Idiot of the day

Weight Weenie

So I'm sure you or someone else has done something stupid today, you know those total facepalm moments ?

Post them here, I'll start....

Today I tried activating our DSTV.

Without the smartcard in the machine :blush:

In an amazingly successful attempt to stay on the bike after having a high speed "moment" along the spruit yesterday I pulled a muscle in my back. Been on voltarens and in pain since.... falling would've hurt less.

me - yesterday - decided to go for a ride in an electric storm - when i saw electricity shorting between the lines on the powerline i hightailed it back home a little defeated

So I'm sure you or someone else has done something stupid today, you know those total facepalm moments ?

Post them here, I'll start....

Today I tried activating our DSTV.

Without the smartcard in the machine :blush:

I don't think anyone will beat that :lol:

I don't think anyone will beat that :lol:

Oh, I think I can...

Coming home from a jol one night (work drinks) in 2008. Middle of the Eishkom balckouts, and this night was one of those when the whole of CT was out. I get dropped off at my place, and I can't see where I'm going - hands on the walls type stuff. I'm also a bit peckish, and thirsty, and I remember I have some chips in the cupboard. But how am I going to find them?

Ah - I know - I'll open the fridge. That's got a light in it. It'll switch on when I open the door.

So I open the fridge door, and wonder, for about 2 minutes, why the light isn't coming on. Then the internal light comes on (inside my head) and it says - "damn. The bulb must have blown"

Double facepalm.

Oh, I think I can...

Coming home from a jol one night (work drinks) in 2008. Middle of the Eishkom balckouts, and this night was one of those when the whole of CT was out. I get dropped off at my place, and I can't see where I'm going - hands on the walls type stuff. I'm also a bit peckish, and thirsty, and I remember I have some chips in the cupboard. But how am I going to find them?

Ah - I know - I'll open the fridge. That's got a light in it. It'll switch on when I open the door.

So I open the fridge door, and wonder, for about 2 minutes, why the light isn't coming on. Then the internal light comes on (inside my head) and it says - "damn. The bulb must have blown"

Double facepalm.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

My brother-in-law was having a braai at my place on Sunday. They have a son (7 years).

He was playing with some toys and trying to order us around to do stuff for him. I told him (as in a joke) that it is not on, and I will put my foot down. As I put my foot down to illustrate the point, I tramp full into a fresh dog turd. The best is still to follow, I was barefeet.

I can still hear the family laughing.

Recently had some problems with equipment in my surgery - No power to the unit..... spent more than 45 minutes on the phone with a technician trying to sort out the problem. After going through a long list of possible causes, we decided to check wether the machine was plugged in (:thumbup: ), wall plug switched on (:thumbup:) and cable plugged into machine (:thumbup:) . He then suggested that I remove the plug and replace with a new one. We said our goodbyes and I fetched my varsity issue sidecutters (without insulation) and cut through the wire just behind the sealed unit plug............ while it was still plugged into the socket!! :blush: :blush:

Woke up a few seconds later with worried faces standing over me. My nails looked like they had been painted silver, arm felt like I pulled a muscle and my sidecutter had been rendered useless!! Guess it wasn't the plug then??:huh:

Funny thing is - when I finally got round to putting a new plug on it (safely this time), it worked perfectly!

Oh, I think I can...

Double facepalm.

Why did you not use your cellphone to shed some light :blush:

For whatever reason, I was discussing astronauts with my wife and how they are trained. After explaining the aeroplane diving towards the earth in order to simulate weightlessness to her she looks at me and says; " oh I thought they just made them breathe helium..."

Recently had some problems with equipment in my surgery - No power to the unit..... spent more than 45 minutes on the phone with a technician trying to sort out the problem. After going through a long list of possible causes, we decided to check wether the machine was plugged in (:thumbup: ), wall plug switched on (:thumbup:) and cable plugged into machine (:thumbup:) . He then suggested that I remove the plug and replace with a new one. We said our goodbyes and I fetched my varsity issue sidecutters (without insulation) and cut through the wire just behind the sealed unit plug............ while it was still plugged into the socket!! :blush: :blush:

Woke up a few seconds later with worried faces standing over me. My nails looked like they had been painted silver, arm felt like I pulled a muscle and my sidecutter had been rendered useless!! Guess it wasn't the plug then??:huh:

Funny thing is - when I finally got round to putting a new plug on it (safely this time), it worked perfectly!

That isn't the brightest thing to do, especially if you're a doctor...