Rugby...

'Dale

aye scotty; who remembers when I think it was careldup obviously told the boks not to kick; at all. It was against Arg and what a strange game (although we eventually won I think). Kicking obviously has its place but at least do it cleverly and stop if its not working. But, thank goodness, I'm not a true knowledgeable fan, just fair weather part time.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SA rugby magazine shared this stats report from Fox Sports Aus on Facebook. If you go by the numbers then South Africa shouldn't have lost the match. That we did is testament to the fact that it isn't how much possession or territory you have or how many passes you throw and phases you put together it is how good a collective use you make of all those aspects. The Boks need to be smarter and more accurate going forward.dd901c0ea4ae509d8c71212a8f4c4c43.jpg

aye scotty; who remembers when I think it was careldup obviously told the boks not to kick; at all. It was against Arg and what a strange game (although we eventually won I think). Kicking obviously has its place but at least do it cleverly and stop if its not working. But, thank goodness, I'm not a true knowledgeable fan, just fair weather part time.

Harry Viljoen was coach

Harry Viljoen was coach

Aside from Carel Dup and AC probably the coach that made the strangest decisions. Great when it worked, absolutely awful when it didn't.

Terrible performance by the Springboks.

Argies just showed how easy it easy to actually beat the Boks.

Rattle them slightly up front in the scrums and rush defense on 10 & 12.

We had no plan B (we never have a plan B).

I still have some hope left though

Terrible performance by the Springboks.

Argies just showed how easy it easy to actually beat the Boks.

Rattle them slightly up front in the scrums and rush defense on 10 & 12.

We had no plan B (we never have a plan B).

I still have some hope left though

Do we have a plan A? oh yes. we do - skop en jaag...

SA rugby magazine shared this stats report from Fox Sports Aus on Facebook. If you go by the numbers then South Africa shouldn't have lost the match. That we did is testament to the fact that it isn't how much possession or territory you have or how many passes you throw and phases you put together it is how good a collective use you make of all those aspects. The Boks need to be smarter and more accurate going forward.dd901c0ea4ae509d8c71212a8f4c4c43.jpg

well at least we won it on paper...

This performance was definitely a step backwards, on what I thought was an upward trajectory.

Hopefully this won't have an overly negative effect on team confidence. We'll need a convincing performance against the Aussies on the 8th.

well at least we won it on paper...

I'd much prefer it if we just simply won rather than win "on paper". Got to feel a bit for Rassie though as most of the SA Super Rugby coaches lack the necessary rugby IP to assist in ensuring that our players are better mentally than what they are currently. Simply put even Hansen would struggle to get this team to be as good as his Welsh team that won the 6 Nations in 05 was it!?! Can't quite remember of the bat. And that says a lot doesn't it.

This performance was definitely a step backwards, on what I thought was an upward trajectory.

Hopefully this won't have an overly negative effect on team confidence. We'll need a convincing performance against the Aussies on the 8th.

Hard to say. I guess we'll know the answers when we play them then. What they do have though is time to regroup, be honest with themselves about what went wrong and work hard on fixing it long term. At least Rassie openly acknowledged that last weekend was poor on their part and that he too has things to improve on. The 8th will be an interesting day.

Those are the same stats of teams playing against the NZ teams (ABs, Crusaders etc).

Holding onto the ball means nothing if you can't function under pressure and create opportunities. 

Those are the same stats of teams playing against the NZ teams (ABs, Crusaders etc).

Holding onto the ball means nothing if you can't function under pressure and create opportunities.

100% true. It's about how well you use what have and how well you adapt to the match situation. If Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland and yes, even the bloody Aussies, had our stats from our game against Argentina they'd have put up 50+ points and not concede as many as we did.

Good stats mean very little if it isn't backed up with intelegent play and accurate execution of one's game plan. What I'm worried about is that we don't have the coaches at domestic level to assist Rassie with ensuring that that part of our game gets better to the point of being on par with the home unions and NZld.

This team has a habit of leaking tries and then playing catchup.

3 tries in ten minutes, just this time they couldn't reverse it.

did enough to win the game the rest of the time, but the ABs won't be so accomodating.

The one thing I noticed on the day is that we had runners that got isolated and then conceded penalties for holding on to the ball. This happened on numerous occasions. I guess a consequence of being out muscled while attempting the crash ball