Radio dj complaining about cyclists

Cippo

ride @ 5am when theres no-one on the roads.

I do. I also drive around in my car occasionally. This apparently ma-hoosive impediment to motoring efficiency hasn't really affected me yet. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Anyway, if you do cycle 4 abreast whilst gesticulating wildly at hooting vehicles then you are a fool. This must be self-evident?

Or maybe this issue is the motorist equivalent of curtain twitching? A smalltalk wheel-greaser so to speak.

Motorists actually need the annual Argus brigade to ride like suicidal numpties. Because it gives them something to agree on whilst they are all trying to kill each other in ways too numerous to list here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I complain about cyclists. Like the Engnet chicky swerving between traffic on Elizabeth rd at 6h00 this morning. One day she'll (and others like her) will get knocked over because of their arrogance and we all cry 'damn motorists'.

I do. I also drive around in my car occasionally. This apparently ma-hoosive impediment to motoring efficiency hasn't really affected me yet. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Anyway, if you do cycle 4 abreast whilst gesticulating wildly at hooting vehicles then you are a fool. This must be self-evident?

Or maybe this issue is the motorist equivalent of curtain twitching? A smalltalk wheel-greaser so to speak.

Motorists actually need the annual Argus brigade to ride like suicidal numpties. Because it gives them something to agree on whilst they are all trying to kill each other in ways too numerous to list here.

everyone who doesnt cycle loves to hate the argus

I wish we could write software that kills off any thread with the word "abreast" in it.

It is just so that you can keep abreast of threads that is all.........

Maybe it was Niner whistling.gif

Nope, but if you would like to give to credit to me you are more than welcome.

The problem is not the cyclist and it is not the driver,

it is the egocentric - immature - emotionally challenged individual.

So lets find some way to help these people.

Agree, that is the point I wanted to make the other day. Drove in to work for the a few days in a row now and the general behaviour on the road is shocking to say the least.....

Cellphone seems to be the biggest problem I would say...people do not respect each other anymore.

Hell, I complain about cyclists. Like the Engnet chicky swerving between traffic on Elizabeth rd at 6h00 this morning. One day she'll (and others like her) will get knocked over because of their arrogance and we all cry 'damn motorists'.

If traffic is at a standstill, why not? Same with motorbikes travelling between lanes/traffic. As long as it's not at a reckless speed, it's allowed.

Besides we're also supposed to leave a certain distance around our cars.

The problem is not the cyclist and it is not the driver,

it is the egocentric - immature - emotionally challenged individual.

So lets find some way to help these people.

Finally thumbup1.gif .... Saffers love to hysterically play into stereotypes though, before looking to the individual within.

But what is it with people?? Whenever an issue is raised (like cyclists' safety) someone has to throw a punch back? I am so sick of that 'it's your own fault' & 'you deserve this' (basically you're vermin attitude)...

Here's a response to a Daily Dispatch online article about cyclists needing to protect themselves from attack...

Wait for it, you guessed...

Your comments

Rob [11 February 2012 10:40]

"Cyclists and runners are starting to become as much of a danger to motorists. I've had situations where both 5am groups in particular occupy the entire width of a lane including one way roads coming straight at you and not moving aside and it has always amazed me how they can't hear a diesel engine behind them. And just because Robots are RED doesn't make it tight to jump them either. If scooter can stop and wait then so can you."

HOW ARE CYCLISTS AND RUNNERS A DANGER TO MOTORISTS??????????

But this is how people think, if you can call it that.

Nope, but if you would like to give to credit to me you are more than welcome.

Just yanking your chain

Must agree with a few comments in this thread. My opinion is that the general "state of the nation" is very poor especially when it comes to roads and the people who use them. The biggest problems being we have become totally intolerant of other road users, we race around like the world is coming to an end, we have complete disdain for the law. No one cares. Everyone just wants to get somewhere 10 minutes faster without a care of the people around them. This includes all of us motorists, runners, cyclists, motorcyclists, walkers, pedestrians the whole damn lot. We buy our drivers licenses ? WTF ? It all started in and around 1994 ....... and has spread like a cancer and continues to comsume us.

The problem is not the cyclist and it is not the driver, it is the egocentric - immature - emotionally challenged individual. So lets find some way to help these people.

If the ****holes are riding 3 or 4 abreast, how on God's earth can it not be their fault?