What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sits between the Fenix and the Vivoactive.

But more “rugged” than both.

Not as sports orientated as it's fitness orientated.What i like is the shock resistance.Seems to be made more for military and adventure races.

I just added an Instinct to my collection.

My trusty Edge 305 was doing duties up until a few weeks ago when we unexpectedly parted ways on a run down Gravity at Giba. The hunt was on for a new device.

I looked at a few (Suunto, Garmin, Polar) but they all look like they belong on the arm of a triathlete (which I suppose they do) I am a weekend warrior (at best) carrying around a generous helping of belly jelly that wants to measure heart rate and location with the convenience of the automatic syncing with Garmin Connect so that I get my Vitality points. I ride adventure bikes occasionally so the navigation function is also cool as well as the weather features.

My everyday watch was a Casio G-Shock Mudman and the Instinct ticked all my boxed. It was wrist based heart rate with all the associated metrics (excluding swim function and power measurement but I have no use for those facilities anyway) packaged into what looks like a G-Shock. (You either love them or you don't.)

I looked at a few options but they were either too small (I have big wrists) or they looked too sporty which didn't suit my unique physique. I have also read that the Instinct can take a beating so it suits my industrial work environment and my lifestyle.

It's been a few weeks now and I have no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...

They still make them and are available to order from your local Omega dealer lol! 

I have the baby... 

Seamaster 120

Mmmm very nice

Mmmm very nice

Unfortunately mine is a bit more worse for wear than that pic... but its ok, one day i'll get to it...