Will I become even more famous on the interwebs now?

Tankman

short answer = NO

here's some proper riding so you can decide if it's worth posting more 'stunts'

But it is still good to be compared to Brian Lopez!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he related to George? :lol:

I was going to ask exactly the same thing! :D

Seriously though, Mr Lopez's bit at 3:40-3:55 is absolutely insane.

Tankman, yours also ;)

yeah... frame rate looks extremely low!

I think the minimum setting is 30 FPS so my guess is that the editing software is to blame. Either that or the SD card being used has a low write speed so can't keep up with the camera.

I run my GoPro at 720p x 60 FPS. This is more than enough as far as resolution is concerned, and 60 FPS means your slow motion playback will look way more fluid.

Had it set on 960 x 48

The originals saved on my pc looks way way waaay better ... not going to upload 95MB for a 2min clip so unfortunately a lot of quality is lost during compression.

Uploaded this one at a higher resolution because it was smaller and it looks much better. Have only been playing with editing video since last night :rolleyes: More tips please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aaewk8pto8

Lekka Psy sound track, would be nice to a credit ...

Suggestion: One technique to make ridercams more interesting is to splice together a variety of view points.

I would love to give credit to the sound track but have no idea who, what or where it is. I have Gigs and Gigs of Psy, House & Trance stuff that I got from a Dj buddy ... no names, just track numbers.

Agree with the viewpoints but I am not keen on riding the same stuff again just to capture myself ... sorry but here singletrack get priority not the viewers :lol:

What is the cost of these cameras and where are the best places to buy them?

R3 699 from CWC Online

short answer = NO

here's some proper riding so you can decide if it's worth posting more 'stunts'

Next time I will add a parental guidance warning to the thread tile.

If you can not stomach footage of the dangerous riding I am involved in ... DONT CLICK ON THE LINK!

Tankman try it on the handle bar mount. i found the pic to be better. Just make sure u tighten it anywise u will be filming the front tire :whistling:

Tankman try it on the handle bar mount. i found the pic to be better. Just make sure u tighten it anywise u will be filming the front tire :whistling:

I briefly tried it on the handlebar and even though the view of the track is better, there is just too much vibration on the rough stuff :blink:

My head seemed more stable, from the outside anyway :lol:

My head seemed more stable, from the outside anyway :lol:

Mine too, except that I'm losing it - hair, I mean. :D

Hmm I am still torn between getting another helmet camera. I have the Drift 170 HD camera, but I am still in love with the Go-Pro. I was looking at getting the 960 and not the full HD version.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Tankman ... were you not wearing a helmet when doing that hectic drop off on your latest clip ... shame on you if so!

Hi Tankman ... were you not wearing a helmet when doing that hectic drop off on your latest clip ... shame on you if so!

No the camera was wearing my helmet, which was lying on the ground to give you that awesome view! w00t.gif