CWC Service

Iron

To the guys complaining about spending ten minutes in the store without someone offering them assistance immediately, I prefer it that way. Hate it with a passion if I walk into a shop and some eager beaver salesperson is on me and then shadows me the whole time. Like to browse first (especialy if it is a nice big, shiny, new shop like CWC with lots to see / gawk at). As soon as I'm ready, I'll call / go over to a salesperson and then ask for help if needed. Otherwise I just take the required / desired item off the shelf and go straight to the paypoint.

If it is a shop I'm familiar with and I know I'll need assistance, I immediately go to the closest salesperson and ask for assistance.

Easy as that.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well put!! I'm in 100% agreement..

PS: CWC...whatch out... I'll be coming in sometime soon....I need new helmut & shoez....ouch! gonna hurt the wallet.

Edited by Cassie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Service is attention & a smile when you enter through the doors.

I want the option to say "Nah, just browsing... I will call for you..."

It remains my 2nd choice shop.

Will always pop in there.

You very lucky. Went in on Saturday to buy the misses a road bike. After trying to get a staff members attention who said he would be with me "now" and still waited another 10min we left the store. Not once in the 20min we were there did any staff member come to assist us. On the other side of the coin they did give me good service just before they opened their new store however, this last visit left a bitter taste in our mouths. If you going to be busy, make sure you have enough staff for the demand.

I've never been to the store or dealt with them so I have nothing to gain. At the same time I have a jewellery store and when the day comes that I can predict when we are going to be that much busier that it warrants getting extra staff in I'll be a happy man. I understand your frustration at waiting, however sometimes you are either busy with something or a problem as such. In all honesty if you had gone in with a problem and halfway through they dropped you to attend to a customer you would understandably be hacked off. I also agree with the comment of being pounced on as you walk in, Sportsmans Warehouse are brilliant at that, within 5 min of being there I get asked 10 times if I need assistance. So with that I seldom go there now.

Edited by Abercrombie

To the guys complaining about spending ten minutes in the store without someone offering them assistance immediately, I prefer it that way. Hate it with a passion if I walk into a shop and some eager beaver salesperson is on me and then shadows me the whole time. Like to browse first (especialy if it is a nice big, shiny, new shop like CWC with lots to see / gawk at). As soon as I'm ready, I'll call / go over to a salesperson and then ask for help if needed. Otherwise I just take the required / desired item off the shelf and go straight to the paypoint.

If it is a shop I'm familiar with and I know I'll need assistance, I immediately go to the closest salesperson and ask for assistance.

Easy as that.

I hear what you saying mate, but I did go to a sales person to ask him about the goods. He was so bussy with what he was doing that he hardly looked-up while I was speaking to him. And that to me equals disrespect :thumbdown:

Edited by Reg Lizard

Hi everybody.

I am very sorry if we have let some of you down on certain days. Those of you that have bought from us before will most probably admit that we do our outpost to satisfy everyone that get into our store. It does not matter how big or small the deal is. We in any case cant see how much a client want to spend if he is entering the shop.

We never expected to be so busy on certain days. Last Saturday we had more than 400 clients entered our store. We are having students helping us and we are in the process to get more full time salesman. Please contact me should you not be happy with any service. My personal number is 083 6404823 or mail me on cwcycles@telkomsa.net. Those of you that we here on Saturday or some other days will agree that it is like a discount store having special sales.

Hope to see you soon.

sometimes you cant have 150 staff just because you have 150 customers. think about it what happens to that staff after 2hrs of being busy?

Visited the shop last Saturday for 10 mins just looking around. Was offered assistance twice so no complaints. Respect to CW for posting his personal details here and always being available, you will never please everybody but your doing a very good job trying. Thanks for the good deals!

I've never been to the store or dealt with them so I have nothing to gain. At the same time I have a jewellery store and when the day comes that I can predict when we are going to be that much busier that it warrants getting extra staff in I'll be a happy man. I understand your frustration at waiting, however sometimes you are either busy with something or a problem as such. In all honesty if you had gone in with a problem and halfway through they dropped you to attend to a customer you would understandably be hacked off. I also agree with the comment of being pounced on as you walk in, Sportsmans Warehouse are brilliant at that, within 5 min of being there I get asked 10 times if I need assistance. So with that I seldom go there now.

For me the best one is Incredible Corruption (Westgate anyway)! As soon as you enter the store there are loads of them waiting to pounce and fight one another for a victim, can't shop there anymore cause of that!

There was a shop in England called Richer sounds. small shops but high turn over in HIFI. They had stickers at the door . 1 was just browsing, 1 was i need help, 1 was a I'm HIFI virgin so they knew what level of service to give.. once you had been helped they replaced the sticker with a I'm Sorted. sticker.

they use to do lots of small things like if its raining gave u a free umbrella to get to your car etc.

Something similar to this happened a couple of years ago to a friend of mine's farmer in the Pilgrims rest area, to call him loaded would have been a under statement, local farmer...

Walked into local Mercedes garage, everyone knows him, but they had a new guy, started the day, manager was out for 5 seconds... you can picture, new guy just looked and smirked and ignored client.

Guy decided to leave, not buy a SLK, rather came to Jhb and bought a Ferrari...

G

My fathers cousin went to Hyndai to buy a IX35...he went dressed as a poor man, meanwhile he owns his own Jet that he flies corporates around with in the world....anyway....the sales lady gave him a laugh when he said he is interested to buy the car and testdrive it....so he left after being rejected..he went to a other Hyundai garage the same day and bought it there. Afterwards he went back to the one he got rejected at and showed her that he got his car from a other branch...she lost a lot of commission as well as a good sale due to him ordering another one for his wife also....so in my opinion, no way how cheap someone looks, they might have the cash so never judge ;)

PS: every time I go down to Cpt I try and pop into CWC, as far as stores are concerned, probably one of the very best, if not the best in SA, even highly rated against US and EU shops (travel allot).

Service, I try and walk around a couple of min, sus out the place, and then when ready look up and try and get attention of staff, I've had mix results at CWC, They are always friendly though, Chris Jr, even recognizes me, and it is not as if I'm one of his weekend locals/regulars.

So Kudu's to him and his team,

G

Mr Bender I agree fully with your sentiments :thumbup:

If I had a shop like CWC has I would want to know if there are customers that are unhappy. The reason of my initial post was not to flame them but to warn them that they should jack-up their act in their shop too. The on-line bussiness seems to be delivering the goods :clap:

Well my experience with the online shop was, excellent - I ordered something Sunday afternoon, got it delivered in GP Tuesday before 10, Next time I go to CT I will pop in for a personal visit. Well done guys.

Well...I had a dissapointing experience with CWC....frame cracked....waited over 3 weeks for a replacement (I had to email atleast twice a week), then paid in for a better one, I went to pick it up was told my someone that I am quite a big guy thats the cause of the crack but the frame will still be replaced (Thnx, next time sell it with a weight limit of 80kg....as I weigh 85kg when it cracked) now I got the new frame....whoohoo....take bike to be build up.....YAY! No dropout was given with for the rear derailer :thumbdown: I got there...takes them abot 30min to try get a dropout of a other frame (How hard can it be to undo 3 screws?) so they offer to drop it off, I said remember the bolts to put it on...went to go fetch my bike....drop out arrived....but no bolts...so now I am missing a paid up training session with my coach tomorrow due to the lack of listening to me and to actually keep a client happy. I supported cwc when my brother used to race...and even now...but this kinda pissed me off more than ever as I did explain during lunch time why I need the dropout...

I am a super unhappy customer and I doubt I was ever so dissapointed in my life!

Where was the drop-out coming from? Was this not all taking place within CWC and the workshop? :wacko:

Well my experience with the online shop was, excellent - I ordered something Sunday afternoon, got it delivered in GP Tuesday before 10, Next time I go to CT I will pop in for a personal visit. Well done guys.

Well that's if the online store has what you're looking for. The person looking after stock isn't doing a good job then, he needs to pay more attention to stock levels and not let things run out all the time :thumbdown:

There was a shop in England called Richer sounds. small shops but high turn over in HIFI. They had stickers at the door . 1 was just browsing, 1 was i need help, 1 was a I'm HIFI virgin so they knew what level of service to give.. once you had been helped they replaced the sticker with a I'm Sorted. sticker.

they use to do lots of small things like if its raining gave u a free umbrella to get to your car etc.

Yeah, I remember that store. Bought my Marantz amp from them. Little place in Fulham, just east of Fulham Broadway. VERY small shop, but LOADS of stuff and very knowledgeable staff. They helped me enormously in deciding which amp to go with my speakers.