Rugby...

'Dale

Jantjies kicking everything away, and Mapoe not making any impression. And everyone Thought these Guys will shine.....

Test rugby is a different beast!

No intelligent play form the boks.

Like the way Faf played.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leeubok thanks for the info re which thinking AC went for re WW & DV as unfortunately (or perhaps very fortunately) I don't have access to the tv broadcast being on a ship. Had to make do with SS's mobile site's commentary. As you could imagine not a happy camper at the moment and find it a touch inexplicable that the wheels came off so dramatically. The Irish do have the luxury of having a more experienced team but ours should be more talented. Kudos to them though they came with a plan and executed it well.

As for Strauss - the sooner the captain's armband is removed from him the better. In ideal world it should pass onto DV (he should've been captain post JdV imho), however with AC wanting a local captain it should be passed onto WW which would mean an elevation to the starting line up for him. Leaving the loose trio to be Louw at 6, WW 7 & DV 8. Louw retaining his place in view of his experience with Kriel on the bench.

3 things:

Where was the leadership?

Critical to a team situation.

What a crucial role and Strauss was invisible.

Impatient play by the Bokkies:

The Irish is a very organized defensive system especially with the forward-based play of the North.

Too much rushing and 50-50 passes, instead of building the phases, letting the forwards grind and grind....

Lack of cohesion:

I appreciate that the team is in a new space of rebuilding. The most forgiving aspect about their play. And the Irish, very very settled, could exploit this despite their red card incident.

Test 2 is gonna be intense

Must-win, do-or-die ????

Been a bleak weekend for Bok rugby. SA'A' lost yesterday, the Boks & U20's lost today!

Jantjies kicking everything away, and Mapoe not making any impression. And everyone Thought these Guys will shine.....

You can only shine if your pack of forwards are playing well and giving you decent ball

This to me was telling.  We camped in their red zone when they were down to 13 men, and still was not able to score a try.

WHAT? THEY LOST!

Man I'm glad I didn't waste my time to watch it.

Would have been like Japan game all over again. And I hate wasting a good fire, going home to freeze my chops again

Springbok coach Allister Coetzee has called Morne Steyn into the national team as cover for an injured Pat Lambie, his agent has confirmed. :eek:  :eek:

Springbok coach Allister Coetzee has called Morne Steyn into the national team as cover for an injured Pat Lambie, his agent has confirmed. :eek:  :eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no hope - we are doomed. AC has the creative thinking ability of a brick wall.

Springbok coach Allister Coetzee has called Morne Steyn into the national team as cover for an injured Pat Lambie, his agent has confirmed. :eek: :eek:

An interesting comment in the Rugby 365 article concerning Morne Steyn's call up:

The other candidates Coetzee could have called up included six-times capped Bok Johan Goosen, who has been in sublime form for Racing 92 in France, or World

Cup-winning Montpellier-based

Frans Steyn, who has been equally

impressive.

Would by far have preferred Frans Steyn to Morne as Frans can play inside center which imho is a problem area as DDA is not playing well enough and our first choice inside, Serfontein, is out injured.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

So the sounds coming from the bok camp this week indicates we'll see the same team again on Saturday, with M. Steyn on the bench. Eish. Talk about 1 step forward 2 steps back. I would have preferred anyone other than Steyn, even Brummer or one of the young WP flyhalves if AC doesn't want to risk April. Another guy people have forgotten about is Boshoff, who is already a bok and should fit in better with the bok's gameplan. Not sure why he was given the cold shoulder by the lions this super rugby season though.

Unfortunately with the series now on the line I'm afraid the team will probably stay the same for the next 2 tests. Even if we win the Ellispark game, the 3rd test will be a decider so he won't make wholesale changes for that one. So guys like Julian, Combrinck, Jaco Kriel will most likely miss out, which would be a real shame. 

PSDT and WW did really well when they came one, so I would give both of them a start. Malherbe was piss poor so I would start Julian ahead of him, actually drop him from the match 23 and bring in Kitshoff on the bench. Jaco Kriel and WW has to start, so it's up to AC how he wants to mix his forwards with Kolisi and Duane in there too, although neither of them did much to deserve retaining their place.

Flouw made in 55 minutes 1 turnover and 7 tackles. Duane 80 minutes 9 tackles, 2 missed, 2 knocks. Kolisi 80 minutes 6 tackles and 1 missed. Whiteley 25mins, 7 tackles. Got these stats from another forum, so don't quote me!

Put Combrinck in at 14 and Jessie Kriel at 15. Then you have paige and M steyn on the bench (whoopee), and Willie (Willie reguit hardloop nie)

I don't really care if they lose again, but can the players please just this time rock up for the game. Not one of them last week looked liked they actually wanted to be on the field. Really? Playing for your country in front of a packed Newlands and you can't give a sh*t. What a disgrace. Danie Craven must be turning in his grave.