lightest 29er in SA?

ti guy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this ! :drool:

What it needs are some Ti Eggies, THM Claviculas or the like, R1 brakes modded with carbon lever and Ti bolts, single Tune Wassertrager (sp) cage, foam grips, scrubz rotors, kmc x10sl chain and then drop the bar ends :clap:

I would love to own and a build a project bike like this.

Weight Weenie approves.

Have they disconnected the nerve endings in your rear end and hands? Light - impressive but eish - an hour on a rocky race route and somethings gonna be sore. Give me 10 kg of epic 29er or even better 11kg of stumpy comfort any day.

:lol:After spending almost half my life on a bicycle, some 8 of those on a Tune Speedneedle saddle and more recently on an AX Lightness Phoenix [NO padding], I have no nerve endings in my rear end. The hands sometimes get a little sore, but my upper arms take the most punishment. I did a 6hr ride on Saturday in the mountains, quite rocky at times, and felt fine yesterday, except for the arms. But I will certainly not ride the Epic on a rigid fork - that is what the XX World Cup is for.

Love this ! :drool:

What it needs are some Ti Eggies, THM Claviculas or the like, R1 brakes modded with carbon lever and Ti bolts, single Tune Wassertrager (sp) cage, foam grips, scrubz rotors, kmc x10sl chain and then drop the bar ends :clap:

I would love to own and a build a project bike like this.

Weight Weenie approves.

Thanks! Ohhhh yesssss, how I would like all of those on the bike! For the time being, I will have to stick to what is on there, otherwise the sponsor will kill me. I would also dearly like the Tune Wassertrager [used them in 2004-2006], but they only take a conical bottle and PVM uses a standard bottle. The Tune Universal cage is heavier than the AX Nasdorowje. But the Scrubz rotors is a brilliant idea; I thought of Carbon Ti ...

Nice ride. Don't worry about the haters. Ride what you want, as long as you don't have bar ends on riser bars, which you don't, it's all good.

Nice ride. Don't worry about the haters. Ride what you want, as long as you don't have bar ends on riser bars, which you don't, it's all good.

my intention was never to "show off"

okee dokee. I suppose those of us who haven't done 5 Epics might have misunderstood the vibe you were going for here. We apologise, the bike is rad to the power of sick.

I'm off to the Campsbay strip to go and revv my lambo gillardo outside Caprice now. Not showing off, but merely just educating the general public to what a car that costs more than their house should sound like at 8000rpm.

okee dokee. I suppose those of us who haven't done 5 Epics might have misunderstood the vibe you were going for here. We apologise, the bike is rad to the power of sick.

I'm off to the Campsbay strip to go and revv my lambo gillardo outside Caprice now. Not showing off, but merely just educating the general public to what a car that costs more than their house should sound like at 8000rpm.

Gallardo dude Gallardo. Besides only losers still have Gallardos. Those of us with real money are driving Aventadors.

Gotta love haters on thehub - based on the responses to a fine and rare bike it's easy to spot the okes with inadequate willies...

Gotta love haters on thehub - based on the responses to a fine and rare bike it's easy to spot the okes with inadequate willies...

Those dudes who are concerned about being light…in the pants!

:)No apology necessary, as long as I can catch a ride with you on the Strip ... in the Lambo ...

Bugatti veyron supersport is also quite nice . Its funny how the hub is either people showing off new bikes ( no problem there) or people dissing them. Like the rest of the world I guess.

Don't be a hater, hater! Yes, it might be inconceivably expensive. But heck, it gets ridden. And it's somebody's baby...

That's gallardo. That's how its spelt on the back of my one anyway...

ja, but mine is a fibreglass one that I picked up from alibaba.com. It's probably lighter than yours.

I take it we haven't found a lighter 29er yet in this country, case closed. the rest of us can continue hating.

Edited by SteveCT