Just disappointed Complete Cyclist Hout Bay

Adder

Let's hope they don't break in again this eve and steal all the cookies ...

aagh, you will probably find it on the counter under the till

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuna and rice crackers for me :(

At least you are allowed Tuna, Ive only had them plain.

The shop was broken into via the roof, I'm sure there was a thread about it about two weeks back.

When you are out riding then its an emergency situation and you have no other alternative to bombs, unless you know Mr big bad wolf and can get him to huff n puff.....

But when working at home you have a floor pump or the local garage with a compressor.

'n Vloerpomp..... sies jou vuilgat!!!!!!!

its easy just to say "oh im not getting into a mud sling etc... bla bla bla" and pretend to take the "higher moral" ground when you are guilty and to dismiss the OP.... but buy NOT coming out and telling their side they ARE HIDING SOMETHING.... and say what you want..... recovering a stolen bike and NOT letting the owner know IMMEDIATELY is VERY dodgy and unprofessional.... or were they going to wash it for him before they told him??

Maybe the OP did not have the time to do the job himself? just because he was/is a mechanic doesn't mean he MUST do it... anyone with that idea is deluded.... !!!!

but anyway..... there will be the Nay and YAY sayers..... BUT... put yourself in the OP's shoes... what would all you PERFECT hubers do.... oh wait, i know, bend over and take it from the LBS.... as usual..... its because you do this that there is almost a daily rant about LBS services..... you are part of the problem......

post-12015-0-73925700-1328348270.jpg

Dear HubSA follower of this thread,

An 'unofficial' committee of Hub riders did a Carte Blanche like interview with Complete Cyclist this morning.

The coffee was lekka.

The muffins even better.

The free refreshments did not prejudice our judgement and subsequent assessment of this scenario. :w00t:

We conducted an in-depth interview with one of the owner-managers and can draw the following conclusions :ph34r: :

1/ There is a lot more to the story and cannot be disclosed here.

2/ If you want to, out of consumer interest, get more information, CC is available to discuss it over a cuppa.

3/ I will return to Complete Cyclist to rest my bones and chow on a giant biscuit.

I am confident that my fellow riders (machines reflected in pic above) would concur.

Yours sincerely.

:whistling:

Edited by ' Dale

or were they going to wash it for him before they told him??

You have a valid point there, my good man.

Sitting in vida at constantia village reading this thread with interest and a big smile on my face. No tuna, no rice crackers, just a double macchiato and a muffin.

Dale, glad you got down to the scene of the crime *ahem* and cleared all that up, can we expect to see a 1 hour special tomorrow at 7pm?

Dale, glad you got down to the scene of the crime *ahem* and cleared all that up, can we expect to see a 1 hour special tomorrow at 7pm?

Tiny K is almost as tall as Derek Watts.

Yeah, expect anything (inspired by the vibes on HubSA). B)

Edited by ' Dale

Coffee, biskits, popcorn, choobless and loyalists aside, I'm still fascinated by the Messiah-like re-appearance of said bicycle.

Unless it is the subject of a delicate police investigation, out with it. Please.

post-12015-0-73925700-1328348270.jpg

Dear HubSA follower of this thread,

An 'unofficial' committee of Hub riders did a Carte Blanche like interview with Complete Cyclist this morning.

The coffee was lekka.

The muffins even better.

The free refreshments did not prejudice our judgement and subsequent assessment of this scenario. :w00t:

We conducted an in-depth interview with one of the owner-managers and can draw the following conclusions :ph34r: :

1/ There is a lot more to the story and cannot be disclosed here.

2/ If you want to, out of consumer interest, get more information, CC is available to discuss it over a cuppa.

3/ I will return to Complete Cyclist to rest my bones and chow on a giant biscuit.

I am confident that my fellow riders (machines reflected in pic above) would concur.

Yours sincerely.

:whistling:

What happened to the cookies?

Coffee, biskits, popcorn, choobless and loyalists aside, I'm still fascinated by the Messiah-like re-appearance of said bicycle.

Unless it is the subject of a delicate police investigation, out with it. Please.

Rather let the two people directly involved in this matter speak out themselves. All I can say it is not exactly like OP posted (he's not far off, but there is info he did not divulge, that changes the matter substantially).

What happened to the cookies?

Ah, the cookies. Well, we could choose between the monster cookies or muffins. Being cyclists, we all obviously chose the muffins. :D . So sorry, cannot comment on quality of the cookies.