ur bike.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"crank blades to the frame ripped through most of the lugs during pedaling the large blade is still intact proving that there was no hard knock to the crank itself"

Yet in the pic the mounts that "ripped"/broken are the mounts for the big blade. It would also have helped to have the "intact" chainring in the pic as well.

Sorry man, but the story doesn't match up. Will all the exaggeration and inconsistencies methinks you're talking porky pies.

This kind of damage resembles the bike falling off a bike rack while driving your car to/from an event... Atleast that's what it looks like to me as my mates bike looked similiar when his bike rack broke....

Maybe Jurgenbike should release the brake when pedalling. That way the brake lever won't break and the crank will keep intact.

Anyway, this is a bull***t story.

Edited by Spark

Never seen something like this before, sorry to say but it seems like a "bit" of bike abuse to me and the originator of this post disappeared? Cannondale and all other manufacturers, I recommend not selling this guy your bikes!

"crank blades to the frame ripped through most of the lugs during pedaling the large blade is still intact proving that there was no hard knock to the crank itself"

Yet in the pic the mounts that "ripped"/broken are the mounts for the big blade. It would also have helped to have the "intact" chainring in the pic as well.

Sorry man, but the story doesn't match up. Will all the exaggeration and inconsistencies methinks you're talking porky pies.

Exactly what I said on the first page...and then people attacked me with their remarks.

Never seen something like this before, sorry to say but it seems like a "bit" of bike abuse to me and the originator of this post disappeared? Cannondale and all other manufacturers, I recommend not selling this guy your bikes!

I'm not so sure I'd mess with this guy, assuming this is jurgenbike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A581EfvRHM&

Couple of issues there sunny!!! My opinion buy from a reputable bike shop and the warrenty should be honored by them.

On another note try placing top 3 in your cat in a national race and getting your money/recognition or an apology for that matter. No wonder big corporates dont want to sponsor cycling anymore.

I was shocked to hear the cheers in the tent, I was so looking forward to riding in the rain, it would have been an adventure. In my opinion W2W has allot to make up for, I don't feel like i have done the w2w this year and i still have some lunches and a breakfast that they owe me. The problem is that non MTB personal made the decision to cancel, these are people that did not want to get wet. I have ridden in mountain where rivers have burst there banks etc. We were doing the race and so 90% of the riders were experienced. W2W seams far to nonchalant about this whole thing, I was and am deeply disappointed.

I was there and it was a little rain shower,I had a bigger shower the evening before in their hot cold hot cold etc showers. I think the medics did not want to get wet. And the more difficult sections could have been closed. I was riding with a doctor who was more disappointed than me. They could also waited until 08h30 when the rain stopped, any way it is what it is, but I think W2W has some making up to do.

He sounds like quite a tough guy!

Does a dissapointed doctor carry more weight than anyone else?

He sounds like quite a tough guy!

Does a dissapointed doctor carry more weight than anyone else?

The doctor was dissapointed [sic] as he could not found any wounds with blood pouring out to try his jungle doctor skills on

He was dissapointed [sic] as the doctor saw through his little scam

That carbon handlebar almost certainly broke because of installation error or abuse.

Installation error: Torqued too tight.

Abuse: The brake lever was forceably moved around the bar and nicked the bar, causing a stress riser.

I do quite a few damage reports for insurance companies and accident lawyers and often the truth and the story presented are poles apart.

It would be interesting to examine the brakes, bar and crank.

I have had my trance x2 2009 for 3 years and ive ridden it everywhere and ive ridden it hard. I have replaced chain, casette, brake pads and gear cables but thats it, everything else has been rock solid. I have crashed many times and the bike keeps on trucking, i wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy another trance x. Only reason i wont is i dont like the new frame on the 2011 trance it look right. But dragons do need to defend themselves as its not cool to just ignore issues like this.

Edited by Stevief

That carbon handlebar almost certainly broke because of installation error or abuse.

Abuse: The brake lever was forceably moved around the bar and nicked the bar, causing a stress riser.

I do quite a few damage reports for insurance companies and accident lawyers and often the truth and the story presented are poles apart.

It would indeed - It would also be great if Jurgen took the trouble to actually interact on the thread he has created. i see him commenting on the W2W thread.

My personal opinion on ultra lightweight components - carbon bars and such like - unless you treat your bike with kid gloves and don't hammer the downhills - leave well alone. I have never broken any aluminium components in 17 years- even brake levers despite numerous crashes - the worst has been a dented frame - a Giant at that, but it was mine and a tree stumps fault, not Giant's.