Coronation Double Century - 26 November

CycleTourWebbie

FFS, you lot can bitch and whine about nothing.

thumbup1.gif All the whiners, the sun is shining - GRYB. Great way to flush the sand out of the vaginal cavity.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you retarded?

Have you read the comments on this thread? Should answer your question.

But it is not in the rules....so how does a new team know about this?

its not in the rules to ask permission ?

its not in the rules to ask permission ?

yes, rules should mention that you can ask.....

already there are conflicting stories here, some say on the fastest 5 teams, others say that you can ask?

Should it not be spelled out in the rules?

Oi, i still have plenty of popcorn and coke :D

Nevermind that. I was at ElRidge at 6 am yesterday. All on my own. You guys suck.

My turn!

Well done and respect to all the riders, from first to last. And then to all who made it happen. It was a great race :clap: And I'm happy that the weather played it's part. Was very nice to wake up Sunday to the sound of rain and knowing you don't have to get up.

On the rules and regulations – come on dudes, if you want to get technical then every single team would've been disqualified for some or other infringement! I know the rules are there for safety, but I’m sure nobody did anything to jeopardize the safety of other competitors.

It was a great event – let’s not spoil it with bickering.

Ja it was me feeding David Marree. And the team is Cape Town Market. Nothing to hide, as we have the mail and sms's from the race org to give us permission to do that. LAst year we lost because we stopped to feed, will not make that mistake again :)

Ah. makes sense. Same thing she said. So why weren't you on the bike? :P

My apologies for the questioning but as far as I heard, it was a hectic 'uit *** sessie' at the support vehicle briefing.

And I'm happy that the weather played it's part. Was very nice to wake up Sunday to the sound of rain and knowing you don't have to get up.

If that weather had come a day earlier...I don't even want to begin to imagine the carnage and chaos it would have caused. you needed your wellies in Swellies Sunday morning

yes, rules should mention that you can ask.....

already there are conflicting stories here, some say on the fastest 5 teams, others say that you can ask?

Should it not be spelled out in the rules?

Dude, why so hung up on this? No offense, but if you didn't know about it, then you were obviously not in one of the top seeded teams. Did you ride? Did you enjoy it? Not taking anything away from anyone, but you can imagine how difficult it must be to try and cater for both the fast riders as well as the more fun riders.

Again - well done to everybody involved!

Ah. makes sense. Same thing she said. So why weren't you on the bike? :P

My apologies for the questioning but as far as I heard, it was a hectic 'uit *** sessie' at the support vehicle briefing.

Was on the bike, made my bigest mistake by replacing my Campagnolo Record with k@k Sram Red, and long story short, at the end off the day my rear derailer decided its time to go and visit the rear wheel...

I had a Lance Armstrong moment near Robertson. After sitting on the saddle for too long, I could not feel my right testicle :blush:

Dude, why so hung up on this? No offense, but if you didn't know about it, then you were obviously not in one of the top seeded teams. Did you ride? Did you enjoy it? Not taking anything away from anyone, but you can imagine how difficult it must be to try and cater for both the fast riders as well as the more fun riders.

Again - well done to everybody involved!

Read some replies here and you will see that those used it was almost cause carnage...the people on the moan day in and day out about followintg rules/ road rules etc take pics of riders not doing so and now all of a sudden it is ok?

snip

So WTF were so many riders doing on the right hand side of the white line. Are you retarded? The rules are clear, the race is in jeapardy and yet entire teams were slip streaming faster teams even if it meant riding three abreast to the right of the white line. On the Montague road we had a bunch of FIVE teams all slipstreaming group 241 (I think). Half of them on the RHS of the road. One team slip streamed us for nearly 25km on the into wind stretch after Robertson.

snip

Well, I can say I rode on the right of the white line - it was because there were so many effing support vehicles hugging the white line and not sticking left as instructed!

re sitting in slip - we made sure we moved past a team as fast as possible but there were some who sat in our slip - especially the last 10Km odd down the last hill and towards the finish. Support vehicle counted about two or three teams.... :thumbdown: I didn't care really - I was broken by that point.