Site Updates: New look and feel

Matt

1. Add a full screen width option. On a 1920x1280 resolution only ~1240 is used. Wide screens are not there so web masters can waste space - a third on 1920x1280. And zooming the text is not an option, font size is quite comfortable when not zoomed.

2. Add an option to set the black banners on the side to another colour, it is hideous on a white/blue screen. Does the forum software allow for user chosen colour schemes?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look and feel of the forum. Just can't find any way of jumping to a page within a thread as the only option I have available is to go to next or previous page, one step at a time. Old layout showed pages and you could skip to the beginning or end. Is this a setting issue that I can overcome. Browsing on a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Thanks

I like the look and feel of the forum. Just can't find any way of jumping to a page within a thread as the only option I have available is to go to next or previous page, one step at a time. Old layout showed pages and you could skip to the beginning or end. Is this a setting issue that I can overcome. Browsing on a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Thanks

The pages feature you speak of is in almost exactly the same place as before, just moved to the left...

Looking great!

Just one thing ... when using the mobile site, the page numbers of a thread that has more than one page, does not appear underneath the topic heading. This means I need to click on the topic and browse through all the pages to get to the last page unsure.png

The black border on my Mac is gone this morning - I use I E.

w00t.gif

You must be the only mac user in the world that uses IE. Poor old Steve must be turning in his grave.

Edited by TNT1

Not sure why, but when I view the classifieds all the text has got some sort of code included (I'm using IE 8), not sure if my browser is the issue, or if its a setting I need to change somewhere unsure.png

I cannot seem to be able to load a picture, do I have to use the full editor, I read your reply to Drongo, but it does not seem to work for me or is it only on this thread wacko.png

I also cannot seem to reply to a specific post on thread, only the reply option at the bottom of the screen.

The black side bars have disapeared today, so thats great thumbup1.gif

Has the search function been upgraded, and possibly a few extra emoticons please?

Is it also possible to be able to go straight to your last post when going back to a thread?

Edited by Caerus

hmmm, what happened to the email notifications of thread updates,

I had my profile set up so that any time I respond to a thread, I'm following it, thus immediate notification via email on updates, noticed a couple of threads I've responded on, no email notifications.

recheck settings time.

G

hmmm, what happened to the email notifications of thread updates,

I had my profile set up so that any time I respond to a thread, I'm following it, thus immediate notification via email on updates, noticed a couple of threads I've responded on, no email notifications.

recheck settings time.

G

It seems some Notification settings go reset in the upgrade process.

You'll have to opt in again for email updates:

1. Click on your username on right had side of the top bar

2. Select "My Settings"

3. Click on "Notification Options" in the menu

4. Check the box in the Emal column for any items you'd like email notifications

email_noti.png

Chit Chat is not in this dropdown menu......

Not sure why that got left out blush.png It's back!