What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wearing my bling watch today, the one you only wear at the office when you know you will not go anywear

post-53195-1398331913,9773.jpg

ONE DAY WHEN I STEAL MILLIONS AND MILLIONS RANDS WORTH OF RHINO HORN ILL GET ONE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

ONE DAY WHEN I STEAL MILLIONS AND MILLIONS RANDS WORTH OF RHINO HORN ILL GET ONE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Let me know if you need some help to carry the loot :ph34r:

1958'ish Submariner. I'm the 4th keeper of this watch in my family.

post-44068-0-56921000-1398326151_thumb.jpg

Nice, my father received an Omega Seamaster for his 21st birthday in 1963. Initials on the back etc. so very sentimental. I got it when he passed away (in 2001) and it wasn't working so well so it landed up in my drawer until late December last year when I decided to have it refurbished.

Off to the local Omega dealer who said they would send it of to the SA agents. Got a call two weeks later to say the guy was a little nervous to work on it and it would need to go off to the Omega factory in Switzerland for some proper TLC.

Got a call this morning to say it would be ready next week and they'd managed to find an original strap that the watch came with way back when (it's had an aftermarket strap for the last 30yrs). So, for a price tag of around R9K, I'm getting my old man's Seamaster back in it's 100% original state as refurbished by Omega. Pics to follow once I've collected it....

In the mean time, I'm wearing a Garmin fenix2...

Edited by Jigghead

wearing my bling watch today, the one you only wear at the office when you know you will not go anywear

post-53195-1398331913,9773.jpg

Looks a little tight that watch, you may want to knock Rolex up for an additional link there :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

My fossil. Was given to me as a 21st gift by my hubby. We were only married a year and a half, and had a baby on the way, and not much bucks......and he went out and spent money we did not have. I initially was quite mad...wont trade this for anything!

The nicest arm I have seen on this thread

Nice, my father received an Omega Seamaster for his 21st birthday in 1963. Initials on the back etc. so very sentimental. I got it when he passed away (in 2001) and it wasn't working so well so it landed up in my drawer until late December last year when I decided to have it refurbished.

Off to the local Omega dealer who said they would send it of to the SA agents. Got a call two weeks later to say the guy was a little nervous to work on it and it would need to go off to the Omega factory in Switzerland for some proper TLC.

Got a call this morning to say it would be ready next week and they'd managed to find an original strap that the watch came with way back when (it's had an aftermarket strap for the last 30yrs). So, for a price tag of around R9K, I'm getting my old man's Seamaster back in it's 100% original state as refurbished by Omega. Pics to follow once I've collected it....

Should look as good as new when you get it back.

Looks a little tight that watch, you may want to knock Rolex up for an additional link there :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Maybe not

post-53195-1398339007,5424.jpg

Edited by janfromnam

Mine was a similar story: originally from my grandfather, then brother then father.. I never knew the watch existed, and when I got it, it had been sitting in a draw for probably close on 25 years.. Discovered Chronos around the corner from me, R6k later it was serviced, new main spring and seals replaced. I deliberately didn't want it refurbed to showroom condition, so still looks as scruffy as the day I got it.

I've also decided that it will be worn everyday, if I ever get it valued I might change my minds!!

Tom

Mine was a similar story: originally from my grandfather, then brother then father.. I never knew the watch existed, and when I got it, it had been sitting in a draw for probably close on 25 years.. Discovered Chronos around the corner from me, R6k later it was serviced, new main spring and seals replaced. I deliberately didn't want it refurbed to showroom condition, so still looks as scruffy as the day I got it.

I've also decided that it will be worn everyday, if I ever get it valued I might change my minds!!

Tom

Ya it probably would, I was offered R35K for my Seamaster in 2001 when telling the story to a guy I met who dealt in old watches. I plan on wearing mine a lot, it's not good to me in the safe! Besides, the real value of this thing for me is the sentimental value, not the $$$'s...

Edited by Jigghead

My fossil. Was given to me as a 21st gift by my hubby. We were only married a year and a half, and had a baby on the way, and not much bucks......and he went out and spent money we did not have. I initially was quite mad...wont trade this for anything!

did you take it through Asia????

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/013/967013/967013_130216051813_blonde.jpg

assuming this is you?

Noooo, not me, I chose the name before I knew the book existed!

good, because that would have made you my wife's boss then. And I know how you woman talk, and it always comes back to bite us!