Site Updates: New look and feel

Matt

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Upgrade........thumbup1.gif

Agree with Niner... The Avatar looks Blur....... made me check my contact lenses to make sure they in properly laugh.png

You folks who say the black blocks on the outside are too big, the text too big, the avatars blurry - well, all you need to do is hold down the Ctrl button and tap multiple times on either the '+' or '-' buttons to zoom in or out and get the setting you prefer.

Edited by tombeej

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive comments and feedback. I've merged the "Love the new look and feel" thread with the announcement.

Unfortunately Internet Explorer users are the one's experiencing most of the trouble.

A few notes following some comments above:

• Red Scroll bar issue: I've updated the scroll bar so it should now default to a normal one and work correctly.
  • Active topics link missing: It's back!
  • Newest post / oldest post first: This is a modification which will be re-added in the next two days.
  • Alignment issues: Are you using Internet Explorer 7? PLEASE update it to IE 9 - it'll solve all these problems.
  • Narrow Width: I've added to the maximum width so those with a screen resolution above 1280x800 will have more space to play with.

I'm sure there will be a few more bugs and compatability problems. If you do notice anything or have any trouble please let me know and we'll sort it out ASAP.

Thanks,

Matt

Well done on the new layout, it looks great. Only problem is that in the old version there used to be a mark forums read button. If I check a single topic, then it is there, but if I check all new topics then the button is not there

Doesn't look right though....top left looks out of alignment by the nav bar and the Latest Forum Posts column. Nav bar also covering up the breadcrumbs line.

+ 1

Hi, does anyone know how to promote their ad (bump or sticky ad) in the new classifieds section?

It use to be under the 'My Classifieds' section but I can't seem to find it now?

Thanks for the assistance...

Well done on the new layout, it looks great. Only problem is that in the old version there used to be a mark forums read button. If I check a single topic, then it is there, but if I check all new topics then the button is not there

Hi Riyadh,

The "Mark all as read" is a little tucked away in the footer.

Look under Quick Links right at the bottom of the page "Mark Community Read". We'll make it a little more prominant.

BIG + so far, luv the fact that the whole page now fits onto my screen and dont need to use the side scroll bar to follow threads.

And it does seem to load the pages quicker