Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

Endo does provide some amusement at times - this was from a while ago - seems 'they' reduced the accuracy of the gps signal or something...

post-1995-0-93944600-1322642030.jpg

post-1995-0-97821600-1322642057.jpg

If you use the pro version and activate the low power mode it decreases GPS accuracy a lot. Maybe this is the problem here. I have been using Endo for two years and the accuracy is excellent. Used it with Nokia, HTC Windows and now HTC Android.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will it cost to connect .do I pay internet or how do it work?

It is free. If you do not use the online tracking function and manually upload the workout afterwards it will use +- 500kb data. If you use the online tracking function it will use a little bit more data +- 3MB for a 4 hour ride I would guess.

Upload is easy, just press the button. Exceptional stats on the web. It really is easy.

Sports Tracker is also quite good. I prefer it as you do not need to go onto the internet to get all the details of you ride. Its all on your phone. Also it can be linked to a HRM.

Does Sports Tracker also offer live tracking?

If you use the pro version and activate the low power mode it decreases GPS accuracy a lot. Maybe this is the problem here. I have been using Endo for two years and the accuracy is excellent. Used it with Nokia, HTC Windows and now HTC Android.

I just use the free version. Both GPS and tracking don't seem to use much power. It saves the route and then downloads it one time when you finish the session. You can view the map etc on the phone if you want, but it's not much use on such a small screen.

The great things about Endo are:

1. it's free

2. it looks good - some of the others may provide the functionality, but man, they look lame.

3. it's intuitive to use - no learning curve.

4. it provides all sorts of figures - best 1km of the ride, best 1km/2km/5km etc etc of all time,

5. it provides profile of the route

6. should you want to, you can convert your tracks into google earth format etc and view it there - but why bother, it looks so much better on Endo?

I was a great fan of the polar software that came with the 725x but I find that I hardly use it anymore. I still download the exercise files, but all the analysis I do on my rides I do in Endo as it is just so user friendly.

The only gripe I have with it is that I also use it to track my motorcross routes, but it doesn't have an 'other' option for sport. So all my motorcross stuff is logged as 'downhill skiing' :)

I used Endomondo on my Sony Ericsson and Nokia. The Nokia is much more accurate. It even show on what side of the road I was cycling. The Sony cut and overshoot some turns.

Edited by Breezer

Also enjoy using endo... nice app, just wish it didn't eat so much battery power... then again my phone is getting rather tired.

Also enjoy using endo... nice app, just wish it didn't eat so much battery power... then again my phone is getting rather tired.

I used my nokia on the dc . Was on for 8 hours and only used one stripe of the battery. Turn of the pep talk and auto upload. If the auto upload is on it connect to the internet every kilometer. That eat battery power.

Does Sports Tracker also offer live tracking?

It is live on your phone, but I dont think it is live on the website.

I came across this app a few days ago and was blown away, especially since its free!! If your phone is GPS enabled and is one of the large amount of phones that its compatible with, then I would suggest giving it a try! All you do is start it and road cycle/walk/run/mountain bike/hike/etc.. and the app times your activity, and gives your distance with GPS accuracy. Then either on your phone or on their website you can check out the route you walked/ran/cycled it mapped on a Google maps like page and it gives a world of information of your activity.

Did I say again......its all free!! Its compatible with Android, Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry, Iphone, and more.

Check it out for yourself@: http://www.endomondo.com

Oh yeah, dont worry, I dont work for them, I was just very impressed by this app.

check out strava www.strava.com

Not too different from Endo. Can also find, follow and compete against firends, climb leader boards and all the rest.

Ok so help me out here pls... I recently got a Garmin e500 - been plying a little with garmin connect and map my ride... I like the web based tracking endo offers (basically so my kids can track me in a race etc) but don't want to be going to 3 different places to analyse my rides - so can endomondo do pretty much everything garmin connect / mapmyride etc can do including upload garmin files (incl HR info etc)...?

blink.gif

Not sure what happened there. Use mine of every ride and the GPS is more than accurate enough even when compared to my Mobii which is a dedicated GPS computer.

Me too. Found it to be quite accurate.