1st 50 km ride

Active Monkey

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um , am I the only one going: "50km in 3 hours? Did you have five punctures and walk the last 10km?"

Not really, I saw 1ST 50KM and stopped there. My thoughts were awesome. Keep going! We forget what it was like in the beginning.

Did my 1st 50 km ride today... Did 51.24 km in 02.58.46 was awesome!!!

I see that MTB marathon entry in the distance!!!

:clap:

Dude don't let anybody tell you it's slow or anything - keep it fun for yourself.

I stopped at a set of traffic lights and a guy with a really nice bike stopped next to me. I turned and said "howzit"...he ignored me flat...probably because his full suspension bike is waaay better and he can't be seen near me

I did 30km yesterday and did it with an average 22.6km/h...i was very satisfied and can also see my progress...

Um , am I the only one going: "50km in 3 hours? Did you have five punctures and walk the last 10km?"

Sheesh I'm glad I'm not you.

Well done to Jacques, soon it will be your first 100km ride!

Sheesh I'm glad I'm not you.

Me too, me too.

Can't stand this I'm not, ok, you're not ok, but that's ok, new age blah-de-blah.

Where's the will to do better?

Yeah, yeah, to each his own, I get that. But thank The Lord there are people whop strive for more and want to win. We'd still be in caves without fire if the blah-de-blahs ran things.

(edit: well done op, well done.)

Edited by TNT1

Where's the will to do better?

Yeah, yeah, to each his own, I get that. But thank The Lord there are people whop strive for more and want to win. We'd still be in caves without fire if the blah-de-blahs ran things.

(edit: well done op, well done.)

So you are doing the : Sometimes its kind to be cruel thing. :)

My brother does that with me but sometimes one need someone like that just to give you direction. And he can be frank.... but sometimes he's got a good point.

In my case .... I did my first MTB race (25km) in 2h58 and I almost came last. Now I don't come last. I trained very hard and the next year ... I finished 30min after the winner. So next year.....I think it time for the longer distance and then we'll see.

You must be patient too. :)

Good to break through the threshold of enjoying a climb on a bike. Now how about 73km Sabie Classic marathon in Feb? only 3070m of ascent :o

I also did a great 56km yesterday at Suikerbosrand in about 3 hrs+ , what a stunner of a day. And a good place to practice ur climbs, but I take my road bike there and the cadence up those climbs drops to 40-50, so unlike what one is used to with grannie gear on mtb (80+), don't know if that's a good thing or not ... ?

Good for you, important to push your goals as newcomer to the sport.

Keep it up and you'll find yourself improving in no time.

Never mind the sour pusses, the world needs even those things.

Never mind the sour pusses,

Yeah. If you wanted private succor, you shouldn't have asked for it in the tubes.

Shame TNT I feel sorry for you. Judging by the amount of posts you have done since you joined, you must really be a sad lonely person. Probably no friends cs everybody thinks your a wanker which you proved in this post and what most of us have noted already. Now instead of trying to rub of your pathetic and suicidal life onto others, be polite. You might just make a friend not that you would know what the fukk that is.

Shame TNT I feel sorry for you. Judging by the amount of posts you have done since you joined, you must really be a sad lonely person. Probably no friends cs everybody thinks your a wanker which you proved in this post and what most of us have noted already. Now instead of trying to rub of your pathetic and suicidal life onto others, be polite. You might just make a friend not that you would know what the fukk that is.

But not you, ok. Thanks.

So you are doing the :

I was doing the " I am stunned it took 3 hours to ride 50km thing..."

Shame that you all feel the need to get personal with me about it. I'm just an honest person. Sorry for that.

Anyway, like I said to the OP, you go, boy.

And I'm still shocked that it took so long. Keep training, you may get faster. Unless you are happy with where you are now, in which case, you go, you go.