Tennis...

'Dale

Serina complaining that she's been tested soo often, so much more than her opponents, 5 times this year, so how often do tennis players get tested, and how often is Sagan tested, as an example of a top ranked cyclist.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

meh https://tennishasadopingproblem358094286.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/fact-checking-serena-williams-claim-of-being-tested-two-times-every-week/

she's all aboard the TUE train 

Reports show Serena was granted a TUE for prednisone to help alleviate some of the coughing fits and other symptoms throughout the event.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Naomi Osaka, you did your nation proud, both in the game you played and in your character.

Americans, you can do better.

Not the first time Serena has acted that way.. I see she has now added the mother card to her deck of cards.

She should hang her head in shame.

It was her third code violation and resulted in a game penalty.. she knows the rules..she should've conducted herself better..

1st.. code violation for her coach coaching

2nd .. code violation for smashing her racket (point penalty)

3rd. code violation results in a game penalty, she received this 3rd violation for abusing the official.

Edited by Gen

Not the first time Serena has acted that way.. I see she has now added the mother card to her deck of cards.

She should hang her head in shame.

It was her third code violation and resulted in a game penalty.. she knows the rules..she should've conducted herself better..

1st.. code violation for her coach coaching

2nd .. code violation for smashing her racket (point penalty)

3rd. code violation results in a game penalty, she received this 3rd violation for abusing the official.

Yep, her coach admitted that he was coaching her, "but everyone is doing it".

I have hate it when people try to use that justification when they get caught out, it just doesn't hold up. You play within the rules irrespective of what everyone else does.

I have hate it when people try to use that justification when they get caught out, it just doesn't hold up. You play within the rules irrespective of what everyone else does.

Exactly.

Just another view on this issue...

http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/318529/opinion-why-serena-williams-fight-should-make-us-all-feel-uncomfortable

I read that, and I know you might only be pointing out another perspective but I need to vent somewhere and this is as safe a place as ever to do that. So I am not aiming this at you but rather at the whole focus around Serena.

Fact is her handling of the entire situation robbed a brand new Grand Slam winner from the opportunity to celebrate her victory, it became a story about Serena and how the system was against her.

I have 1 daughter and another one on the way. There is no way that I would allow them to use the behavior of others as an excuse for their own bad behavior and mistakes.

I get that my girls are going into a world which is loaded against them, but so is everyone else.

A black person has the advantage of BEE, but the disadvantage of History and their social economic background.

A white person has the prejudice imposed by BEE, but the advantage of their public schooling system which is way better than their black counterparts, plus social economic standung.

You play the cards you are dealt with to the best of your abilities within the rules.

That ref could have given Serena that third code violation much earlier, he was very patient. The first two code violations were given within the rules, that can't be disputed.

I can assure you that Serena would have just gotten more intense with her abuses at every change over. This isn't an isolated incident, otherwise I would have given her the benefit of the doubt.

My heart broke for Naomi as the crowd boo'd during the prize giving and she burst into tears. The fact that Serena eventually silenced their boo's did not redeem her, it just showed that she realized she was the only one who could calm them down.

I read that, and I know you might only be pointing out another perspective but I need to vent somewhere and this is as safe a place as ever to do that. So I am not aiming this at you but rather at the whole focus around Serena.

Fact is her handling of the entire situation robbed a brand new Grand Slam winner from the opportunity to celebrate her victory, it became a story about Serena and how the system was against her.

I have 1 daughter and another one on the way. There is no way that I would allow them to use the behavior of others as an excuse for their own bad behavior and mistakes.

I get that my girls are going into a world which is loaded against them, but so is everyone else.

A black person has the advantage of BEE, but the disadvantage of History and their social economic background.

A white person has the prejudice imposed by BEE, but the advantage of their public schooling system which is way better than their black counterparts, plus social economic standung.

You play the cards you are dealt with to the best of your abilities within the rules.

That ref could have given Serena that third code violation much earlier, he was very patient. The first two code violations were given within the rules, that can't be disputed.

I can assure you that Serena would have just gotten more intense with her abuses at every change over. This isn't an isolated incident, otherwise I would have given her the benefit of the doubt.

My heart broke for Naomi as the crowd boo'd during the prize giving and she burst into tears. The fact that Serena eventually silenced their boo's did not redeem her, it just showed that she realized she was the only one who could calm them down.

Yep not an isolated incident.

When the chips are down she often lashes out.

With these actions she is doing harm not good towards women in sport.

You can't to anything about the actions of others but can do something about your actions.. her behaviour on court was disgusting and we've seen it many times before.

She is arrogant and uses her success in the sport to get away with a lot.

Edited by Gen

I did not realise that Serena was South African!. BEE is not a US policy, but rather AA is a US policy within limits.  Also Serena was playing against a mixed race player of Japanese and Haitian, so if the race card was to be played, her opponent has a stronger claim on that.

Serena is spoilt and thought her power of incumbency would overwhelm her opponent and intimidate the judge.  Also to use the gender excuse is laughable, as it is "ladies" tennis and yes more lady-like behaviour is expected.  Though I can see the days of John McEnroe antics in men's tennis is also going to come to an end as a result of Serena's jibes and groans.

In the end she messed up her race to glory and made another player, one with her own racial demons suffer unnecessarily.  Also she only provided evidence to outdated biases and opinions.  Stupid is what stupid does. 

Based on what I've read, while I don't approve of the way Serena behaved, that umpire clearly decided he wasn't going to let an uppity black woman talk to him like that and he abused his power to try and put her in her place.

* This view might be slightly prejudiced by the fact that James Woods supports the umpire.

Based on what I've read, while I don't approve of the way Serena behaved, that umpire clearly decided he wasn't going to let an uppity black woman talk to him like that and he abused his power to try and put her in her place.

* This view might be slightly prejudiced by the fact that James Woods supports the umpire.

I think your appendix says it all. Your first paragraph, if said by others in the format of 'I don't condone how Donald Trump behaves but...', would have most of us debating it's logical merit, so I must call the same on this one.

She behaved terribly. Fix the way the inconsistency of behaviour is handled with the men and women, and don't bring bogus feminist rhetoric into it.

* Perhaps my view is biased by the other girl on the other side of the net having to deal with that nonsense, whether as a result of Serena herself or Tennis bodies not having their act together.

I think your appendix says it all. Your first paragraph, if said by others in the format of 'I don't condone how Donald Trump behaves but...', would have most of us debating it's logical merit, so I must call the same on this one.

She behaved terribly. Fix the way the inconsistency of behaviour is handled with the men and women, and don't bring bogus feminist rhetoric into it.

* Perhaps my view is biased by the other girl on the other side of the net having to deal with that nonsense, whether as a result of Serena herself or Tennis bodies not having their act together.

"Bogus feminist rhethoric".

That's where my problem comes in. You and James call it that, while I saw a tiny using man using his tiny power to lash out at a woman who had dared to embarrass him in public. Something he never did while enduring similar or worse from Nadal or Kyrgios, from what I've read.

"Bogus feminist rhethoric".

That's where my problem comes in. You and James call it that, while I saw a tiny using man using his tiny power to lash out at a woman who had dared to embarrass him in public. Something he never did while enduring similar or worse from Nadal or Kyrgios, from what I've read.

You misunderstand me. The idiot who handled the kyrgios match is the one at fault. His handling of that match was wrong. Call it what it was and I'll be happy.

But Serena's behaviour was not gender specific. The umpire reacted to it as he should have. Cornet's was sexist because it was a different stupid rule. Serena's wasn't.

Making hers a sexist issue is becoming the thing you are fighting against, by objectifying the correct response by the umpire. Her 'they all do it' is exactly the same as her coach reacting as 'they all do it' or the Lance Armstrong justification.

By all means identify the specific act of sexism in tennis which was the Kyrgios case. But don't contextualise this into something it isn't.

You misunderstand me. The idiot who handled the kyrgios match is the one at fault. His handling of that match was wrong. Call it what it was and I'll be happy.

But Serena's behaviour was not gender specific. The umpire reacted to it as he should have. Cornet's was sexist because it was a different stupid rule. Serena's wasn't.

Making hers a sexist issue is becoming the thing you are fighting against, by objectifying the correct response by the umpire. Her 'they all do it' is exactly the same as her coach reacting as 'they all do it' or the Lance Armstrong justification.

By all means identify the specific act of sexism in tennis which was the Kyrgios case. But don't contextualise this into something it isn't.

Not sure I understand your post.