money cant buy you skills

kamikaze

money cant buy you skills - this guy spent upwards of R30 000 on a 29inch mountainbike, but gave up 5 minutes into the ride at Van Gaalens cheese farm. There were about 10 riders of various skill levels on this ride, and ALL of them were awestruck by how unsportsmanlike this guy acted when things weren't going "HIS way" - his reaction is funny never the less!

in the end i had to chase after him for 5km. after i finally managed to catch him i had to give him a 10minute pep-talk to try and get him to join us again.

http://youtu.be/yQ954GB0l5c

Edited by kamikaze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we all started somewhere. give this dude some time, and after a few months of riding, show him this video again. the self doucheness will be self evident :P

we all started somewhere. give this dude some time, and after a few months of riding, show him this video again. the self doucheness will be self evident :P

he's been riding for a good couple of months, maybe more.

my point is, a salesman can make you believe that a piece of equipment will improve your riding, but if you are not willing to push your own limits incrementally, the whole exercise is pointless.

there were guys with less experience on the ride who did just fine.

"in the end i had to chase after him for 5km. after i finally managed to catch him i had to give him a 10minute pep-talk to try and get him to join us again."

Were you riding a 26'er? 'Cause if you were, and he is as unskilled as you say he is, and you had to CHASE him for 5 km, then it sounds like 29'ers MIGHT BE faster! :o

he's been riding for a good couple of months, maybe more.

my point is, a salesman can make you believe that a piece of equipment will improve your riding, but if you are not willing to push your own limits incrementally, the whole exercise is pointless.

there were guys with less experience on the ride who did just fine.

he has, and baulked at that slight decline? OI!!

He been riding country roads during those months or what?

But as has been said before, buying into any hype wont buy you skills.

ROFL! Damn, that wasn't even remotely technical.

And yeah, sense of humour failure of note. Go for skills training before trying to buy a better bike in the hope that it will make you a better rider...

ROFL! Damn, that wasn't even remotely technical.

And yeah, sense of humour failure of note. Go for skills training before trying to buy a better bike in the hope that it will make you a better rider...

Lol, I just love the way he asked his mates if this is the way the rest of the route goes in Afrikaans, then he does a half switch to English and then someone tells him in Afrikaans it gets a "bit technical"...

Then he gets upset and says well then "I'm going to farkaaaf"......farkaaf where exactly dude ?

Maybe he got peeved off because he had to arsk in Afrikaans twice and once in half English.... and it was just too tegnies fork his laaiking.

Funny... what a mommy's boy.

Edited by TheV

"in the end i had to chase after him for 5km. after i finally managed to catch him i had to give him a 10minute pep-talk to try and get him to join us again."

Were you riding a 26'er? 'Cause if you were, and he is as unskilled as you say he is, and you had to CHASE him for 5 km, then it sounds like 29'ers MIGHT BE faster! :o

Chopper :lol: