[Event] MTN National XCM #5 Mabalingwe Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Yes had the chain off twice... So maybe I could have been in the top 10, but such is MTB. Thank for the advise I'm for sure going to invest in a chain guide as this happens to me on a regular basis going down descents and having to put my chain back on at the bottom. Started to think it had to do with my riding style, or gear selection....

Could it be or am I one of the few with this issue?

You have 2 options, or maybe 3. You can either set your gears to the largest infront and large at the back, this should have enough tension to keep the chain on, but you run the risk of clipping your deraileur on a rock. The other extreme is small & small, then your deraileur is nice an high off the ground, but chances are good your chain will come off. Both the aboth are not ideal if you intend on pedaling rapidly down the decent. that leaves option 3 :blink: somewhere inbetween.

Edited by HJV1999

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is now double standards, which is totally unacceptable!!

Last year at the Sani2C, Team 360Life missed a turn (due to outside interference - truck that blocked the view of the sign) and they lost the race!

It is not the first time this has happened at a MTN/Nissan event! If you have a split in route, you as the organizers must ensure that it is VERY clearly visible! Not just one sign. What about having warning signs 200m and 100m prior to the split. It is very easy to miss one sign, but if your miss 3 or more, you as the rider are to blame.

The problem was not the lack of (hidden) signage, but rather a very excited Marshall actually directing traffic onto the wrong route. With the Marshall in place I certainly wasn't trying to follow a hidden signboard.

Looking at all the DNF and the disclaimers above each results page, it seems that Spectrum Sport had major timing issues and data problems, rather than 40 riders taking a wrong turn...

I am DNF.yet i finished half marathon in 2h02.??

That's for sure!! When I searched the results by my surname, my wife’s name popped up as a DNF on the 20km – she wasn’t even entered for this event!!!

Looking at all the DNF and the disclaimers above each results page, it seems that Spectrum Sport had major timing issues and data problems, rather than 40 riders taking a wrong turn...

Will everyone who's results are not correct please send an email to sas@advendurance.com with your details Name, Surname, ID number or SASnumber.

Thanks

Will everyone who's results are not correct please send an email to sas@advendurance.com with your details Name, Surname, ID number or SASnumber.

Thanks

E-mail sent. Would be VERY MUCH appreciated if SSTiming sorted this mess quickly, before the race is forgotten and nobody cares to check the results anymore!! It's been almost a week now and nothing seems to have changed on their results website!

Edited by Vanilla

That's it then I guess, no update, no acknowledgement and no change. Some riders took a wrong turn, it wasn't their fault and it wasn't the first time and definitely won't be the last time this happened. Add to this 'data issues' and you end up with a unholy mess and a fantastic event that will be remembered for the routing and time-keeping shambles.

Oh well, see you there next year or at the Nissan Series.

SSDD.

Car dealerships, event organisers, timing companies, letting agencies etc etc the list is never ending. No matter who you deal with, you turn into nothing once they have their money. It's the way of the world we live in.

Might as well accept it and move on.

With due respects to the Adventurance, I think the event lost a bit of its soul by being swallowed but the 'series' - corporate brands and all.

This is a danger for mtb events, given the rising popularity.

I wonder how long they are going to take to add the race to the SASeeding database. It can help me with a better seeding for the first Nissan Trailseeker if they uploaded it in time. But yes, "in time" for us and for them doesn’t have the same meaning!!

:whistling: FFS what is the big deal ? I started at 8 and finished 12:45 . that gives me just under 5 hours . I know for a fact I did not win , so lets go and try the next race .

:whistling: FFS what is the big deal ? I started at 8 and finished 12:45 . that gives me just under 5 hours . I know for a fact I did not win , so lets go and try the next race .

lol, you better train harder then!!

WOW are you a pro? 115km (08h00 start) in just under 5 hours, great job!